Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
my experience

Pro tip: Exchanging Chromatica Ball tickets and getting an upgrade

ConnorFilm

Featured Posts

ConnorFilm

Hello everyone!

I went through this yesterday and thought I'd share my experience in the hopes of helping others. 

So, I have a Citi credit card and was able to participate in the presale for the Dallas show yesterday. I waited in the online queue before finally getting in a few minutes after sales opened. Well, nearly all areas around the stage were sold out, which made me pretty bummed. I decided to just get two seats away from the stadium field and up in the higher sections of the venue. I paid my $280 and went with my day. 

Yet... something nagged at me. I decided to log back into the presale about an hour later and magically... some field seats around the stage had become available! I was so irritated because that's where I originally wanted to be. I did some quick digging and found out there IS a way to exchange tickets if better seats become available. 

On Ticketmaster's website, they state their policy on exchanging tickets if better seats become avaliable. 

https://help.ticketmaster.com/s/article/Can-I-exchange-or-upgrade-my-tickets?language=en_US

I decided to buy the better seats on the field for $450 and quickly reached out to customer support via email.

https://help.ticketmaster.com/s/article/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Service?language=en_US

Sure enough, they reimbursed my $280 for my original purchase, allowing me to get my money back!

I figured this might be helpful if others now see better seats on Ticketmaster. :)

Good luck!

Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens

mr.peter

I did this for The Jazz and Piano Show. Settled for some tickets and later in the day looked again and found better seats. Although you have to buy the new seats you want and wait on tikcetmaster to cancel the original purchase and refund you for them.

IndyMelissa

I feel like I should know this but my tickets were bought through MLB...i wonder if this is an option??

I LIVE FOR THE APPLAUSE

beli8

Thanks for the tip!

Once I bought a ticket for Gwen's Truth tour, and then a few months later Garbage announced a show on the same day (much cheaper). As much as I was bummed to not see Gwen, I hadn't seen Garbage in like 15+ years whereas I had seen Gwen/ND like 10 times in those 15 years. So I took a leap of faith, bought the very inexpensive Garbage ticket, and started contacting Ticketmaster, begging them to refund me the Gwen ticket. I figured they wouldn't since it would have been a loss on their part, but I called and called and called for a few days until I got the right person who understood my dilemma and refunded me. I honestly couldn't believe it lol. Of course, that was back when you could call and talk to them. I think now you have to do everything through their online contact.

ConnorFilm
42 minutes ago, IndyMelissa said:

I feel like I should know this but my tickets were bought through MLB...i wonder if this is an option??

MLB? I’m not sure. I’m fairly certain Ticketmaster will only let you exchange and upgrade tickets if it was bought directly from their site.

Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens

beli8
4 minutes ago, ConnorFilm said:

MLB? I’m not sure. I’m fairly certain Ticketmaster will only let you exchange and upgrade tickets if it was bought directly from their site.

If MLB is considered a third party site, I think you're right. The article says:

Please note that exchanges are not available for:

Tickets for events that are less than 72 hours away

Tickets purchased through resale

Tickets that were transferred to you or tickets purchased from a 3rd party site

VIP and other premium tickets

Tickets purchased with additional related items and/or bundled products, such as merchandise

Tickets of lesser price (than the price you paid)

monstertoronto
7 hours ago, ConnorFilm said:

Hello everyone!

I went through this yesterday and thought I'd share my experience in the hopes of helping others. 

So, I have a Citi credit card and was able to participate in the presale for the Dallas show yesterday. I waited in the online queue before finally getting in a few minutes after sales opened. Well, nearly all areas around the stage were sold out, which made me pretty bummed. I decided to just get two seats away from the stadium field and up in the higher sections of the venue. I paid my $280 and went with my day. 

Yet... something nagged at me. I decided to log back into the presale about an hour later and magically... some field seats around the stage had become available! I was so irritated because that's where I originally wanted to be. I did some quick digging and found out there IS a way to exchange tickets if better seats become available. 

On Ticketmaster's website, they state their policy on exchanging tickets if better seats become avaliable. 

https://help.ticketmaster.com/s/article/Can-I-exchange-or-upgrade-my-tickets?language=en_US

I decided to buy the better seats on the field for $450 and quickly reached out to customer support via email.

https://help.ticketmaster.com/s/article/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Service?language=en_US

Sure enough, they reimbursed my $280 for my original purchase, allowing me to get my money back!

I figured this might be helpful if others now see better seats on Ticketmaster. :)

Good luck!

Thank you! I had no idea you could do this. I’ve always thought Ticketmaster was hellishly unreasonable to refund tickets. But I guess since they only do this for new tickets at the same price or higher they’re not losing any money. 

mdance4life
8 hours ago, beli8 said:

If MLB is considered a third party site, I think you're right. The article says:

Please note that exchanges are not available for:

Tickets for events that are less than 72 hours away

Tickets purchased through resale

Tickets that were transferred to you or tickets purchased from a 3rd party site

VIP and other premium tickets

Tickets purchased with additional related items and/or bundled products, such as merchandise

Tickets of lesser price (than the price you paid)

Boston as well as another venue (I can’t remember which) were sold via MLB exclusively and not Ticketmaster. I bought my tickets for Boston as well the day they went on sale in 2020. In fact, anything available on Ticketmaster for Boston is purely a resale ticket. MLB (major league baseball association) does require some venues to sell their tickets directly from the venue, as Boston and I think maybe Chicago also did?

anyhoo! Hope that helps to know that it’s not a third party source and hopefully this person can do some exchanging :))

Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.

dep18702
43 minutes ago, mdance4life said:

Boston as well as another venue (I can’t remember which) were sold via MLB exclusively and not Ticketmaster. I bought my tickets for Boston as well the day they went on sale in 2020. In fact, anything available on Ticketmaster for Boston is purely a resale ticket. MLB (major league baseball association) does require some venues to sell their tickets directly from the venue, as Boston and I think maybe Chicago also did?

anyhoo! Hope that helps to know that it’s not a third party source and hopefully this person can do some exchanging :))

Yes, Boston, Chicago, LA, and Washington DC are sold through the MLB website and not Ticketmaster because of the baseball stadiums. 

Burqa4Fashion

Thank you so much for sharing this, @ConnorFilm! I had to request an exchange today after finding better seats during today's presale compared to Tuesday's. I really hope it goes through. I can barely afford two floor seats, let alone four!

Lextyr97

If anyone can help me get Fenway tickets for less than an arm and a leg I would greatly appreciate it

TortureMeOnReplay

Did you have VIP tickets before? It says their policy is to not exchange those and unfortunately I got those before finding better tickets

On 3/10/2022 at 5:22 AM, dep18702 said:

Yes, Boston, Chicago, LA, and Washington DC are sold through the MLB website and not Ticketmaster because of the baseball stadiums. 

LA was not sold through MLB, it was Ticketmaster. I have tickets for that show and also Chicago. Chicago was through MLB. 

dep18702
1 hour ago, NT78 said:

LA was not sold through MLB, it was Ticketmaster. I have tickets for that show and also Chicago. Chicago was through MLB. 

Ok. Sorry. I just assumed LA was through MLB too since it’s a baseball stadium. 

IndyMelissa
On 3/9/2022 at 11:24 PM, ConnorFilm said:

Good point. When the went on sale in 2020, I bought directly from the MLB site for Chicago, not ticketmaster, as they were the ones selling them for presale. Not sure if thats the case for all shows??

I LIVE FOR THE APPLAUSE

Archived