šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Kim Petras - Slut Pop [EP]

Teletubby

Featured Posts

28 minutes ago, Petrichor said:

Ā 

Itā€™s garbage. Mindless pop, in the worst way.

Ā 

I think its fun. Not every pop record needĀ to have a deep meaning šŸ˜…

Ā 

this whole EP feels like if btch is ill (by azealia banks) was an album and i love Ā that, give that song a listen omg its on youtube

Ā 

Ā 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

y'all calling this some of the best new music in a while are just settin her up to be dragged :partysick:

mother, what must i do?

Anderson123

So I just gave it a listen and it's not as bad as I thought. I was expecting some kind of trashy Heidi Montag album but the instrumentals are pretty cool. The lyrics are cringe af though but I guess it's just part of the fun. A little repetitive for songs that are only 2 minutes long. Kim just knows what the gheys like and it's an ok ish project to use on their tik tok/insta stories for a bit til she releases the final debut album, because she has like 4 at this point lol.

I also can't tell the songs apart, they sound like they were all made with the same instrumental but I'm not judging!

The thing about this EP is, if you donā€™t get it, you donā€™t get it.

Itā€™s meant to be cheesy, ā€œholy **** did she really just say that?ā€, shockingly sexual and thematically overt. Not many people are willing to go all out like this. Itā€™s made to be the sleaziest thing youā€™ve ever heard.

Is it soulless? Partially, but thatā€™s kinda the point. Kim obviously loves sex, butĀ thereā€™s nothing particularly emotionalĀ in the EP. That doesnā€™t make it meaningless. It has meaning in its approach to provocation.

As trans people, we often feel immense pressure to conform to the desires and comforts of others. Someone like Kim, who is conventionally attractive and what I refer to as passable (people donā€™t know sheā€™s trans unless theyā€™re told), not to mention sorta famous, is going to face even more of that pressure.

In some aspects of our life, it can feel extremely freeing to not give a **** and just not conform to what other people want. Many may snarl at this album for how far it pushes towards the sexual themes, but thatā€™s what makes the project so special. The reaction is part of the art. When it makes you uncomfortable and shocked, I feel like itā€™s working. I think this is Kim not giving a **** and just doing what she wants, being as provocative as possible and not worrying if people are shy about it or not.

If you donā€™t like it, I would give it another listen with the idea of how freeing and cathartic giving that little of a **** is, because thatā€™s what I love about it

phantasmas

I likeĀ XXX the mostĀ 

Iā€™ve heard raunchier music so this ep is not that wild to meĀ 

Cant wait to hear some remixesĀ :vegas:

Ā 

phantasmas

Also, I wish she did a song with Amanda Lepore like a remix of ā€œMy P*ssyā€Ā Ā :messga:Ā it would be so c*nt !Ā 

Stone S

Does anyone else justĀ feel like people are just trying to do what slayyyter already did.Ā like Iā€™m tired of it all. Itā€™s all been done beforeĀ 

Welcome to Industria

papergangster

Iā€™ve waited to listen to this ep until now and itā€™s not a let down for me. I think she delivered, love the concept.Ā 

DenDenTired
2 minutes ago, Stone S said:

Does anyone else justĀ feel like people are just trying to do what slayyyter already did.Ā like Iā€™m tired of it all. Itā€™s all been done beforeĀ 

I get what youā€™re saying butĀ Ayesha Erotica did something similar, so did Cupcakke and so did Jeffree Star.Ā 

tyler k
12 minutes ago, phantasmas said:

Ā 

Cant wait to hear some remixesĀ :vegas:

Ā 

yesss I need a full remix album with longer versions of each song omgĀ 

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

I get the impression that it's intended to be trashy but bop-able, sleazy pop music and it delivers just thatĀ :bon:Ā we stan!

Petrichor
4 hours ago, dove said:

I think its fun. Not every pop record needĀ to have a deep meaning šŸ˜…

Ā 

this whole EP feels like if btch is ill (by azealia banks) was an album and i love Ā that, give that song a listen omg its on youtube

Ā 

Ā 

Oh, I absolutely agree, pop music does not need to have a deeper or overt meaning, andĀ in fact, music that is simple/taken at "face value"/fun over all else is usually the most enjoyable to me.

However, this trashy just for the sake of being trashy, and Kim, with ****ing Dr. Luke, name-dropped Gaga. That's disgusting. He put her through hell.

Archived