Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

LM: Gaga still can't pick songs/knows we (jokingly) 'want to kill her'

MetalHausOfJosh

Featured Posts

"The new album is highfy. It is like an assault on your mind, ears, body" :ohno:

I like that The Fame and The Fame Monster had its proper peaks and valleys, they where solid efforts.

Born This Way was like a heavy metal record, the energy was always at a 10. The concept of a "Pop" record that had the cover, message and layout of a rock album was incredible, but it was not easy listening.

I describe Born This Way the same way as she is describing ARTPOP "An assault on your mind, ears, body".

Born This Way was a great record, best pop release of 2011, and I love the majority of the songs but it came across as messy at parts. I just worry that ARTPOP (having a theme so broad, and having an album without valleys) is going to seem like a mess.

I want a true concept album from her.

I want a true concept album for her as well. I know that it'd be EPIC.

But there's no reason to "trash" ARTPOP for we don't even KNOW what it's truly going to be yet.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tiffa

• MetalHausOfJosh

• Americano

• MarkoLilMonster

I do agree that she's spending too much time on stuff that ISN'T the music.

When she broke out, she promised she'd never become a "brand" instead of a musician. Only 4 years later, she's more of a brand than any of the other pop girls.

Yeah, hate to say it, but it's pretty true. I'm with you, I'm tired of her focusing on things that aren't the music. The perfume, and now this apparent documentary that I honestly just don't really care about...one things for sure, she's changed a lot in the past 4 years. I hope she can regain the energy and momentum she had when she first came onto the scene. All we can do is hope for the best.

I've been thinking... I had a huge meltdown yesterday in the Gaga Christmas Gift thread....

I think the main reason that music today mostly SUCKS is because everything is rushed through by a "team" of "experts" that create new material with purpose and send it to the artist they represent for their vocal stamp and rush it to iTunes with little or no promo. After this process happens over a course of 7-8 years or so... everything begins to depreciate. I would blame the record labels but I can't.. I blame the rise of EDM...

I love(ed) EDM before it was cool.. I was listening to underground dubstep and producers like Tiesto and Oakenfold and DeadMau5 before it was mainstream.. and it was so different in the early 2000s ... but now Pop and EDM have like merged and its gotten so ****ty! You have producers like David Guetta and Calvin Harris who basically regurgitate their previous work into their new works and it all sounds the same.. The ease of production now is so simple that people can make top 40 radio groove in their bedroom on their laptop.. their is no true craft behind it now...

I think that Gaga has realized this .. and her producers are pushing for something more.. Born This Way was a testament to that.. trying to implement 80s stadium rock into a dance filled song... It worked for the most part but didn't quite over power the industrial sound that has been dominating-

ARTPOP isn't going to be your typical project and I think it's becoming more apparent that it will be ground breaking.. more so than Born This Way sonically. When ZEDD says 2050 I clearly think we can expect that... and that scares me a little bit for commercial appeals sake... it may take 10 years for ARTPOP to actually be recognized as something groundbreaking ( and I feel the same way with Born This Way on tracks like Highway Unicorn and Electric Chapel especially )..

So for us to get upset over a date is kind of like the guy in Titanic demanding more speed for headlines.. but they hit the iceberg as a result... moving too fast and not seeing where you are going and not being able to avoid something if you need to... ARTPOP doesn't need a deadline... If someone told Davinci he had 3 days to paint the Mona Lisa would it have been so beautiful.. idk just food for thought..

!!! Fantastic post! Really gives hope that the patience we've all been garnering (or impatience) will really hit off with ARTPOP. And I agree with the whole electro-dance mess situation on the radio; it's too easy and palatable. I'm sure Gaga and her team will give us something amazing, or at least are putting in the effort to push the radio's boundaries.

3 points in and ready for more

can't choose the songs to put on ARTPOP?

I'LL HELP YOU GAGA SEND ME EVERY SONG YOU WROTE FOR ARTPOP

one can only hope... :laughga:

Edited by thisisme

"The new album is highfy. It is like an assault on your mind, ears, body" :ohno:

I like that The Fame and The Fame Monster had its proper peaks and valleys, they where solid efforts.

Born This Way was like a heavy metal record, the energy was always at a 10. The concept of a "Pop" record that had the cover, message and layout of a rock album was incredible, but it was not easy listening.

I describe Born This Way the same way as she is describing ARTPOP "An assault on your mind, ears, body".

Born This Way was a great record, best pop release of 2011, and I love the majority of the songs but it came across as messy at parts. I just worry that ARTPOP (having a theme so broad, and having an album without valleys) is going to seem like a mess.

I want a true concept album from her.

Great description of BTW. If anything, I'd like it to have the energy and boldness of BTW, yet fix up its messiness.

-no, as much as I love BTW I don't want a BTW 2.0 :haha: -

Edited by Miel

Gosh I am so scared about ARTPOP! She has not even choosed the songs yet. I already feel that the next era will be even more rushed than BTW. Why does she release a risky album this time around? After BTW Gaga needs something safe, something to make her even bigger, something to bring the GP back!! This era HAS TO be safe. Can you imagine what will happen to her if ARTPOP underperforms like BTW? This is her chance to come back big! I am not saying that she has to do songs like Just Dance or Telephone. And I am ****ing serious. If the singles are commercial enough to become hits then OK . But I think that NOBODY will be here for another BTW. I am scared that Zedd and Madeon will ruin ARTPOP just like Garibay did with BTW. Gaga can not afford even one mistake next year! My hype is gone. I expect the worst!

But BTW as an album did pretty great? I disagree with you as a whole, but I understand the need to gain the GP back. If Gaga wants to be even more successful, it's safe to be a little safe and commercial.

I just personally don't want safe, and don't think that she needs the whole of the GP with her.

If she can't pick songs does this mean the titles we know aren't confirmed anymore?

I guess we can say they exist in some form or another, but are still in the nebulous area of release. What if some of the titles she's released never actually make the album :(

I want a true concept album for her as well. I know that it'd be EPIC.

But there's no reason to "trash" ARTPOP for we don't even KNOW what it's truly going to be yet.

I'm not trying to trash it :sweat:

I'm just worried about that one quote.

Rudz Xinc

I guess expecting the news before US leg starts is out the window :(

she haven't even chose the songs or lead single :noparty:

Look at those clowns

Yeah, hate to say it, but it's pretty true. I'm with you, I'm tired of her focusing on things that aren't the music. The perfume, and now this apparent documentary that I honestly just don't really care about...one things for sure, she's changed a lot in the past 4 years. I hope she can regain the energy and momentum she had when she first came onto the scene. All we can do is hope for the best.

it's not a documentary.. it's a movie that is being filmed and compiled by Terry... not Gaga. This film isn't interfering with her work as a musician. It's not distracting, and she's not the one doing it. She's simply just being Gaga, doing Gaga things while she's being filmed.

I know she mentioned before that she would have us choose her next single, but I don't remember the GGD poll being an official one. And let's not forget that it was her RECORD LABEL he forced her to set aside her differences and go with their choices above her own. perhaps she had EVERY INTENTION to go through with it, but her record label made the ultimate decision.

i've been reading your comments so far on this thread and from i can see, you are one the best members on this site. :kisses:

Americano

it's not a documentary.. it's a movie that is being filmed and compiled by Terry... not Gaga. This film isn't interfering with her work as a musician. It's not distracting, and she's not the one doing it. She's simply just being Gaga, doing Gaga things while she's being filmed.

And? She'll still have to promote the movie and she's working with him on it.

During the Rolling Stones concert she was even pointing at him to make sure he was filming certain parts of it with her family.