MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

society

Spanish Couple Arrested After Running Away From Quarantine In Netherlands

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

Dutch military police arrested a husband and wife Sunday who had left a hotel where they were being quarantined after testing positive for COVID-19 and boarded a plane.

Local media reported that the couple were trying to fly home to Spain.

A spokeswoman for the local security authority that covers Amsterdam’s Schiphol Airport said Monday that an investigation was underway into whether the couple had committed a crime and should be prosecuted.

“Quarantine is not obligatory, but we assume people will act responsibly,” spokeswoman Petra Faber said. “But there was a couple that wanted to go home and they tried to fly home. The Royal Marechaussee took them off the plane and handed them back to the local health authority.”

When authorities heard the couple had left the hotel, the head of the local security authority, Marianne Schuurmans, quickly signed an isolation order that empowered the Marechaussee police force to detain the couple.

A total of 624 people arrived at Amsterdam’s Schiphol Airport on Friday on two flights from South Africa. Tests showed that 61 of them had COVID-19 and sequencing of samples has so far shown that at least 13 of them have the new variant.

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-health-europe-netherlands-amsterdam-c3078d60491735bfdd896ea83b68a417

:triggered:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ na gebruik vingers aan de muur afvegen (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
1 minute ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

People are tired of it

Personally I'm tired of selfish people who refuse to do their part to help stop spreading disease.

• Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 5
AnnaNicoleSmith
22 minutes ago, Dante said:

Personally I'm tired of selfish people who refuse to do their part to help stop spreading disease.

You cant stop spreading the disease, it's what we've learned. We need another solution

COOOK
37 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

we assume people will act responsibly

This translates- for ignorant, selfish people- as "do what you want, but make sure you're not seen" :partysick:

• Like 2
alsemanche
31 minutes ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

People are tired of it

too bad covid doesn't care about our feelings 

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Like 3
15 minutes ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

You cant stop spreading the disease, it's what we've learned. We need another solution

well you can, as lockdowns have shown :lmao: the reason it still spreads is cus of people who think they're above the law and don't want to follow guidelines

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, NATAH said:

well you can, as lockdowns have shown :lmao: the reason it still spreads is cus of people who think they're above the law and don't want to follow guidelines

i thought cities that were on strict lockdowns were just as affected as those ones with very lax covid rules, someone clarified this pls

1 minute ago, dojo said:

i thought cities that were on strict lockdowns were just as affected as those ones with very lax covid rules, someone clarified this pls

my country was at it's all time lowest with cases during lockdown but spiked once lockdown ended and they refuse to lockdown again :neyde:

mother, what must i do?
  • Shook 1
The Fame Monster

Because of the stupidity, selfishness, and irresponsibility of these kind of people, there’s no ending in sight for COVID-19.

I wish you all strength for facing this new peak of the pandemic. May the odds be in your favour. 

Edited by The Fame Monster
I’m a free bitch, baby
3 hours ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

You can't stop it completely, but you can mitigate it spreading further and faster.

According to the national news, the mayor of the area said that the couple was bringing a lot of nuisance. Apparently, they struggled a lot following the guidelines (they disagreed with the positive test, it was supposedly wrong) and they were a nuisance to the peace of the hotel. They were supposed to stay on their rooms but they didn’t. They said that they left after doing a negative at-home COVID-test (which are not as accurate as the ones done from the health services). They’re in court tomorrow but it is unclear what they might be prosecuted for. Due to their attempt of fleeing, the mayor has given them restrictive measurements which impacts their freedom and they’re currently in isolation in a hospital in the Northern Netherlands.

I think that this is the first time that something like this happens, during the pandemic and it has gotten some media attention. It was a dumb move from their side and now they’re most likely being prosecuted with endangering public health, which is not necessarily a good look for them.

majkl > kitsch