đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Best Disney direct to video sequel/prequel/midquel?

Galvon

Featured Posts

EGOT2027

wasn’t there a lion king 1.5 or something? lmao. i remember loving it as a kid but have no idea if it holds up

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Galvon
51 minutes ago, GAMS said:

MULAN 2 IS THEE BEST

I have a soft spot for Mulan 2 as well. It's nowhere near as good as the first one, but I enjoyed the storyline of the three princesses even if it wasn't very realistic. I didn't like the drama between Mulan an Shang, but looking back it's refreshing to see a Disney couple who's relationship wasn't perfect all the time.

HIM820
7 minutes ago, Galvon said:

No most of the animation didn't bother me either, but I've seen a lot of people online hating on it, that's why I mentioned it. Obviously the animation looks cheaper. As they were for straight to video release, I think they weren't as bad as some people say. I agree that the animation from most of the tv shows from the 90s were worse, but tv animation never looks as good as movie animation, definitely not 30 years ago.

I think people said that about these movies because they just kept comparing them to the originals. I probably saw the tv shows way more since it was on daily, so I was more used to not being bothered by it probably! I actually think the animation in the early 90s-2000s was great and I think it really pushed for what type of quality you could make for television in general. Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, Duck Tales, etc have all held up pretty nicely now. I think most people who were young during this gen really grew accustomed to that art style so now things look so digital, even when it isn’t. 

Galvon
Just now, JoanneStan420 said:

wasn’t there a lion king 1.5 or something? lmao. i remember loving it as a kid but have no idea if it holds up

Yes that's The Lion King 1½ but some call it The Lion King 3.

Galvon
51 minutes ago, Galaxy said:

The Lion King 2 I love Zira 

irGo4S.gif

Tbh I haven't seen this one in years. Who was more evil Scar of Zira?

The Fame

I came here to say Lady and the Tramp II honestly wasn't THAT bad for a direct-to-DVD Disney sequel. As a kid I thought it was enjoyable. 

Galvon
Just now, The Fame said:

I came here to say Lady and the Tramp II honestly wasn't THAT bad for a direct-to-DVD Disney sequel. As a kid I thought it was enjoyable. 

I haven't seen it in years but I remember liking it as well.

KORG

Aladdin never set a foot wrong. The 2 sequels were great, tv series was great, music was great. Ugh.

Randomperson

The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning is my favourite and I still enjoy it to this day, sometimes I even prefer it over the original :udidnt:. I’m surprised no one mentioned it yet

Galvon
5 minutes ago, Randomperson said:

The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning is my favourite and I still enjoy it to this day, sometimes I even prefer it over the original :udidnt:. I’m surprised no one mentioned it yet

Yes I thought that one was one of the more popular ones.

• Galvon changed the title to Best Disney direct to video sequel/prequel/midquel?
Pop Music

Little Mermaid 2 

Beauty and The Beast the Enchanted Christmas 

Lady and The Tramp 2 

Return To Neverland  

Gaga đź’ťTaylor đź’ťCarly Rae đź’ťRina đź’ťMARINA đź’ťBritneyđź’ťLights đź’ťShania đź’ťSigridđź’ť

Galvon
9 minutes ago, Pop Music said:

Little Mermaid 2 

Beauty and The Beast the Enchanted Christmas 

Lady and The Tramp 2 

Return To Neverland  

Yes I forgot about Return to Neverland, that one was nice as well.

Chlorine Sevigny

Return of Jafar :partysick:

King of Thieves was also great. :partysick:

El Verdugo
3 hours ago, Galvon said:

Tbh I haven't seen this one in years. Who was more evil Scar of Zira?

They are both very evil but in my opinion Scar is worse because he killed his own brother without remorse, although Zira threatened her own daughter with death so they are almost on the same level.

Regina George

Cinderella III is better than the original and I said what I said

Archived