💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Strong opening box office....

LilyLark

Featured Posts

LilyLark

This is very good....studios often 'low ball'  estimated box office gross, too, so they can later go "oh look, our film exceeded expectations." Granted, it's very possible this film will be front-loaded, because of monsters...but then on the flip side there is the low ball factor I mentioned. Edited: NGL I'm actually a little surprised it is doing so well (I thought it would do good, but this is more impressive than I expected).

Also, a strong box office result could really help Gaga's career. Adult oriented films are flopping right and left nowadays (likely due to COVID and streaming)...unless the films are comic book movies, remakes, etc. So for Gaga to be in one of the few exceptions....that would be a big deal. Anyway, the record for an R rated film over Thanksgiving weekend (5 days, not 3 days) is 30 mil—I low key believe HOG has a (small) chance of breaking that record.

*BTW this film was never going to beat a Disney animated movie and it will likely come in third behind Ghostbusters....so stans panicking on twitter need to chill (and stop falling for bait from people going 'lol it's flopping' due to it not topping the box office. It's an R rated, long film—it's counter-programming to the more family friendly films.

A 3hr long rated R movie did THAT! :vegas: with only 1 showing per theater (Tuesday night) afaik! My theater was 95% packed for the showing yesterday 

The only people panicking are people who don't know a thing about box office and movie industry in general. A Star Is Born never reached #1 because of Venom and in the end, outgrossed it domestically. :sweat: Between acclaim for her performance and promising box office, this is gonna be major for Gaga's future film career.

Fame IV
1 minute ago, Wixson said:

The only people panicking are people who don't know a thing about box office and movie industry in general. A Star Is Born never reached #1 because of Venom and in the end, outgrossed it domestically. :sweat: Between acclaim for her performance and promising box office, this is gonna be major for Gaga's future film career.

Gaga a music and film icon now!

A Star is Born ⭐

Ororo Munroe

can you believe she’s doing all of this? like she has such a power, such a cult status now. I really hope she can do more great movies in the future, it really looks like she enjoys being an actress - she deserves acclaim like nobody does. 

Mistress of the Elements âšĄïž

36 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

This is very good....studios often 'low ball'  estimated box office gross, too, so they can later go "oh look, our film exceeded expectations." Granted, it's very possible this film will be front-loaded, because of monsters...but then on the flip side there is the low ball factor I mentioned. NGL I'm actually a little surprised it is doing so well...I thought half the monsters already went to early screenings which do not count towards the box office lol.

Also, a strong box office result could really help Gaga's career. Adult oriented films are flopping right and left nowadays (likely due to COVID and streaming)...unless the films are comic book movies, remakes, etc. So for Gaga to be in one of the few exceptions....that would be a big deal. Anyway, the record for an R rated film over Thanksgiving weekend (5 days, not 3 days) is 30 mil—I low key believe HOG has a (small) chance of breaking that record.

*BTW this film was never going to beat a Disney animated movie and it will likely come in third behind Ghostbusters....so stans panicking on twitter need to chill (and stop falling for bait from people going 'lol it's flopping' due to it not topping the box office. It's an R rated, long film—it's counter-programming to the more family friendly films.

Early screenings do count towards the box office. Any screening that was ticketed will contribute to week 1 

13 minutes ago, Fame IV said:

Gaga a music and film icon now!

don't forget fashion icon too honey! :vegas: 

call that TRICONIC behaviour. :trollga:

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

The Box Office it's only US numbers? Like i was just thinking if it matters the numbers they will do at other countries. I just convinced my sister to come with my friends to watch the movie Friday (I'm dying here, i wanted to go tomorrow, but had to compromise with Friday :lmao:). So is it like Billboard charts that only US counts? 

Bleachella
1 hour ago, Wixson said:

ASIB actually didn't outgross Venom domestically but yes this is a decent number! I don't think anyone was expecting this to do huge business so this is a respectable start for it 

even though we are talking of the US box office, let me just add for reference that tonight the theater in Paris was FULL, and there weren’t only LMs ;)

I'm a real Fire CRRRACKERRR

1 hour ago, Magui said:

The Box Office it's only US numbers? Like i was just thinking if it matters the numbers they will do at other countries. I just convinced my sister to come with my friends to watch the movie Friday (I'm dying here, i wanted to go tomorrow, but had to compromise with Friday :lmao:). So is it like Billboard charts that only US counts? 

well the US and Canada count for the "domestic" box office numbers, but the "international" box office is quite important too! Take everyone you can lol :vegas:

Archived