💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Film Critic receives threatening email from Little Monster

Sorcerer

Featured Posts

Sorcerer

This toxic behavior from fans is getting serious and it is not making the reception of the film any better. If we want Gaga to be considered for awards, we should be humble and respectful, regardless if it is a negative reaction. If the reaction came from people you might consider as OGH, just ignore them.

These are critics who actually like Gaga. Gaga has always taught us to spread kindness. Manifest it.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thatfoxyfeeling

This could be someone pretending to be a Gaga fan though? It's like they want her to get negative press and it's worked because he's shared it and now you're sharing it on here. :partysick:

Bonkers

Threatening an imaginary canceling is a pretty timid threat.  It's actually kind of cute.  Their little heart is trying to stand up for something they believe.  Bless them.  

Also cute:  considering this guy with 11K followers (follows nearly 10K) and an unverified account after 10 years who is responding to bland emails from a slightly unbalanced zoomer a legitimate critic. :oops:

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Sorcerer
2 minutes ago, thatfoxyfeeling said:

This could be someone pretending to be a Gaga fan though? It's like they want her to get negative press and it's worked because he's shared it and now you're sharing it on here. :partysick:

And what if it is an actual Gaga fan though?

We can't verify. But the best we can do right now is to not do this behavior.

Bleachella
9 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Threatening an imaginary canceling is a pretty timid threat.  It's actually kind of cute.  Their little heart is trying to stand up for something they believe.  Bless them.  

Also cute:  considering this guy has 11K followers (follows nearly 10K) and an unverified account after 10 years and is responding to bland emails from a slightly unbalanced zoomer a legitimate critic. :oops:

he's a part of the next best picture team, which is a respected critic team, as well as a member of the Hollywood critics association... it is so baffling how absolutely cynical and obnoxious some of you can be lmfao like the movie is getting mixed reviews la di da is it really going to kill you?? this fanbase's capacity for brattiness never ceases to surprise me lmfao

whether or not it's a death threat or just an obnoxious email like that, it's not cool and it's embarrassing, and quite frankly, it's hurting Gaga's chances at any sort of accolades. nobody actually takes the threats and harassment seriously, and all it does is just sour people's opinions on her and the film even more. 

Future Lovers

Not some of y'all rushing to make excuses for the person who wrote the email. It cannot be denied that the fanbase has been toxic about this whole movie for months now. Take the constant bullying of Adam Driver as a starting point and track it all the way through the Twitter monsters attacking anyone and everyone who says anything even remotely mixed or negative about the film. Whether this email is a legit monster or someone posing as one does not change the fact that the fanbase as a whole has been taking the toxicity to the next level. This one instance of maybe being illegitimate (and I for one don't think it is) does not negate the other completely legitimate examples of this kind of behavior. 

Bonkers
13 minutes ago, Bleachella said:

he's a part of the next best picture team, which is a respected critic team, as well as a member of the Hollywood critics association... it is so baffling how absolutely cynical and obnoxious some of you can be lmfao like the movie is getting mixed reviews la di da is it really going to kill you?? this fanbase's capacity for brattiness never ceases to surprise me lmfao

whether or not it's a death threat or just an obnoxious email like that, it's not cool and it's embarrassing, and quite frankly, it's hurting Gaga's chances at any sort of accolades. nobody actually takes the threats and harassment seriously, and all it does is just sour people's opinions on her and the film even more. 

if you're embarrassed for other people, it's time to get over yourself.   :vegas:

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Bonkers
23 minutes ago, Forbidden Love said:

Not some of y'all rushing to make excuses for the person who wrote the email. It cannot be denied that the fanbase has been toxic about this whole movie for months now. Take the constant bullying of Adam Driver as a starting point and track it all the way through the Twitter monsters attacking anyone and everyone who says anything even remotely mixed or negative about the film. Whether this email is a legit monster or someone posing as one does not change the fact that the fanbase as a whole has been taking the toxicity to the next level. This one instance of maybe being illegitimate (and I for one don't think it is) does not negate the other completely legitimate examples of this kind of behavior. 

Since I'm the only one who's comment you could possibly talking about it, let me condescend a few things to you.  :oops:

Calling someone cute isn't actually a defense.  The gist of my message was that it was not a threatening email, and it was obviously from a young, low IQ person who felt offended.  AKA not a big deal, and so the "critic" sharing it was equally sad.  

When people define their identity by who they stan and then feel like other people who stan the same person are a refection on them, it's just a big of who the h*ck cares.  I keep seeing these threads about this "problem" when it's just something that inevitably happens when there's criticism.  So who cares.

7UPR.gif

Serial Chiller

Insert Drake's meme here:

LMs: buying and streaming to support your fave. silent- cricket noise.

LMs: bullying and harassing people online to support your fave. Whoop de do. 

42 minutes ago, Bleachella said:

and quite frankly, it's hurting Gaga's chances at any sort of accolades. nobody actually takes the threats and harassment seriously, and all it does is just sour people's opinions on her and the film even more. 

If someone reviews a performance based on what an actor’s fans are doing then they shouldn’t be allowed to be a critic in the first place. What a random stan on the Internet does has nothing whatsoever to do with Gaga or her craft. 

CyanDante
10 minutes ago, Meat said:

If someone reviews a performance based on what an actor’s fans are doing then they shouldn’t be allowed to be a critic in the first place. What a random stan on the Internet does has nothing whatsoever to do with Gaga or her craft. 

Exactly :smh: Imagine being like lemme go and post a negative review real quick because one of her fans called me out on social media. :billie:

If that was the case, Taylor Swift wouldn't have so many albums with 8-9 scores on Metacritic. :yennefer:

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ

InTheCloset
1 hour ago, thatfoxyfeeling said:

This actually makes sense. Specially how some fan bases hate gaga and dont want her to succeed. 
but it could be LMs since they be toxic too

The abyss stares back

Bleachella
24 minutes ago, Meat said:

By accolades I meant awards, not reviews. Awards voters (especially the older, more conservative academy voters) tend to be acutely aware of narratives around a performer and having part of gaga’s narrative be her rabid fanbase that harasses anyone who doesn’t praise her isn’t going to suede them to vote for her lol. Fair? No, but it’s how the game is played. Narratives and public perception matter just as much, if not more than the quality of the performance itself when it comes to awards bodies like the Oscars. 

Oriane

"a hero is the African-American community", "one of the greatest black activists", please it has to be a troll, yes she has done things but that's a weird thing to point out (and I doubt she's considered "one of the greatest"), especially when you're trying to defend her work as an actress :toofunny:

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

FFXIV WhiteMage
10 minutes ago, Bleachella said:

By accolades I meant awards, not reviews. Awards voters (especially the older, more conservative academy voters) tend to be acutely aware of narratives around a performer and having part of gaga’s narrative be her rabid fanbase that harasses anyone who doesn’t praise her isn’t going to suede them to vote for her lol. Fair? No, but it’s how the game is played. Narratives and public perception matter just as much, if not more than the quality of the performance itself when it comes to awards bodies like the Oscars. 

But the point is even if you cut off the internet connection of all LMs in the world, it will only take a random OGH troll to get this kind of stuff. Not to mention there’s a lot of them. 

Honestly, things like this, especially if the sender is anonymous, should be labeled as troll and should automatically go to his spam folder :toofunny:

The fact that he is highlighting it means he is trying to insinuate something. It can’t possibly be the first time he got trolled online for him not to notice that this is just a random bs from a random person :saladga:

• Admin locked this topic

Archived