đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Harassment to Journalists/Critics because of HoG reviews.

ManuelColon

Featured Posts

ManuelColon
4 minutes ago, Sandrology said:

@ManuelColon I in generall agree with your opinion, that it isn't correct for a fanbase to harass people that dont agree with their negative opinion. The fans want to push their artist further but what it actually does, is shine a dark light back on the artist themself.

The title misleads, to a objective topic, unfortunately, this isn't the case. I would have prefereed this thread to stay objective without your opinion on the movie, but the issue itself. I woudn't have brought in your personal opinon against gagas acting skills just baised on other critics or the trailers so far. But I'm glad you opened up an important topic.

I don't have an opinion formed on the movie because I have not seen it, I am sharing what has been pointed out by plenty of people from the film community because it is important to have context.

I don't have an opinion "against" Gaga's acting, it is true that she does have issues and she's not a perfect actress, she still has a ton a growing up to do as an actress and that's good, it's only her second lead role and we can't expect her to be the next Katherine Hepburn.

Still, thank you for your comments and opinion✨✌🏻

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheDemonIClingTo
2 minutes ago, Fame IV said:

Well, stop caring for the damn useless RT score and enjoy the movie. People really have free time...

Heck, I like/enjoy many movies that are not loved by the critics, just check out the Unpopular Movies Thread there are some unsung gems there :ohwell:

+ harassing those people is giving their review publicity, while if nobody commented their review would just go unnoticed.

Now there are still some haters out there. Few days ago on Twitter one critic was exposed for publicly hating on Gaga since 2009 lmao

LilyLark
1 minute ago, ManuelColon said:

Absolutely! Good way of saying it, thank you ✌🏻

We are receiving a film that seems to be very flawed and that is going to reflect on final reviews and box office, we have to expect negative reviews to come its way and it's okay if there are, not everything Gaga touches is going to be a 10/10.

I sort of disagree...

Again, I doubt they would doing a million screenings for Oscar voters if it was very flawed nor do I believe major outlets in the US would be saying Gaga and Jared have a chance to be nominated. The movie is probably a 6-7 out of 10. Not everything is flawless and perfect; not everything is horrible and very flawed. I feel like stans and twitter in general-not even about Gaga, but everything-tend to view things in one extreme or another when often...stuff falls in the middle. And plenty of films with good reviews bomb at the box office and some movies with horrid reviews or mixed reviews smash at the box office, so we'll have to wait and see how it does. I generally believe it will do fairly well at the box office.

People should just enjoy the movie. Even some of the highly critical tweets said they thought the general public would like the movie.

LilyLark
Just now, Lucas said:

+ harassing those people is giving their review publicity, while if nobody commented their review would just go unnoticed.

Harassment is never okay, but there's something a little ironic about this, as you pointed out, and that some stans are fixating on like...minor critics/people who aren't well known while ignoring major outlets heaping praise on Gaga.

ManuelColon
1 minute ago, LilyLark said:

I sort of disagree...

Again, I doubt they would doing a million screenings for Oscar voters if it was very flawed nor do I believe major outlets in the US would be saying Gaga and Jared have a chance to be nominated. The movie is probably a 6-7 out of 10. Not everything is flawless and perfect; not everything is horrible and very flawed. I feel like stans and twitter in general-not even about Gaga, but everything-tend to view things in one extreme or another when often...stuff falls in the middle. And plenty of films with good reviews bomb at the box office and some movies with horrid reviews or mixed reviews smash at the box office, so we'll have to wait and see how it does. I generally believe it will do fairly well at the box office.

People should just enjoy the movie. Even some of the highly critical tweets said they thought the general public would like the movie.

Every year and every award season there are lots of "badly reviewed films" being shown to Academy members and voters, every studio have films they believe in and in some cases the films doesn't do as good as they think, so it is not a matter of if they are doing screeners and stuff, because every studio does that for their films, either good or bad.

thehanyo

Meh, I've been enjoying these OGHs parading as critics getting dragged. They deserve to be exposed for having malicious intent.

Sandrology
2 minutes ago, ManuelColon said:

I don't have an opinion formed on the movie because I have not seen it, I am sharing what has been pointed out by plenty of people from the film community because it is important to have context.

I don't have an opinion "against" Gaga's acting, it is true that she does have issues and she's not a perfect actress, she still has a ton a growing up to do as an actress and that's good, it's only her second lead role and we can't expect her to be the next Katherine Hepburn.

Still, thank you for your comments and opinion✨✌🏻

I agree, that the context is important your message just got along a bit more personal rather than profesionall. I mean this out of love, not disrespect.  "the movie is practically a mess and we knew it looked like it," 

The harassing of people with negative comments is a big issue in stan culture, I got slaughtert on here in the past for having one or two negative opinions on Gaga, even by people you would at least expect it from... My advise is to stay objective and polite, rather than provoke those hardcore-fans to harass you. Have a great day!

10 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Now there are still some haters out there. Few days ago on Twitter one critic was exposed for publicly hating on Gaga since 2009 lmao

This says it all!

ManuelColon
5 minutes ago, Sandrology said:

I agree, that the context is important your message just got along a bit more personal rather than profesionall. I mean this out of love, not disrespect.  "the movie is practically a mess and we knew it looked like it," 

The harassing of people with negative comments is a big issue in stan culture, I got slaughtert on here in the past for having one or two negative opinions on Gaga, even by people you would at least expect it from... My advise is to stay objective and polite, rather than provoke those hardcore-fans to harass you. Have a great day!

You too have a great day and I hope when the movie comes out we both end up enjoying it!

HuffsAhoy
12 minutes ago, dojo said:

Are they really harrassing them tho? I feel like we have evolve and we don't behave like that anymore.

Yeah, I don't think calling out the OGH for obvious bias is harassment :billie:

Now, when they go around and start telling people to die that's a different story. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

I agreed with you until you called the movie a mess and said other unneeded things for a person who hasn’t even seen the thing. 

MaMaMarryTheNight

It’s just like GGD :awesome:

⚔️💖 THE PAID PARTNERSHIPS CONTINUE💖⚔️

ManuelColon
4 minutes ago, Oyster said:

I agreed with you until you called the movie a mess and said other unneeded things for a person who hasn’t even seen the thing. 

Good for you.

Archived