💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Babylon vs All Too Well - Bigger Disappointment?

Blastertoyo

Featured Posts

Blastertoyo

Which fan demanded version was a bigger disappointment for you? 

Babylon (Haus Labs) - highly demanded since Bobby was told they’re using the song in Haus Labs only for it not to be the V Magazine version with the harmonies and Bowie-esque sample and instead the album vocals on the Babble On instrumental. 

All Too Well ( 10 minute version) - Fan favorite and Taylor’s own favourite, anticipated for years after Taylor revealed its existence only for the new version to clearly not have been written in 2011. Taylor essentially lying saying this version contains the original lyrics when she wasn’t writing songs that said “f*ck the patriarchy” and wouldn’t know the age of all the girls Jake would go on and date. On top of that, the “new verses” are written in folklore melodies and spliced in haphazardly, with most of the length at the end just repetitions of words from the original chorus. 

Discuss :enigma:

please enlighten me to death

VoldeLorde2

Let me just say that the first thing I did this morning was listen to All Too Well (TMV)[TV]{FTV} and I still haven’t listened to DOC…

Taylor’s passionate about this song, about this album, and Gaga sent one (1) tweet about DOC. I think that explains it

edengowon

all too well 10 minute version was incredible. literally somehow better than the original.

babylon early version was babylon early version.

the artist formerly known as melancholia

Mother of Puppies

I love Babylon Haus Labs :oops:

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

Illuminati

I'm sure the reason it sounds like she rewrote the song was because she had to polish up what was essentially just a random voice note from a jamming session.

I've seen mostly positive feedback on it and the short version, and personally after listening to the album in full those last 10 minutes felt like such a victory, what a way to close the album

I am one of the few who really enjoy the Babylon Haus Labs version but it was definitely the bigger disappointment especially paired with Bloodpops meltdown where he was basically threatening us that he could have made Gaga not release it at all.

A huge contrast from Taylor celebrating her fans' interest.

Babylon by far! The instrumental remains one of the best I've heard but the vocals on it are honestly not it and this was the most disappointed I've ever been listening to a song from an artist I love.

All Too Well TV isn't too bad imo. My only issue with it (and the whole entire album tbh) is the production sounding cheaper than Red Original and Taylor's vocals sounding less powerful

Blastertoyo
10 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

I'm sure the reason it sounds like she rewrote the song was because she had to polish up what was essentially just a random voice note from a jamming session.

I personally was waiting for the rawness of that tho, it doesn’t really make sense to me that she polished it up only for it to sound like a new version she just wrote based on the version that was released 

I was expecting like an elevated Angel Down (Work Tape) but instead I got what felt like the equivalent of Gaga changing a few words to Just Dance (Acoustic) :haroon:

please enlighten me to death

alsemanche

I'm not a fan of either songs but I haven't seen a single person complain about ATW (except a couple of people saying the f*ck the patriarchy line is out of place) so I'm guessing it wasn't really a disappointment to most people. Babylon on the other hand was heavily disappointing for many, myself included. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

RudraCNG

I just listened to ATW 10' and I really liked but yeah... there's no way she wrote that lyrics in 2011, did she really say that? I guess she just want to look like she's always been political or smth like that. But ayway, the song is really good.

Pharamon

I am sorry but those 3 people who said that Babylon is bad need to get over themselves lol, the version is literally what it was meant to be and it slaps

Archived