đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Sean Penn claims men are too feminine nowadays

flyaway

Featured Posts

HEARTSTOP
36 minutes ago, Karlillosz said:

what kind of style is this, do you happen to know?

where do they get this influence from, and what's the reasons behind it?

Because you can wear whatever the f*ck you want wtf

What kind of views are these? Did you know that dresses, heels and makeup were originally created and used exclusively by men? Also, rockstars in the 80s were considered hypermasculine with tons of makeup, long hair, skinny jeans, tall shoes, and nail polish.

Stop attributing genders to inanimate objects and just do whatever you feel like with your own life. Don't like nail polish? Don't wear nail polish. Let people live their lives.

If you genuinely want to know some - very straight - hot guys who wear these things (mostly nail polish), I know of many popular youtubers who rock it (Julien Solomita, Damien Haas, Hasan Piker...). I don't think people consider me particularly effeminate, and the only reason I don't paint my nails more often is because I'm too lazy to maintain them, but they do look rad. Maybe you should try it.

IDGAF

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley

I believe that everyone is entitled to whatever gender performance they want to display. If they want to be more traditionally masculine-looking, it's their right as long as it doesn't translate to hurting people. If they want to become men who are more "feminine" in the eyes of traditional gender views, it is also their right and no one should stop them. I just think that kindness and respect for each other's choices would make the world go round.

That said, do I see value in traditional masculinity? I do. If traditional masculinity (I don't mean the toxic kind, I mean something along the lines of chivalry, some degree of stoicism, "traditional" masculine fashion and behaviour, etc. all those that are non-toxic and non-damaging) were to go extinct tomorrow, would I mourn for it? Yes I would. I would consider it a loss.

Of course I also see value in "femininity" in men. I believe some of the best men out there are men who embrace a certain level of femininity. Though I wouldn't go so far as to saying it should completely replace traditional masculinity.

Does anyone find my view disrespectful? If so, I would genuinely love to hear your insight.

Pennywise

@PartySick @SamanthaCI REALLY REALLY want to say something that'll get me banned... like, the nerve some users here have to agree with him, without ever looking in the mirror :reductive:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Pennywise
10 minutes ago, Bradley said:

I believe that everyone is entitled to whatever gender performance they want to display. If they want to be more traditionally masculine-looking, it's their right as long as it doesn't translate to hurting people. If they want to become men who are more "feminine" in the eyes of traditional gender views, it is also their right and no one should stop them. I just think that kindness and respect for each other's choices would make the world go round.

That said, do I see value in traditional masculinity? I do. If traditional masculinity (I don't mean the toxic kind, I mean something along the lines of chivalry, some degree of stoicism, "traditional" masculine fashion and behaviour, etc. all those that are non-toxic and non-damaging) were to go extinct tomorrow, would I mourn for it? Yes I would. I would consider it a loss.

Of course I also see value in "femininity" in men. I believe some of the best men out there are men who embrace a certain level of femininity. Though I wouldn't go so far as to saying it should completely replace traditional masculinity.

Does anyone find my view disrespectful? If so, I would genuinely love to hear your insight.

I think your view is as respectful as you can put an idea that seems to be extremely outdated at best. I don't agree with it obviously, but can you also explain "why" you see value in traditional masculinity? I think the reason should be important here. Because, while from a completely hedonistic/materialistic viewpoint, I enjoy "masculine" men, I think "masculinity" as a societal value does not do any good to men except for forbidding them from actually being able to express themselves. 

I don't mean to say "express femininity" by saying express themselves, by the way. It is just that, from a societal viewpoint again, "feelings" are perceived as "feminine", and the forced stoicism - forced no matter what, because that's how men socialize - harms men way more than they realize. 

And as a concept I also think that masculinity is strongly tied to the sexist notion that "feminine traits are bad/weak/etc." too. You see this in societal perceptions of "strong women" and "weak men". Men who attain "feminine qualities" are perceived as lesser, whereas women who become "one of the boys" are often viewed as "cool" and "strong". 

Tyler1992

I 100% disagree with this.

I think it is far from cowardly if a man decides to express themselves by taking part in traditionally feminine norms. I believe It’s much more cowardly to hide behind the facade of societal norms for the sake of not being judged (I’m guilty of this myself).

This is rich coming from a man who played Harvey Milk… Who was married to LGBT icon Madonna, and then abused her.

SlaeUrAnus

His view of masculinity is verbally and allegedly physical abusing women.

Nene Leakes GIF

In my messy era.

M i K E Y

Girls can wear jeans and cut their hair short 
Wear shirts and boots 'cause it's okay to be a boy 
But for a boy to look like a girl is degrading 
'Cause you think that being a girl is degrading… 

Anveeroy

Masculinity, Femininity are social constructs.

END OF DISCUSSION.  

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

DiamondHeart326

Isn't this the same guy that tied madonna to a chair and tortured her? 🤣💀🤣💀 like seriously you are more little bitchcunt than man 🤷‍♂️

I mean, I don't know. I think men feel more at ease with their feminine side and show it, and that's really good. What I think is kinda sad is when masculinity is demonized. I love masculinity, raw masculinity, it's all I'm attracted to so when people try to paint it as something that's bad for you, especially if you're a woman, I find it a bit weird. It's like trying to make you feel bad for loving it, and you have to be with a feminine guy in order to be treated right. I don't think that's the reality. People are people at the end of the day. Is there an agenda to push men to be more feminine? From the woke crowd on Twitter I guess so, in movies or whatever entertainment I don't see it, although I see artists using this for clout, like Jack Harlow, people say Harry Styles but I don't think he does it for clout. We see a few wearing dresses and skirts and I think they've always wanted to do it, and now they are liberated to do it, everyone should be able to express their feminine and masculine side. The problem is when a group of people try to villify you if you don't find it attractive. Just leave people alone man

13 hours ago, Dead body said:

I never understood the concept of the words "feminine" and "masculine" to begin with, but damn, his comments are... something

There's a certain spirit to it, in the most extreme ways raw masculinity, think of Brando, feminity think of Marilyn. The bodies, and behavior are part of it more than the clothes to me, the attitude as well, there are biological factors to it as well

Pennywise
46 minutes ago, Anveeroy said:

Masculinity, Femininity are social constructs.

END OF DISCUSSION.  

TELL HA MISS THING 

ezgif-1-e9555bc401da.thumb.gif.c96c86de3

4 hours ago, Bradley said:

I feel the same way but it's a bit controversial nowadays. I love masculine men and feminine men, they are both beautiful and I think we all have a bit of both in us. Chivalry is a bit dead though, and will die probably with future generations. 

3 hours ago, Pennywise said:

I think your view is as respectful as you can put an idea that seems to be extremely outdated at best. I don't agree with it obviously, but can you also explain "why" you see value in traditional masculinity? I think the reason should be important here. Because, while from a completely hedonistic/materialistic viewpoint, I enjoy "masculine" men, I think "masculinity" as a societal value does not do any good to men except for forbidding them from actually being able to express themselves. 

I don't mean to say "express femininity" by saying express themselves, by the way. It is just that, from a societal viewpoint again, "feelings" are perceived as "feminine", and the forced stoicism - forced no matter what, because that's how men socialize - harms men way more than they realize. 

And as a concept I also think that masculinity is strongly tied to the sexist notion that "feminine traits are bad/weak/etc." too. You see this in societal perceptions of "strong women" and "weak men". Men who attain "feminine qualities" are perceived as lesser, whereas women who become "one of the boys" are often viewed as "cool" and "strong". 

It is so true. And yet my problem personally is how to adjust with this when you were born with all these ideas in your head, it is difficult. For example, I'm going to be totally honest, for me it would be a turn off if a man didn't work, doesn't make his own money and I do, and I take care of him, or that he cries too much, too sensitive and scared of everything, no courage, no independence, things like that. And then I notice, well this all stems from ideas of what a man is, but just can't help it. It'd be such a big turn off. 

Season 2 Nbc GIF by The Office

Archived