đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

celeb

Kim Kardashian responds to criticism of blackfishing

Teletubby

Featured Posts

She married a poc husband and has poc children. She wanted to wear braids because her poc daughter asked her to, or even if she chose the braids for her and her poc daughter, who cares. She is immersed in mixed race family life. I think she gets to borrow from whichever culture she wants to, including Armenian, as she raises her poc children.  I can't imagine a more racist attutude than, your poc child can wear braids, but  a white mother cannot wear braids. That's so racist, I can't even believe people are upset by her wearing braids. She seems to find dark skin attractive and I'm not going to judge.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
streamstarcrossed

This topic is exhausting now. I understand the concern that cultural appropriation poses, but I’m conflicted about what people expect the solution to be. You kinda just have to deal. You can’t expect people to not wear their hair, tan, or alter their bodies certain ways because you think it’s insensitive. Where do we even draw the line between what’s considered appropriation and people just styling themselves in a way they like? Should white people really not ever be allowed to wear braids just because they’re historically and culturally tied to Africa? I recognize there’s still a stigma around natural poc hair in professional settings, but again, just bc black ppl and other pocs may be judged harsher for how they wear their hair, does that really mean non pocs aren’t allowed to style their hair the same way?

kim girl it's bigger than a braid :laughga: she knows what she's up to and answered this in a VERY particular way to avoid really addressing it lmao like cmon girl you know that the accusations go further than braiding your hair. she's making it sound like something it isnt lmao no matter your thoughts on appropriation, girl really is avoiding the debate here and you can tell lol

coolninjaguy
6 hours ago, streamstarcrossed said:

This topic is exhausting now. I understand the concern that cultural appropriation poses, but I’m conflicted about what people expect the solution to be. You kinda just have to deal. You can’t expect people to not wear their hair, tan, or alter their bodies certain ways because you think it’s insensitive. Where do we even draw the line between what’s considered appropriation and people just styling themselves in a way they like? Should white people really not ever be allowed to wear braids just because they’re historically and culturally tied to Africa? I recognize there’s still a stigma around natural poc hair in professional settings, but again, just bc black ppl and other pocs may be judged harsher for how they wear their hair, does that really mean non pocs aren’t allowed to style their hair the same way?

i agree i feel like i used to be kinda like this and then it got exhausting and hypocritical?... especially in a society where we are quick to be SJW's but then also logon to amazon/shien/apple etc 5 minutes later and buy a bunch of clothes/things that ppl and children in 3rd world countries are slaving to make basically.

Rarely do ppl prioritize those things to advocate for over slacktivism (ex. you can't have that hair or wear that style) because the latter is much easier to do.

Some people should really get a job. Or two.

Too much time and energy on their hands.

Too many people here with moral superiority complex.

Archived