lgbt

France bans/criminalizes gay conversion therapy

Featured Posts

artdoll

Florida take notes :neyde:

♫ 👏 A-P-P-L-A-U-S-E, make it real loud 👏 ♫
  • Thanks 2
Mr Mendes

I'm a bit shocked that it took France, a very romantically and sexually liberated country, took this long to get around to this honestly. Good on them though for getting it passed! 

• Like 3
PartySick
5 minutes ago, artdoll said:

Florida take notes :neyde:

5c1153c482a4630013183352-01.jpg

And all at once, you're all I want 💚
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 15
  • Thanks 1
artdoll
1 minute ago, PartySick said:

5c1153c482a4630013183352-01.jpg

talk gretchen GIF

it's true :bradley:

♫ 👏 A-P-P-L-A-U-S-E, make it real loud 👏 ♫
  • LMAO 6
The Fame

I was so scared because of the way the forum preview cut off the "conversion therapy" part of the title. :saladga:

• Like 7
Oriane

I didn't even know we had them, they must have been a kind of more private/underground thing.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams
  • Like 1
Kitsch
2 hours ago, Oriane said:

I didn't even know we had them, they must have been a kind of more private/underground thing.

Technically, in 2021 the chamber of parliament in The Netherlands wanted to criminalise gay conversion therapy as well, even though the country is worldwide known for being tolerant towards LGBT+ persons and being the first country to legalise marriage for same-sex couples. I do have to say that lately, there’s kind of a set-back in parliament with these far-right parties gaining more power. 

majkl > kitsch
  • Like 1
Guillaume Hamon
9 hours ago, No Way Home said:

I'm a bit shocked that it took France, a very romantically and sexually liberated country, took this long to get around to this honestly. Good on them though for getting it passed! 

To be fair the ones doing these "therapies" were already condemned for harassment among other things pretty much all the time.

So much so that they weren't doing it openly anymore.

4 hours ago, Oriane said:

Yeah it's rare cases of parents looking for "help" with their gay kids then finding persons recommending them what's just supposed to be a kind of spiritual retreat but actually is a BS religious therapy to make them straight.

• Like 2