Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

House of Gucci reaches $93 million

Meat

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, DrewPa said:

has the film been released in Mainland China and other eastern territories and countries?

It won’t be released in China sadly. However the movie is coming to Japan, Taiwan, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, and other Asian countries next month.

Australia and New Zealand on New Year’s Eve.

Economy
On 12/12/2021 at 8:06 PM, Meat said:

I read somewhere that the marketing budget was $50m, so it needs to make around $125m to break even, which is very doable in my opinion.

On 12/12/2021 at 8:00 PM, hauntlikeliberace said:

Not yet! Production budget does not include marketing budget, so the movie has to earn at least 100-140 million to breakeven. But this is COVID era, so it’s really bound to not be as profitable, but it’s one of the few movies this pandemic where the financial loss is not that great.

Overall a great number imho considering it’s only been out for less than a month. A movie’s theatrical window (exclusive theatre-only period) is about 45 days before it’s available for streaming, so it still has time to earn more money. Not to mention it’s not yet playing in large markets like Japan and Italy, as well as emerging markets like my country (the Philippines).

Does grossing include the money movie theaters make from tickets in total or just the portion payed as royalties to the movie making company?

Cuz if its just general revenue in total... u gotta deduct what individual theaters make for themselves, taxes etc. The real breakeven would be many millions more if that were the case

3 minutes ago, Economy said:

Does grossing include the money movie theaters make from tickets in total or just the portion payed as royalties to the movie making company?

It includes the tickets.

but the movie hasn’t debuted in Asia/Australia/NZ yet, so it’s not that hard  to surpass the budget and make profits.

18 minutes ago, Economy said:

Cuz if its just general revenue in total... u gotta deduct what individual theaters make for themselves, taxes etc. The real breakeven would be many millions more if that were the case

$125m includes basically everything that you can think of. 

I also think that 75 million figure is inflated. The movie was shot within a few weeks in a few real life locations with no built sets for additional costs. 

Economy
7 minutes ago, Meat said:

$125m includes basically everything that you can think of. 

Ok so... it definitely needs to gross way more than that to breakeven then

30 minutes ago, Economy said:

Ok so... it definitely needs to gross way more than that to breakeven then

I mean $125m is the number that it needs to gross to break even lol. The budget is like half of that

Economy
39 minutes ago, Meat said:

I mean $125m is the number that it needs to gross to break even lol. The budget is like half of that

Didnt u say this number included everything?

2 minutes ago, Economy said:

Didnt u say this number included everything?

$75m is the budget. They spent $15m on advertising. 

Economy
1 minute ago, Meat said:

$75m is the budget. They spent $15m on advertising. 

So that takes total costs to $90M...

I suspect $120M probably still isnt enough then

4 minutes ago, Economy said:

So that takes total costs to $90M...

I suspect $120M probably still isnt enough then

It’ll reach 120m within the next week. And the movie is still not out in Australia, New Zealand and Asian countries. Add that to the streaming deal and the DVD sales, it will be making a significant profit in the end.

Economy
4 minutes ago, Meat said:

It’ll reach 120m within the next week. And the movie is still not out in Australia, New Zealand and Asian countries. Add that to the streaming deal and the DVD sales, it will be making a significant profit in the end.

Im not doubting it will make a profit

I was responding to the suggestion it already has or is about to

Since movie theaters keep a significant portion of ticket sales revenue and im sure theres taxes to be payed...

if the grossing truly includes all movie revenue (not just the portion of revenue that goes to movie making company directly) then the total grossings have to be WAY higher than the budget itself

Thats what i was getting at. Maybe double even

If the total cost was $90M im pretty sure $120M would not yield enough royalties to the makers for them to break even yet, it probably has to be more than that

Archived