Jump to content

MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

news

HoG projected to open with ~$22M


Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

“House of Gucci” took in $5.73 million on Friday from 3,477 locations. The sprawling crime drama is projected to earn $21.8 million over the five-day holiday weekend.

Releases aimed at older viewers have struggled during this recent period of box office regrowth. As some pandemic restrictions have been lifted, the ticket buyers eager to return to movie theaters have trended younger. However, the same story can’t be said of “House of Gucci,” as the MGM release’s performance cements the box office appeal of Lady Gaga, three years after the resounding success of her 2018 vehicle “A Star Is Born.”

Source: 

 

 

Edited by Morphine Prince
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 15
  • Shook 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Morphine Prince changed the title to HoG projected to open with ~$22M
RAMROD

:gaycat:  that is good considering the competition is family movie. A very good one at that. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ na gebruik vingers aan de muur afvegen (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
Link to post
Share on other sites
Bonkers

Wow, a lot of people took out the trash this weekend.  :classy:

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates
Link to post
Share on other sites

wow this is AMAZING! counter screening (or w/e it is called) worked again like it did with A Star Is Born with Venom.

Families sometimes go to the cinema together and the parents leave their kids / teens in one screening while they enjoy the more mature option like what was happening with A Star Is Born and Venom. This time it is with Encanto and Gucci

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just A Holy Fool

Ridley and crew can thank Gaga for this haul… it does seem to be scoring a lot better with audiences than critics too. 87% on RT, but I have to wonder how inflated that is with LMs lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Just A Holy Fool said:

Ridley and crew can thank Gaga for this haul… it does seem to be scoring a lot better with audiences than critics too. 87% on RT, but I have to wonder how inflated that is with LMs lol.

I doubt LMs “inflated” it. For every Gaga fan there are 10 haters who downvote. Otherwise everything Gaga appears on would be 90% +

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
No Way Home
47 minutes ago, SAMSVQ said:

Now we need longevity :queenga:

This is the hardest hill the movie has to climb. It has one more week of relative silence before all hell breaks loose at the box office. West Side Story comes the week after next, then Spider-Man, then the Matrix, Sing 2, and The King's Man all arrive on the same day the week after that. It'll be okay next week, but I honestly don't think it's going to survive going toe to toe with all of those for the rest of the month.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
hpmcmill
2 hours ago, Forbidden Love said:

This is the hardest hill the movie has to climb. It has one more week of relative silence before all hell breaks loose at the box office. West Side Story comes the week after next, then Spider-Man, then the Matrix, Sing 2, and The King's Man all arrive on the same day the week after that. It'll be okay next week, but I honestly don't think it's going to survive going toe to toe with all of those for the rest of the month.

This is random, but saw an advance screening of Sing 2 last night and it was fantastic. So well done. 

  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
No Way Home
9 minutes ago, hpmcmill said:

This is random, but saw an advance screening of Sing 2 last night and it was fantastic. So well done. 

I work at a movie theater and I cannot lie, having to watch the trailer 15 times a day has made me really wanna see it. I can't tell if it's genuine interest or just stockholm syndrome at this point but I'll be seeing it! 

  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
hpmcmill
2 minutes ago, Forbidden Love said:

I work at a movie theater and I cannot lie, having to watch the trailer 15 times a day has made me really wanna see it. I can't tell if it's genuine interest or just stockholm syndrome at this point but I'll be seeing it! 

It was just engaging, hilarious, cute, solid story, heart warming, great music and visuals — A+ for a popular animated film. 

  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
RAMROD
18 minutes ago, Forbidden Love said:

I work at a movie theater and I cannot lie, having to watch the trailer 15 times a day has made me really wanna see it. I can't tell if it's genuine interest or just stockholm syndrome at this point but I'll be seeing it! 

Watch the first one before that if you haven't. :flower:

My fave character is Gunter and Ash, yes. :flower:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ na gebruik vingers aan de muur afvegen (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
Link to post
Share on other sites
RAMROD
32 minutes ago, hpmcmill said:

This is random, but saw an advance screening of Sing 2 last night and it was fantastic. So well done. 

Glad that it look like it's going to follow the success of the first one

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ na gebruik vingers aan de muur afvegen (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • YAAAS 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Forbidden Love said:

This is the hardest hill the movie has to climb. It has one more week of relative silence before all hell breaks loose at the box office. West Side Story comes the week after next, then Spider-Man, then the Matrix, Sing 2, and The King's Man all arrive on the same day the week after that. It'll be okay next week, but I honestly don't think it's going to survive going toe to toe with all of those for the rest of the month.

Even if it can earn like 50m domestic, it will still be the highest earning adult drama since the pandemic started. That’s an achievement in itself tbh.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...