💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Missy Elliott receives 25% of Bad Bunny’s Safaera royalties

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

‘Safaera‘ sampled a variety of tracks, including Missy Elliot’s 2001 hit “Get Ur Freak On. One of the Bad Bunny’s ‘Safaera’ credited authors Jowell said someone had to have brought it to Missy Elliot’s attention, likely due to the amount of the song’s success. 

Jowell claimed Missy Elliott asked for “millions” of pesos, which Rimas Entertainments’ label manager Noah Assad had to make an agreement over. The agreement resulted in each of the songwriters’ royalties dropping to 1 percent each. “I owned between 15 to 30 percent [originally]” Jowell said. “They took everything. They gave me 1%, Randy 1%, even Bad Bunny has like 1%.“

“Many people think that I was made into a millionaire with ‘Safaera’ but no,” Jowell explained. For Jowell, it was supposed to be the “opportunity hit of a lifetime,” but because of the song’s uncleared sample mistake, it didn’t turn out to be that way.
Jowell also said that it was everyone’s fault, mentioning Bad Bunny, Jowell & Randy, the record label, and the producer’s negligence. source

Update:

I'm just a bad girl trying to be good

Dojo

idgi is such a small little portion

i would rather play something else instead of the sample and keep all the money 

myluis617

Im sorry kinda crazy how they did all that work and they’re shares dropped to 1% while the one artist that didn’t do much for their song gets a higher percentage…

River
17 minutes ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

But did Missy Elliot sample herself someone

It's the only sample in the song

At 36:38 you can hear the Anastacia's Sick And tired sample :river:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

JusKeepBreathin

Don't make mistakes like this and you won't be crying about it later. 

I love lov love Bad Bunny but it's what they all deserved and if after that song you couldn't get another hit. That's on you. 

Bad Bunny is doing just fine without that song. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

4 minutes ago, River said:

It's the only sample in the song

Yeah so it's not 100% hers, she has a lot of sampels in her song herself

TortureMeOnReplay
26 minutes ago, myluis617 said:

Im sorry kinda crazy how they did all that work and they’re shares dropped to 1% while the one artist that didn’t do much for their song gets a higher percentage…

He also said:

“Had that song been an ordinary song from anyone out there like the one we put out, no one would have gotten into it,” Jowell told MoluscoTV in Spanish. “That song la jodieron [was f*cked over] because it was so successful.”

As if they could have gotten away with it if the song didn't do so well. It doesn't sound like an honest mistake, but something they thought they could get away with. No artist wants their work ripped off, and let's not act like any of the 4 writers don't know how to clear a sample or as if they themselves don't get their own tracks sampled and cleared on other's works. 

Teletubby
44 minutes ago, myluis617 said:

that is crazy but they literally used part of Missy song. 
Ariana Grande had to give 90% of “7 Rings” songwriting royalties to the estates of Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein.
Olivia Rodrigo (who didn't sample but her songs just sound similar) had to give:
50% of songwriting credit for deja vu to Taylor Swift's “Cruel Summer” writing team,
67% of “1 step forward, 3 steps back” to Antonoff and Taylor for “New Year's Day”,
50% of “good 4 u” to Paramore (“Misery Business”).

I'm just a bad girl trying to be good

edengowon
3 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

that is crazy but they literally used part of Missy song. 
Ariana Grande had to give 90% of “7 Rings” songwriting royalties to the estates of Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein.
Olivia Rodrigo (who didn't sample but her songs just sound similar) had to give:
50% of songwriting credit for deja vu to Taylor Swift's “Cruel Summer” writing team,
67% of “1 step forward, 3 steps back” to Antonoff and Taylor for “New Year's Day”,
50% of “good 4 u” to Paramore (“Misery Business”).

she did sample new year's day though. the others are more dubious but the new year's day sample was never in question. taylor was on those credits from the start.

the artist formerly known as melancholia

Joaco95
1 hour ago, Teletubby said:

because of the song’s uncleared sample mistake, it didn’t turn out to be that way.

sample mistake? lmao they sampled like five songs and not everyone is credited

• Teletubby changed the title to Missy Elliott receives 25% of Bad Bunny’s Safaera royalties

Archived