life

Gaga interview Sky News

Mother of Puppies

Featured Posts

pachinko
28 minutes ago, Magui said:

i can't keep up lol. 

I'm on youtube trying to watch every promo, interview, etc :spin::excited: 

Someone please make an extensive listing of promo with video links! 

elijahfan
24 minutes ago, Mother of Puppies said:

Kindness Punk - even to a murderer :ohwell: :huntyga:

I mean, literally :laughga:

I get that she needed to find compassion to embody the character, but the more she repeats that in interviews and the more I cringe. Not all hurt women kill their husbands. Some husbands are violent pieces of **** and nobody would miss them, but by all accounts, Maurizio was a pretty nice and inoffensive guy who didn't deserve what happened to him. I hope someone talks some sense into Gaga before the media start calling her a murderer-apologist, because this is getting ridiculous. God knows I love her to bits, but those answers are NOT it.

Also, how is she so confident Patrizia deeply regrets it? Girl, you didn't even meet her... She needs to stop confusing reality with her interpretation of the character.

Glamourpuss

I think Gaga is trying to show respect for the person she's playing. Not because she's a murderer apologist but because that person is still alive and has served their time. It would be crappy of Gaga to bad mouth and show blatant disrespect to the woman she was portraying, and it's also not in her nature. I think she's also trying to answer these questions with class so the real Patrizia doesn't cause a sh*tstorm. 

elijahfan
8 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

I think Gaga is trying to show respect for the person she's playing. Not because she's a murderer apologist but because that person is still alive and has served their time. It would be crappy of Gaga to bad mouth and show blatant disrespect to the woman she was portraying, and it's also not in her nature. I think she's trying to answer these questions with class so the real Patrizia doesn't cause a sh*tstorm.

She's doing more than showing respect, she's finding her excuses with theories that are purely subjective, or flat-out incorrect.

Gaga has said that she approached the role like a journalist, but I think she's actually approached it a lot like a therapist. Trying to understand the root cause of someone's actions, what life experiences led them to being the person they are, how their most base emotions are ruling them day to day. A therapist has to approach their clients from a non-judgmental space for any real work to be done, and I think that is where Gaga is coming from -- she's had a lot of therapy herself so it makes sense to me that she is the way she is. 

It really doesn't read as "murder apologist" to me personally. She says in all these same interviews that Patrizia shouldn't have done what she did. But to play a character you have to see all the shades of grey in them, as complicated as that can be.

(I have so many thoughts about this, a few years ago I served on the jury for a murder trial and it really broke my brain and the way I think about crime and punishment and justice and what killer is like and I'm just rambling at this point, but I'm just trying to say there is so much nuance here, I don't think it's right to judge Gaga and the way she speaks about it, is all)

Let's see how the movie goes about Patrizia. I'm going to be curious about how i will see her character in the movie, at the end of the day i will always think that she did an unforgivable  thing and ruin her life in the process, but i'm curious about how all of it will play out in the story that the movie will tell ... the why, how, if, etc.  

Healed My Heart
9 minutes ago, LaLa said:

Gaga has said that she approached the role like a journalist, but I think she's actually approached it a lot like a therapist. Trying to understand the root cause of someone's actions, what life experiences led them to being the person they are, how their most base emotions are ruling them day to day. A therapist has to approach their clients from a non-judgmental space for any real work to be done, and I think that is where Gaga is coming from -- she's had a lot of therapy herself so it makes sense to me that she is the way she is. 

It really doesn't read as "murder apologist" to me personally. She says in all these same interviews that Patrizia shouldn't have done what she did. But to play a character you have to see all the shades of grey in them, as complicated as that can be.

(I have so many thoughts about this, a few years ago I served on the jury for a murder trial and it really broke my brain and the way I think about crime and punishment and justice and what killer is like and I'm just rambling at this point, but I'm just trying to say there is so much nuance here, I don't think it's right to judge Gaga and the way she speaks about it, is all)

You said this so well! I was about the comment similarly. In therapy, I have learned to have empathy for everyone, because hurt people hurt people. That doesn't absolve someone like Patrizia of their actions, or mean you're okay with the things they've done. It means you see the trauma that is behind those actions and you feel compassion for the hurt and circumstances they must have been through to get them to a place where they would do such a horrible thing.

She/her 💗💜💙

elijahfan
30 minutes ago, LaLa said:

I do agree with everything you say, and I wish Gaga was as nuanced as you are in explaining her point of view. Because it is a sensitive subject about people who existed or are still alive.

I also think there’s a grey area between being a gold digger or a woman in love - by all accounts, Patrizia was a bit of both.

Mother of Puppies
2 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

I do agree with everything you say, and I wish Gaga was as nuanced as you are in explaining her point of view. Because it is a sensitive subject about people who existed or are still alive.

I also think there’s a grey area between being a gold digger or a woman in love - by all accounts, Patrizia was a bit of both.

Have you thought about the fact that they often cut those interviews? She may have said a lot more to make clear her statements, but they probably cannot show the whole thing. 

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

elijahfan
1 minute ago, Mother of Puppies said:

Have you thought about the fact that they often cut those interviews? She may have said a lot more to make clear her statements, but they probably cannot show the whole thing. 

Maybe, but I’ve also seen her repeat those same theories in other uncut interviews.

HuffsAhoy
1 hour ago, elijahfan said:

I mean, literally :laughga:

I get that she needed to find compassion to embody the character, but the more she repeats that in interviews and the more I cringe. Not all hurt women kill their husbands. Some husbands are violent pieces of **** and nobody would miss them, but by all accounts, Maurizio was a pretty nice and inoffensive guy who didn't deserve what happened to him. I hope someone talks some sense into Gaga before the media start calling her a murderer-apologist, because this is getting ridiculous. God knows I love her to bits, but those answers are NOT it.

Also, how is she so confident Patrizia deeply regrets it? Girl, you didn't even meet her... She needs to stop confusing reality with her interpretation of the character.

jasmine-masters.gif

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

23 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Yeah, I get. I wonder if it’s hard for her to articulate well because she’s so “inside it”, inside her own head and inside the character she created. 

I also think press junket interviews suck in general :laughga: same generic questions over and over, similar answers over and over... gotta appreciate the interesting tidbits we do get I guess

Archived