💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Hold My Hand debuts on Bubbling Under Hot 100 Chart

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Future Lovers

I think y'all are really overestimating how much the release of a film that she is not even in is going to impact the song

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NATAH
46 minutes ago, Hebi said:

giphy.webp

our karma for mocking Katy Perry's chart performances

however the difference between this and katy is that this song will be going nowhere but up

giphy.webp

mother, what must i do?

Grigio Guy

Tbh, I’ve listened to it maybe twice. The idea of it being about a patriotic themed movie is off putting to say the least.

Religion is a product to sell.

ssslyboy
30 minutes ago, Mr Mendes said:

I think y'all are really overestimating how much the release of a film that she is not even in is going to impact the song

see: Take My Breath Away

jacs vs looser
40 minutes ago, Mr Mendes said:

This is a very rare case though, if the melody of the song is really interpolated throughout the film (which is being very well received so far) it actually *will* have a big impact on the song's success. 

Robo Ga

I’ve never been more confident that a song will be a hit than this. Do you guys realize how many people will see Top Gun Maverick? This is just the beginning. 

I should add I think it’s one of her best ballads ever, best vocal recordings ever, and has an awesome video. Everything is in place. Just sit back and watch it rise 😎

🤖⚡️

Joshua81
1 hour ago, jacs vs looser said:

This is a very rare case though, if the melody of the song is really interpolated throughout the film (which is being very well received so far) it actually *will* have a big impact on the song's success. 

However, if it's gonna be a Beyonce Spirit moment... :huntyga:

Dojo

shallow's humble beginnings were worst than this.

gaga about to give birth to the shallow of this decade

by september this song will already be weeks after weeks on no 1

brace for impact sistrens and non believers, your already cheap wig ain't safe

2 hours ago, ssslyboy said:

Yeah but Take My Breath Away was good

jks

Future Lovers
2 hours ago, ssslyboy said:

That's true, but I would argue that the circumstances are quite different. In 1986, absolutely the film helped to propel that song to the top 5, sometimes even the top spot. That wasn't an uncommon thing because music consumption was just different. And, most crucially, the audience seeing the film represented the majority of the general music buying public. 

Today, I don't think things going that way is especially likely because we have to consider the primary way of consuming music today and who the primary audience of this film is going to be. This film is aimed squarely at people in their 40s who were teens or young adults when the original Top Gun came out. While they probably do stream in large part, they in no way make up the primary demographic that is streaming songs consistently enough to make them hits.

Shallow took off with the release of the film, it's true, but she was also the star of the film and the song was featured within the film as a part of the storyline. It was highlighted. From all we know so far, Hold My Hand is purely an end credits theme and that to me doesn't scream that the film will boost it in a massive way. I'd love to be wrong, it'd be great if the song was featured in some way more than just the end credits, but if that isn't the case, then I think the best case scenario is it reaches the main hot 100 but doesn't do anything notable. 

Now if I'm wrong and it soars, please come clock me, I'll be happy to admit I'm wrong. 

ElectricAlley

Guys the song only had a couple days of tracking and the film isn’t even out yet… it hasn’t even been featured in any of the trailers yet. Don’t compare it to shallow, just enjoy the song and see the film if you’d like. 

Gaby15
39 minutes ago, Mr Mendes said:

From all we know so far, Hold My Hand is purely an end credits theme and that to me doesn't scream that the film will boost it in a massive way. I'd love to be wrong, it'd be great if the song was featured in some way more than just the end credits,

Tom Cruise said HMH is appearing as a tune in the entire score, because Hans Zimmer liked it so much.

I am wondering how Gaga’s contribution in the score is technical (since HMH is a sample, she had to be listed among the composers) or how much she added to that in the reality.

Archived