• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AJRocketMan

• YUJIfushiguro

• NCgaga

• Chic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a great government, I expect no different from the same administration that kept COVID a secret and allowed it to spread without warning. The people of China deserve so much better than this

How is it ignorant, bigoted or false? The people of China are NOT their government! I’m speaking about the leadership specifically. The country of origin of COVID was China. The government knew about

A little backstory for this: The Biden Adminstation does not want to have the US assocaited in any way with the human rights issues in China- Specifically the genocide of Muslims in the western region

berlinforme

I mean, wasn't the point of the Olympics that regardless of how the countries stand to each other there's still sports and friendly competition for the athletes? Guess that has been unrealistic since 1936, but still. 

• Thanks 7

A little backstory for this: The Biden Adminstation does not want to have the US assocaited in any way with the human rights issues in China- Specifically the genocide of Muslims in the western region. Canada, Australia, Japan and others are also reconsidering their role in this olympics. China did not invite any government officials to the Olympics, except Russia’s Vladimir Putin. 

• Like 2
  • Shook 3
  • Thanks 18

What a great government, I expect no different from the same administration that kept COVID a secret and allowed it to spread without warning.

The people of China deserve so much better than this. Their leadership is frightening on a global scale, and the Chinese people deal with the brunt of their government’s control and tyranny. I feel horrible for their citizens.

Edited by Chic
  • Like 21
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 15
phillipaf
3 minutes ago, Chic said:

What a great government, I expect no different from the same administration that kept COVID a secret and allowed it to spread without warning.

What an incredibly uneducated, false and frankly terrifying comment. It‘s not only ignorant, bigoted and false; to blame a single country for this tragedy is just sad. Comments like these only further fuel already established stereotypes and unfair behaviour. Please, go read a book or two and educate yourself on human decency, love and taking care of others. You cleary lack the empathy to do that. What a horrible thing to say!

• LMAO 18
13 minutes ago, phillipaf said:

What an incredibly uneducated, false and frankly terrifying comment. It‘s not only ignorant, bigoted and false; to blame a single country for this tragedy is just sad. Comments like these only further fuel already established stereotypes and unfair behaviour. Please, go read a book or two and educate yourself on human decency, love and taking care of others. You cleary lack the empathy to do that. What a horrible thing to say!

How is it ignorant, bigoted or false? The people of China are NOT their government! I’m speaking about the leadership specifically. The country of origin of COVID was China. The government knew about it and failed to properly warn its people and the world at large. This is unacceptable for any country! And if I recall correctly, the U.S administration at the time did the same damn thing! Doesn’t matter what nation it is, the government is culpable for any death that could reasonably have been prevented by proper and advance warning. The U.S government also knew about this virus months in advance and said nothing! All to further line the pockets of Trump’s stock market buddies and broaden the divide between rich and poor in this country.

Edited by Chic
  • Like 20
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 7
phillipaf
25 minutes ago, Chic said:

How is it ignorant, bigoted or false? The people of China are NOT their government! I’m speaking about the leadership specifically. The country of origin of COVID was China. The government knew about it and failed to properly warn its people and the world at large. This is unacceptable for any country! And if I recall correctly, the U.S administration at the time did the same damn thing! Doesn’t matter what nation it is, the government is culpable for any death that could reasonably have been prevented by proper and advance warning. The U.S government also knew about this virus months in advance and said nothing! All to further line the pockets of Trump’s stock market buddies and broaden the divide between rich and poor in this country.

I really don‘t know where you get your facts from, but there is no proof that China knew of a new SARS Virus MONTHS in advance.  Neither did the US. Neither did any other country. Take that unproven speculation elsewhere. Response to a new virus is always too slow. But that‘s besides the point. Your comment had nothing to do with the topic of the thread. It was especially misplaced, because it was filled with misinformation. 

Edited by phillipaf
  • LMAO 9
4 minutes ago, phillipaf said:

I really don‘t know where you get your facts from, but there is no proof that China knew of a new SARS Virus MONTHS in advance.  Neither did the US. Neither did any other country. Take that unproven speculation elsewhere. Response to a new virus is always too slow. But that‘s besides the point. Your comment had nothing to do with the topic of the thread. It was especially misplaced, because it was filled with misinformation. 

The Trump administration was well aware of the dangers of COVID 19 in January 2020, said nothing whatsoever, and didn’t lockdown until mid-March. How is that not knowing about it months in advance??

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6
HuffsAhoy

The US needs to focus on the human rights violations in their own country first before acting high and mighty and boycotting other countries. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.
  • Like 13
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 2