šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How do I recreate this Gaga look?

oheyitso

Featured Posts

oheyitso

Hey all! I'm doing a drag themed party for my birthday in a couple weeks, and the theme is drag/just people putting in effort tbh lol

I want to try to recreate this look from theĀ House of Gucci Premiere (bc it is iconicĀ :bon:)Ā , does anyone have any recommendations on how to go about doing it/what websites to look at?

Ā 

Lady-Gaga-House-Gucci-Premiere-Dress-Has

SharkmanthaC

You could use a regular body suit, buy lots of chiffon purple fabric and construct it to resemble this dress, fishnets from anywhere really and the boots from Pleaser.Ā 

she/her/hers

oheyitso
1 minute ago, SamanthaC said:

You could use a regular body suit, buy lots of chiffon purple fabric and construct it to resemble this dress, fishnets from anywhere really and the boots from Pleaser.Ā 

Thanks so much! How difficult do you think it would be to construct the dress with the fabric? Would I need to sew it?

SharkmanthaC
1 minute ago, oheyitso said:

Thanks so much! How difficult do you think it would be to construct the dress with the fabric? Would I need to sew it?

Honestly, it looks like you could tie it really well to make it work. I'm not very skilled at sewing, but I've used stuff like this before that you can just iron to make hems and such. It would be difficult on chiffon because you really don't want to use heat on such a delicate fabric. You could possibly find something that is like this for more delicate fabrics though.

Screen-Shot-2022-05-08-at-4-27-09-PM.png

she/her/hers

Mother of Puppies

Yeah buy a similar purple fabric (lots of it actually) and underneath u could wear something like Spanx (nude colored) and then some fishnet tights.

You would probably have to sew the purple fabric to give it a lil more shape

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you šŸ§¹

oheyitso
20 minutes ago, SamanthaC said:

Honestly, it looks like you could tie it really well to make it work. I'm not very skilled at sewing, but I've used stuff like this before that you can just iron to make hems and such. It would be difficult on chiffon because you really don't want to use heat on such a delicate fabric. You could possibly find something that is like this for more delicate fabrics though.

Screen-Shot-2022-05-08-at-4-27-09-PM.png

Thank you so much!

oheyitso
15 minutes ago, Mother of Puppies said:

Yeah buy a similar purple fabric (lots of it actually) and underneath u could wear something like Spanx (nude colored) and then some fishnet tights.

You would probably have to sew the purple fabric to give it a lil more shape

Yes you're right, do you have any knowledge of sewing? Just trying to think how easy it would be to construct

Mother of Puppies
28 minutes ago, oheyitso said:

Yes you're right, do you have any knowledge of sewing? Just trying to think how easy it would be to construct

Hmm no, not really - at least not good.Ā :poot: You could also fold it into shape and then stitch it with a needle... do u see that part where her chest is? It looks like it's ehmm folded and seperates there. (I dunno how to express it properly)

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you šŸ§¹

Killa

I think Samantha's advice is spot on i just dont know how it would hold for a party instead of creating it for shooting a photo at home for ex.

I know very little about this... You just find a textile that's easy to drape and search how to drape. I guess youll have to have to use other fabric and some kind of paperboard and parchment paper? Certainly there's tons of tutorials.Ā 

the dress probably has like three elements, a base, the wrapped dress and the "cape". maybe you could put some pads in the shoulders to hide some bad sewing and where's it's not visible you just glue it?Ā 

If it's for a photo at home id probably just use that drapped coloured paper you find at any stationery, for kids works and patch it would a good cape fabric and some sheer underneath fabric?? and where's opaque, id fill with sparkle ahhah. def go to a stationery to be inspired

Killa

say, maybe search some old clothe store and buy an already made dress, cut it and patch it into the dress you want? just try looking for very similar fabric, id advise to search online which fabric is easier to work it, from those drapping and sheer ones

Archived