💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

My Review: Haus Labs Casa Gaga

Healed My Heart

Featured Posts

Healed My Heart

My Casa Gaga products arrived yesterday! I bought the Gel-Powder All-Over Rouge (in Bellini) and the Gel-Powder Highlighter (one color) and thought I'd share my experience.

The packaging is beautiful. The boxes are shiny gold, and the white and gold product pots look expensive and chic. Inside, the powders are stamped with a Casa Gaga design that feels luxurious. I especially love the magnetic closure. It feels like a big upgrade to the standard Haus Labs packaging. I hope they'll do more packaging like this in the future!

The Highlighter is amazing. The formula is so richly pigmented, applies evenly and easily, and is very blendable. It glides onto my skin and the shimmer is gorgeous. It is only offered in one color, which is quite dark for a highlighter if you have fair skin. On me, it actually looks more like a light bronzer, so I will use it a little differently than it is intended. It's funny because I've looked for a bronzer like this but have never been able to find the right shade. Overall this product is a winner in my book!

The Rouge is a bit disappointing. Although it is marketed as the same gel-powder formulation as the highlighter, it doesn't feel the same to me. It's not as pigmented or easily blendable. When I swatched, it went on kind of streaky, and required some work to get it even. The color I got, Bellini, is called an "apricot coral." Based on the photos, I expected it to be a similar shade to Nars Orgasm (my favorite blush), but it leans a bit more red than I would like. Even as the lightest shade of the Rouge, it's quite dark on my fairer skin. Unfortunately, it also is more expensive than Nars blush ($32 vs. $30), and I don't think the formula is superior to Nars at all. It does have a really nice subtle shimmer, which I appreciate - not matte, but not glittery. It can definitely be dressed up or down.

If you ordered any Casa Gaga products, please share your experience! I am curious about the other products in the line.

She/her 💗💜💙

Archived