đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

House of Gucci reaches $93 million

Meat

Featured Posts

The highest earning drama since 2019, both domestically and internationally :vegas: Next stop: $100m :vegas:

Side note: The movie is yet to release in Australia, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, Taiwan, Malaysia and many other places.

moonsago

I don’t know much about movie charts and box offices and all that, but I know it crossed it’s budget already, is it safe to say that it’s going to be a box office hit by the end of it’s run? 

5 minutes ago, moonsago said:

I don’t know much about movie charts and box offices and all that, but I know it crossed it’s budget already, is it safe to say that it’s going to be a box office hit by the end of it’s run? 

It needs to make around 120m (which it will) to be considered a success but for the pandemic it’s already a huge huge success. 

hauntlikeliberace
9 minutes ago, moonsago said:

Not yet! Production budget does not include marketing budget, so the movie has to earn at least 100-140 million to breakeven. But this is COVID era, so it’s really bound to not be as profitable, but it’s one of the few movies this pandemic where the financial loss is not that great.

Overall a great number imho considering it’s only been out for less than a month. A movie’s theatrical window (exclusive theatre-only period) is about 45 days before it’s available for streaming, so it still has time to earn more money. Not to mention it’s not yet playing in large markets like Japan and Italy, as well as emerging markets like my country (the Philippines).

5 minutes ago, hauntlikeliberace said:

Not yet! Production budget does not include marketing budget, so the movie has to earn at least 100-140 million to breakeven. But this is COVID era, so it’s really bound to not be as profitable, but it’s one of the few movies this pandemic where the financial loss is not that great.

Overall a great number imho considering it’s only been out for less than a month. A movie’s theatrical window (exclusive theatre-only period) is about 45 days before it’s available for streaming, so it still has time to earn more money. Not to mention it’s not yet playing in large markets like Japan and Italy, as well as emerging markets like my country (the Philippines).

I read somewhere that the marketing budget was $50m, so it needs to make around $125m to break even, which is very doable in my opinion.

hauntlikeliberace
2 minutes ago, Meat said:

I read somewhere that the marketing budget was $50m, so it needs to make around $125m to break even, which is very doable in my opinion.

They better spend the earned money for FYC campaigns, Gaga deserves it so much :oops:

Stephen
10 minutes ago, hauntlikeliberace said:

They better spend the earned money for FYC campaigns, Gaga deserves it so much :oops:

When Gaga's contract outlines built-in FYC budget regardless  :oops::vegas:

LilyLark
18 minutes ago, Meat said:

It's doubtful that they spent $50 mil on marketing if the budget was $75 mil. I mean, it's definitely possible....but they rarely are going to spend over half the budget of the film on marketing unless it's something like a comic book film or Dune.

LilyLark
27 minutes ago, hauntlikeliberace said:

Exactly. By pandemic standards, it's a success. The general rule of thumb is that it has to earn 2-2.5 x the budget to make a profit....so around 140 mil. But that just isn't happening in this day and age unless it's a comic book film or a family film...However, HOG arguably has a chance to earn 140 mil total.

That said, they make money through ancillary sources too (that's why they keep making movies even in the pandemic) so when you add that in Gucci is defn. going to turn some profit.

If it can pass the 140 million milestone then it will become profitable which is AMAZING for such a film during the pandemic. In normal circumstances I feel like this film would have pulled over 200M with ease. Either way, if this manages to hit like 140 million and then it gets sold to some big streaming network like Netflix then it will be extremely profitable for Ridley and the studeo. Very happy for them

SevenWonder

I don't know the terms, but I imagine Paramount Plus, who landed the initial streaming rights for HoG, paid a boat load for the film.

It's definitely going to turn a nice profit and, more importantly, cements Gaga as a box office juggernaut. She's getting (deservedly) much of the credit for the great numbers. 

LordByron28

Yeah don't get too bogged down about box office numbers. I'm thinking this film will land around ~$50 million domestic and ~$130-140 million global. However, physical releases, streaming deals, VOD, and/or TV deals down the road will make this a fairly profitable venture. If VOD is available, I expect those sales to spike around award show season. 

8 minutes ago, LordByron28 said:

Yeah don't get too bogged down about box office numbers. I'm thinking this film will land around ~$50 million domestic and ~$130-140 million global. However, physical releases, streaming deals, VOD, and/or TV deals down the road will make this a fairly profitable venture. If VOD is available, I expect those sales to spike around award show season. 

Yes, they are releasing the DVD and Blu-ray in March, right before the Oscars.

has the film been released in Mainland China and other eastern territories and countries?

I'm a real Fire CRRRACKERRR

Archived