💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The tour is too anglo-centric and has only classic alpha major cities

Okinawa

Featured Posts

Harry Kat

Can this fanbase be happy for once? She didn't cancel the tour as you all thought that she would do it! She added more dates and you still complain! I'm from Greece, I was so lucky that she came to my country in 2014 but if i wanna see her again I should travel to another European country and honestly it's logical! She has 2 dates in London so GB can go there! She has the French date for western Europe, Germany and Netherlands dates for Western/Central Europe and Sweden for Scandinavia! Arnhem is a smart choice because of its location! The only EU dates that I was expecting to add and she didn't were Spain and Italy! I'm sure with the next tour we will have more EU cities! I'm also sure that she will tour Australia, NZ, Brazi, Asia in the near future! Don't forget that Covid is still here and she will tour a 2 years old album! 

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Roughhouse Dandy

A ton of people have already stated the smaller dates being best for her because of her health concerns, but I completely understand how lil monsters could feel left out. It'd be really nice for artists to film their smaller tours like covid times. 

This is my Hannah Montanaâ„ąïž lipgloss.

StarstruckIllusion
1 hour ago, Night Vision said:

To be honest, I feel for the fans, but I don't think she really owes an explanation. Some tours visit some parts of the world, some don't. That's just the way it is. There are lots of different fanbases with the same situation. For example, Beyoncé hasn't toured outside of North America and Europe in almost ten years. Britney has only toured Australia once in 2009, and only done one proper tour of Latin America in 2011. Taylor Swift has never toured Latin America. Rihanna has never toured most of Latin America, most of Asia, and hasn't performed in Japan since 2008.

Never said she owes us anything. I don’t know why you said that. She’s free to say what she wants and I’m free to cringe at it. Also, how do you have no curiosity as to why they all just stopped touring there? This isn’t an act of nature, so it’s not “just the way it is”. Someone is behind this. Don’t get why Bieber can do a 2+ continent tour in 2022, but Gaga cant. Her tour schedule looks just as gruelling as the Joanne World Tour which she also had to cancel bc of Fibro. Don’t know why it’s a serve to demote yourself from a WW superstar to a Western world only star when the demand is there but it’s her choice to lose I guess 

Lets just hope there’s a leg 2 in non anglo countries coming soon, and let’s manifest Gaga staying better than her peers
 or at least Bieber 😭

9 minutes ago, Harry Kat said:

Can this fanbase be happy for once? She didn't cancel the tour as you all thought that she would do it! She added more dates and you still complain! I'm from Greece, I was so lucky that she came to my country in 2014 but if i wanna see her again I should travel to another European country and honestly it's logical! She has 2 dates in London so GB can go there! She has the French date for western Europe, Germany and Netherlands dates for Western/Central Europe and Sweden for Scandinavia! Arnhem is a smart choice because of its location! The only EU dates that I was expecting to add and she didn't were Spain and Italy! I'm sure with the next tour we will have more EU cities! I'm also sure that she will tour Australia, NZ, Brazi, Asia in the near future! Don't forget that Covid is still here and she will tour a 2 years old album! 

I also think is logical for europeans to travel to other european countries, given that as part of the EU you have the freedom to do so. Another reason why would make much more sense to schedule these extra dates in other continents instead of europe.

Alfonso
2 hours ago, MessyTop said:

I believe the problem with Latin America is the insurance, COVID restrictions and the long travel for her. She can’t go all the way to South America for 1 concert. She would have to do several countries and several dates, hence she can’t tour like before.

I mean, she could come to MĂ©xico.. I still can't believe she hasn't returned here considering how close it is.. every major star is coming with their tour, why can't gaga?

Chic
1 hour ago, LoliLux said:

I have the same impression, I also think that the original tour was meant to be lengthier / more lengthy and that after 2 years the spirit of Chromatica has somehow become less intense because time has passed by and Chromatica is nomore so new and that the focus is now just on typical major cities. Maybe Gaga could add more songs of her older hit songs to attract more people, or maybe she could even released one brandnew single to draw more attention on Chromatica? I know that Gaga dislikes the idea of re-releasing albums, but considering the circumstances she could maybe re-release Chromatica with 2-4 new songs, which would give more power to her concert.

Yeah, this seems more like something she’s doing for the fans. She really intends to follow up with a tour for this, which is super admirable to me.

Lona Delery

:deadbanana: sorry but what even is this post

Gaga's got fibromiyalgia, venues all around the globe are fully booked cuz every artist is trying to catch up with touring, Asia and other parts of the world outside Europe/NA are still highly unpredictable regarding covid regulations plus Europe and the US are obviously her biggest markets

theres a plethora of reasons why theres only a handful of tour dates in a few select countries

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

Remember that Gaga is a company, and they have to make profit out this tour. Also, the businessmen in each country need to invest to make a concert of this size happen. Maybe Latin America companies are not interested in Gaga right now, and they rather to put the money on a cheaper international artist, and get the same profit, like if they did with Gaga.

CubbyGaga

As a resident of Chicago, this thread is black erasure and honestly I won’t stand for it.

MessyTop
21 minutes ago, Alfonso said:

I mean, she could come to MĂ©xico.. I still can't believe she hasn't returned here considering how close it is.. every major star is coming with their tour, why can't gaga?

From what I hear Live Nation aka OCESA can’t afford Gaga, the prices would have to be insanely high to make it worth. I think they did try to do a date in Monterrey, but I heard it was all about the money and the prices didn’t add up. 
Remember the USA has the most expensive concerts in the world. 

1 minute ago, MessyTop said:

From what I hear Live Nation aka OCESA can’t afford Gaga, the prices would have to be insanely high to make it worth. I think they did try to do a date in Monterrey, but I heard it was all about the money and the prices didn’t add up. 
Remember the USA has the most expensive concerts in the world. 

Brand New Lol GIF by HBO Max

That’s what I thought with Mexico. Also, Mexicans pockets are already empty with tons of concerts and festivals ahead (Coldplay, dula peep, bad bunny, etc.)

Butters Stotch

Honestly I want Gaga to be healthy and happy. That's the most important thing. But it is also very sad how many people are acting like we as fans can't be sad/disappointed about her not coming to our countries. I mean, it is what it is, but in the end I'm still sad about not being able to see TCBT, I can't lie. I'm happy though, at least we're getting a tour.

And if I could ask for something, it would be that, if no more dates are gonna be announced, she records it and releases it for us to be able to see it properly. I would be ok with that, it's at least one way to enjoy it. No one's gonna be completely happy with everything she does, and being realistic, she's never gonna be able to tour the whole world and visit every existing country, and touring like during TMBT or TBTWBT is not healthy for her.

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

Dojo
42 minutes ago, JorgeX said:

Brand New Lol GIF by HBO Max

That’s what I thought with Mexico. Also, Mexicans pockets are already empty with tons of concerts and festivals ahead (Coldplay, dula peep, bad bunny, etc.)

do you have tickets for dula lube? :samanthac: i still don't 

Night Vision
1 hour ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

Never said she owes us anything. I don’t know why you said that. She’s free to say what she wants and I’m free to cringe at it. Also, how do you have no curiosity as to why they all just stopped touring there? This isn’t an act of nature, so it’s not “just the way it is”. Someone is behind this. Don’t get why Bieber can do a 2+ continent tour in 2022, but Gaga cant. Her tour schedule looks just as gruelling as the Joanne World Tour which she also had to cancel bc of Fibro. Don’t know why it’s a serve to demote yourself from a WW superstar to a Western world only star when the demand is there but it’s her choice to lose I guess 

Lets just hope there’s a leg 2 in non anglo countries coming soon, and let’s manifest Gaga staying better than her peers
 or at least Bieber 😭

I know you didn't say she owed an explanation, but the suggestion that there is a "silence" on why she isn't touring in those territories kind of makes it seem like she should explain why. I don't have curiosity on it because I don't think the reason is that deep. Like I said, her touring commitments have been dramatically scaled back in recent years, and there's a multitude of reasons behind that. Her health, her desire to tour extensively, and her career priorities changing. Justin Bieber is clearly in a place where he wants and feels able to embark on a large international tour, Gaga isn't. Her tour schedule for Chromatica and Joanne are wildly different. You can't compare a three leg tour with over 50 scheduled shows to a two month tour with 15 dates. The logistics that go into it are entirely different. It's not a case of "demoting" herself, the demand will always be there for her, and I'm sure she will return to Latin America, Asia, and Oceania at some point in the future. But simply supplying the demand isn't always how it works for planning these big concert tours, there can be lots of reasons why artists don't travel to certain territories on a specific tour, and we don't know what commitments Gaga already has beyond the end of the Chromatica Tour.

• River locked this topic

Archived