💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The tour is too anglo-centric and has only classic alpha major cities

Okinawa

Featured Posts

9 minutes ago, dojo said:

do you have tickets for dula lube? :samanthac: i still don't 

Nope, saving all my energy for gagargola. But, I would try to get a ticket if Caroline Polachek opens the show in CDMX.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LadyxGaGa
2 hours ago, Igor said:

As expected, the american comparing traveling between cities with traveling between countries, the same discourse of las vegas residency. As if is so easy to travel from latin america to the US or Europe.

im not saying its easy but gaga was able to do it than u can too, she followed her dreams and look where it got her, shouldnt that b inspiration for u to follow urs?

Dojo
3 minutes ago, JorgeX said:

Nope, saving all my energy for gagargola. But, I would try to get a ticket if Caroline Polachek opens the show in CDMX.

choices :samanthac:

2 minutes ago, LadyxGaGa said:

im not saying its easy but gaga was able to do it than u can too, she followed her dreams and look where it got her, shouldnt that b inspiration for u to follow urs?

So inspiring :applause:

ProfessionalClown

Do we forget that she literally has a debilitating illness and she literally shouldn’t even tour but she still does?

monstertoronto

Gaga isn’t a United Nations ambassador that has an obligation to cater to all different countries and languages equally. She’s an American English-speaking singer who is touring her English-language album. There’s no issue with her touring countries that speak her native language and it’s obviously market-driven that she’s bringing a stadium tour to the only places that generally even have stadiums in them…large cities. I think it’s fine to be disappointed that she’s not coming to your area but to frame it Anglo-centric to imply racism and “only alpha-cites” as a negative because she’s not in your town, is unnecessary, an overreach, and ignoring the business side. It’s an honour and a thrill for performers to be at a stage that they can book stadiums and be able to play to 50,000 at once as opposed to 15,000  in arenas. It’s a hugely exciting energy and accomplishment. Plus it’s better for her health that she doesn’t need to travel so much and maximizes the number of fans she can see. Gaga should be entitled to enjoy her success, plan a trip that works for her and not be shaded as racist or snobby just because it’s inconvenient or impossible for all fans to go.  

Enigma
21 minutes ago, LadyxGaGa said:

kindness punks are so funny :toofunny:

StarstruckIllusion
22 minutes ago, Night Vision said:

I know you didn't say she owed an explanation, but the suggestion that there is a "silence" on why she isn't touring in those territories kind of makes it seem like she should explain why. I don't have curiosity on it because I don't think the reason is that deep. Like I said, her touring commitments have been dramatically scaled back in recent years, and there's a multitude of reasons behind that. Her health, her desire to tour extensively, and her career priorities changing. Justin Bieber is clearly in a place where he wants and feels able to embark on a large international tour, Gaga isn't. Her tour schedule for Chromatica and Joanne are wildly different. You can't compare a three leg tour with over 50 scheduled shows to a two month tour with 15 dates. The logistics that go into it are entirely different. It's not a case of "demoting" herself, the demand will always be there for her, and I'm sure she will return to Latin America, Asia, and Oceania at some point in the future. But simply supplying the demand isn't always how it works for planning these big concert tours, there can be lots of reasons why artists don't travel to certain territories on a specific tour, and we don't know what commitments Gaga already has beyond the end of the Chromatica Tour.

I don’t believe should say = owe us tho. It’s not the end of the world if she doesn’t say anything, but it’s kinda sad she’s not. Altho I guess no one else agrees so whatever. Also, when I compare the Joanne tour to this, I’m talking about the fact she’s going to different cities every other day. I know the Joanne World Tour had more dates, but the frequency is still the same. Maybe she gets too worn out by frequent tours but I guess not. I’d be happy with her taking a few months break between tour legs like she has for Vegas… then have another 10-15 run later. 

I just hope we get a Leg 2, but the fact she didn’t specify this was Leg 1, is a bad sign. Altho, tbf, if she did, she’s probably be harassed for the next 9 months to announce Leg 2 so idk. 

Regina George

I mean it’s hardly a world tour so you’re right.. 

she should have added one date in CDMX and maybe one in MTL. 

Sunny21
4 hours ago, LoliLux said:

Hi,

I would like to go to a Lady Gaga concert, Chromatica is a great album, but unfortunately the cities with concerts are too limited and compared to the ArtRave ARTPOPol Ball tour, there are much less regions covered. :S How do you feel about it?

There are about 200 nations in the world, yet the entire tour only happens in 7 nations, all of them are in North America & Western/Northern Europe. All tour dates happen in cities, where a Germanic language is the usual language, except for Paris, most of them in English-speaking cities (anglo(phone) means English-speaking). In Europe, the tour dates are centered around the quadrangle London-Paris-Netherlands-West Germany, with Stockholm the only exception away from high dense Core Europe. No concerts in Southern and Eastern Europe. In Canada, Montréal used to be a classic Gaga tour city, but now only bigger Toronto is there to choose from. Although, the New York City metro are is twice as big as the London area, there is just one concert in greater NYC, while there are two in London, which somehow is the default centre tour city of the music world. I feel that the concerts are being narrowed down to just the main anglo cities in America and major European regions, I just wish there was more.

4 hours ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

I'm white and can't go either :partysick:

With that said, I really don't know why she has paid dust to Latin America, Asia, etc lately.

4 hours ago, deactivated001 said:

I personally think she could've have subbed two European dates for either Asian or South American cities. 

4 hours ago, Franch Toast said:

No idea about Latin America, but I think she's skipping Asia because of the unpredictable Covid travel restrictions there. China/Taiwan/HK still have draconian quarantine requirements (up to 21 days), Japan keeps on changing whether it'll even allow non-Japanese residents in, etc. 

Travel can worsen symptoms in people with existing MENTAL ILLNESS, depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts, or alcohol use.

For those who don't remember, Gaga had a PSYCHOTIC BREAK in late 2017. JWT was cut short in Jan 2018. She is not cured.

The last thing she needs is another psychotic break!! 😒

It's important for her to stay healthy during the tour. If a concert is canceled at the last minute, and a pre-existing condition is not covered by cancellation insurance, Gaga and Live Nation may be on the hook for millions of dollars already spent on venue deposit, electricians, forklifts, etc. It's bad for the fans too, obviously.

I think her team is very careful. Look at her schedule: Europe in July. North America in August. Back home in California in Sept.

Big cities. Stadium shows. Perform for as many fans as possible. As few stops as possible. TRAVEL is bad for her, period.

she/her/hers

Ladle Ghoulash
2 minutes ago, Sunny21 said:

Travel can worsen symptoms in people with existing MENTAL ILLNESS, depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts, or alcohol use.

For those who don't remember, Gaga had a PSYCHOTIC BREAK in late 2017. JWT was cut short in Jan 2018. She is not cured.

The last thing she needs is another psychotic break!! 😒

It's important for her to stay healthy during the tour. If a concert is canceled at the last minute, and a pre-existing condition is not covered by cancellation insurance, Gaga and Live Nation may be on the hook for millions of dollars already spent on venue deposit, electricians, forklifts, etc. It's bad for the fans too, obviously.

I think her team is very careful. Look at her schedule: Europe in July. North America in August. Back home in California in Sept.

Big cities. Stadium shows. Perform for as many fans as possible. As few stops as possible. TRAVEL is bad for her, period.

Okay. Nobody you quoted was dragging her. Literally everyone you quoted has been understanding, so I really don't understand your tone and why you're acting like nobody understands her mental and physical health issues. 

LadyxGaGa
42 minutes ago, JorgeX said:

So inspiring :applause:

ty friend, she was broke as joke and still managed to make her dreams come true

LadyxGaGa
24 minutes ago, Enigma said:

kindness punks are so funny :toofunny:

lmaoo what is funny about following ur dreams??

• River locked this topic

Archived