Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The tour is too anglo-centric and has only classic alpha major cities

Okinawa

Featured Posts

Okinawa

Hi,

I would like to go to a Lady Gaga concert, Chromatica is a great album, but unfortunately the cities with concerts are too limited and compared to the ArtRave ARTPOPol Ball tour, there are much less regions covered. :S How do you feel about it?

There are about 200 nations in the world, yet the entire tour only happens in 7 nations, all of them are in North America & Western/Northern Europe. All tour dates happen in cities, where a Germanic language is the usual language, except for Paris, most of them in English-speaking cities (anglo(phone) means English-speaking). In Europe, the tour dates are centered around the quadrangle London-Paris-Netherlands-West Germany, with Stockholm the only exception away from high dense Core Europe. No concerts in Southern and Eastern Europe. In Canada, Montréal used to be a classic Gaga tour city, but now only bigger Toronto is there to choose from. Although, the New York City metro are is twice as big as the London area, there is just one concert in greater NYC, while there are two in London, which somehow is the default centre tour city of the music world. I feel that the concerts are being narrowed down to just the main anglo cities in America and major European regions, I just wish there was more.

~We are Reel Cool~

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BlingNotTheMusic

I'm white and can't go either :partysick:

With that said, I really don't know why she has paid dust to Latin America, Asia, etc lately.

MessyTop

Is all About her well being and schedule. She can’t tour like she did in the Monster Ball. We want her healthy and happy. That’s probably and easy schedule. 

Ladle Ghoulash

I personally think she could've have subbed two European dates for either Asian or South American cities. 

NFRatwell
2 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

I'm white and can't go either :partysick:

With that said, I really don't know why she has paid dust to Latin America, Asia, etc lately.

To be fair, I don’t think Anglo-centric / western necessarily means white. Most of these large cities she’s visiting have incredible diversity compared to others.

BlingNotTheMusic
1 minute ago, NFRatwell said:

To be fair, I don’t think Anglo necessarily means white. Most of these large cities she’s visiting have incredible diversity compared to others. 

"Anglo is a prefix indicating a relation to, or descent from, the Angles, England, English culture, the English people or the English language, such as in the term Anglo-Saxon"

You wanna fight me on this Ratwell? :samanthac:

Tiffany Pollard Eating GIF

MessyTop
3 minutes ago, NeonSkeleton said:

SHE :patrizia: HAS :patrizia: FIBROMYALGIA :patrizia:

This! Fans forget how hard is for her to tour and travel. We are lucky we get q tour 

Suspiria

I can definitely understand where you're coming from. I'm actually surprised she added the Germany, Holland and Sweden dates, I didn't think they were such big markets for her.

However, I don't think it's surprising or wrong that an english speaking pop star would mainly visit english speaking countries, those are obviously her biggest markets (that's ignoring the fact that wealthy western countries are obviously the richest and she can charge the highest ticket prices).

I will be shocked if she doesn't add a surprise show in Brazil this year though. After the RiR fiasco I would have thought they'd be a top priority.

6 minutes ago, LoliLux said:

No concerts in Southern and Eastern Europe.

she's not going anywhere near Eastern Europe

Clayton

I get where you're coming from. Brazil, Australia and Japan especially deserved a date. Still I am very surprised that she actually expanded the tour from 6 dates to 15, given her condition. Let's just hope all dates take place and that (bonus) we get a professional recording of it

Dojo
1 minute ago, MessyTop said:

This! Fans forget how hard is for her to tour and travel. We are lucky we get q tour 

we? who are we? because 92% of us will not get a tour 

NFRatwell
4 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

"Anglo is a prefix indicating a relation to, or descent from, the Angles, England, English culture, the English people or the English language, such as in the term Anglo-Saxon"

You wanna fight me on this Ratwell? :samanthac:

Tiffany Pollard Eating GIF

I’m just correcting you, because you equated these western cities with being “white”… London is only 60% white, LA is about 50% and NYC is less than 50%. Just making sure people don’t make this a race thing. 

PartySick

Well...Atlanta, GA has more black people than white people so there's that :bear:

But in all seriousness, it would be nice for her to throw a scrap or two to the stans in South America. The poor things :cryga:

🖤

• River locked this topic

Archived