Featured Posts

Franch Toast

This is so sad; praying for them 

She/Her/Hers

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agunimon

I have found that miscarriages are especially difficult for mothers since many seem to wonder and deal with what they could have done differently to avoid this and often blame themselves. At least, that’s what happened to an aunt of mine and also a few friends who I know of who had this happen. Really hope she has the support she needs for something like this. 

SharkmanthaC
On 5/14/2022 at 4:08 PM, JazzGa said:

Very sad. :( I know this is one of the reasons why women (esp. celebs) wait until near the end of pregnancy to announce to the public. But I think it's good for celebrities to share their miscarriage stories.  Miscarriages are very common and normal. Something like 20% of all pregnancies are miscarried, many before the woman even knows she's pregnant. But still many women blame themselves when they miscarry and feel like it's some kind of shameful thing they need to hide from everyone else. So kudos to Britney, Chrissy Teigen, and anyone else who shares their story of pregnancy loss. 

On 5/14/2022 at 5:09 PM, ItWasntLaauv said:

Yes it’s sad, miscarriages are a lot more common than people think. About 10-20% of pregnancies end in miscarriages. I find that fact oddly comforting in the sense that it has to make it feel not as isolating for the individual who lost their pregnancy. The topic of miscarriages needs to be talked about so much more so it can be de-stigmatized. Hoping for the best for her and for her to have a healthy pregnancy down the line if she chooses to do so. :heart:

I just want to thank both of you for these responses. This is why I speak so openly about my infertility journey. While infertility isn't as common as miscarriages, it's still 1 in 8 couples, which is a lot. The miscarriage rate for pregnancies is 1 in 4. 

she/her/hers

Alannah
31 minutes ago, SamanthaC said:

I just want to thank both of you for these responses. This is why I speak so openly about my infertility journey. While infertility isn't as common as miscarriages, it's still 1 in 8 couples, which is a lot. The miscarriage rate for pregnancies is 1 in 4. 

Sending love to you and your partner. It breaks my heart that some of the people I know that want children the most are unable or have a difficult time conceiving. I got through the final round of an extensive interview process to donate my eggs. I was turned away due to the fact I treat my ADHD with meds. There's more agencies I can apply to, it just broke my heart to get that first rejection and I needed to take some time. 

I can't imagine how Britney must be feeling; though a common occurrence, women and those expecting can feel so much shame behind it. I hope the stigma will vanish overtime and no one will have to feel like they're alone when experiencing a loss like this.

Archived