Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

H.O.G Reactions (Official Thread)

mamo

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Meat said:

A lot of classic movies received mixed reviews when they were released. The Godfather, The Shining.. the list goes on. At the end of the day critics are also human beings. Their taste isn’t better than anyone else lol 

I agree with your point about classic movies that got mixed reviews. But a critics taste is usually based on a high level of academic education on the subject, so they do kind of know more about the technicality of film than the average Joe, and whether it's well made etc. 

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LORD GAGA
3 hours ago, zerojk said:

Y’all always say Madonna stans are the shadiest towards Gaga but personally I’ve seen much more s**t coming from Britney stans, they always seem so pressed any time Gaga does anything

Plot twist, he is a Madge stan... his old tweets confirm it lol he got exposed on twitter. 

LORD GAGA
21 minutes ago, Puddles said:

Did you miss the part where he has hundreds of tweets about Britney dating back to 2008, and volunteered to promote Britney's bomb Crossroads in 2002 and even got a thank you note about it? Britney stans hiding behind Madonna like they hid behind Katy for years. Are you guys blind or dumb? 

You do realise... that you can be a fan of more than one artist? it's not unheard of for Madge stans to have a grudge against Gaga.

CyanDante
26 minutes ago, Puddles said:

Did you miss the part where he has hundreds of tweets about Britney dating back to 2008, and volunteered to promote Britney's bomb Crossroads in 2002 and even got a thank you note about it? Britney stans hiding behind Madonna like they hid behind Katy for years. Are you guys blind or dumb? 

I swear some of you take these stan thing too seriously. Being a stan can't be your personality. :rip:

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ

robboadam

So when are tickets going on sale for this? I have like 9 friends to buy this for and I’m getting nervous with 2 weeks to go.

2 hours ago, thehanyo said:

My final prediction is 78% RT and 89% audience.

this is so optimistic! I think the critics are going to drag this film tbh once the review embargo is lifted on the 22nd. It’s not the type of film they’d typically support. 

I’m suspecting around 65-69% critic score and a more generous  75-80% audience score. But I’m hoping you’re right! 

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

freebit

Pleased to see good reactions from BAFTA. I wish we could see the full Q&A, but I don't think we ever got any footage from the last time she went to a BAFTA screening with Bradley, just pics. 

LilyLark
8 hours ago, CyanDante said:

I swear some of you take these stan thing too seriously. Being a stan can't be your personality. :rip:

Not to mention the person everyone is discussing doesn't even write reviews for the most part. It's one thing to discuss it on here, but the people on twitter calling him a Madonna stan...cringe...just going to blow back on Gaga unfairly.

That said, as someone who follows film twitter...he IS a weird one. But it's honestly nothing to do with the fact that he stans Madonna imo  (as you said, most people don't let who they stan impact their jobs)—he's just argumentative and contrarian in general during awards season. He's also been weirdly shady about Kristen and in the past he's been shady about other actors and directors. Turning this into a "well, he hates Gaga cause he tweeted some shady **** about her music so he won't be fair to her movies" is just...not going to come across well.

LilyLark
4 hours ago, Puddles said:

Tell that to the Britney stan who has been tweeting that Britney is better than Gaga since 2008, and is now a critic campaigning for HoG to win Razzies 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

He rarely writes reviews-he's an editor. He's also contrarian and argumentative in general. Moreover, the one guy who is qualified for RT who isn't a Britney stan but has been acting weird...he's just problematic in general (again, it's not centered around Gaga). The thing is there are always going to be a handful of problematic people, but fans shouldn't give them oxygen (at least on twitter). It's only going to backfire. Literally, the WOR is like a lower tier critic at most..he's hardly a reporter/critic for Indiewire or Variety.

The good news is Vanity Fair and Variety both have Gaga in the mix, and that sort of good media will help her a lot. Plus the Wrap framed it as "the movie is divisive, but Gaga is a standout."

CyanDante
2 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Not to mention the person everyone is discussing doesn't even write reviews for the most part. It's one thing to discuss it on here, but the people on twitter calling him a Madonna stan...cringe...just going to blow back on Gaga unfairly.

That said, as someone who follows film twitter...he IS a weird one. But it's honestly nothing to do with the fact that he stans Madonna imo  (as you said, most people don't let who they stan impact their jobs)—he's just argumentative and contrarian in general during awards season. He's also been weirdly shady about Kristen and in the past he's been shady about other actors and directors. Turning this into a "well, he hates Gaga cause he tweeted some shady **** about her music so he won't be fair to her movies" is just...not going to come across well.

I don't think it's going to blow back on Gaga tbh. I feel like some people like him who are unfairly criticizing Gaga and seem to have done so throughout her career, might deserve some of the drags that LMs are doing online. :giggle:

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ

LilyLark
1 hour ago, freebit said:

Pleased to see good reactions from BAFTA. I wish we could see the full Q&A, but I don't think we ever got any footage from the last time she went to a BAFTA screening with Bradley, just pics. 

Anne Thompson disliked the film, predicted critics wouldn't like it, but also predicted it would be a hit with the general public.

Anyway, I'm bringing her up because she often is fairly good at sizing up the situation (even if she's not always right, because as of now the critics are mixed instead of negative)...and she said SAG loved Gaga and Jared. If BAFTA and SAG love it, that's a really good sign. A SAG nom almost guarantees an Oscar nom most of the time. Some other film people, though far less reliable/respected than Anne, also said the L.A. crowd ate up Gucci (I'm assuming they were talking about the SAG/AMPAS screening). David Poland also said SAG was very receptive.

Several critics and film people were basically calling it the Inherent Vice/Bombshell/Bohemian Rhapsody of the season...I could see this being a Rami situation (critics were meh, but SAG ate him up). Except in Gaga's case, the critics seem to be a lot more positive towards her than they were Rami.

LilyLark
2 minutes ago, CyanDante said:

I don't think it's going to blow back on Gaga tbh. I feel like some people like him who are unfairly criticizing Gaga and seem to have done so throughout her career, might deserve some of the drags that LMs are doing online. :giggle:

Eh, I don't know. Taylor Swift got dragged for her stans behavior. I hope you are right, though. But again, I really don't think he's going after HOG just because of Gaga...he's just weirdly argumentative and kind of mean in general.

7 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Eh, I don't know. Taylor Swift got dragged for her stans behavior. I hope you are right, though. But again, I really don't think he's going after HOG just because of Gaga...he's just weirdly argumentative and kind of mean in general.

Exposing deranged Britney stans trying to sabotage popstars who are bigger than Britney is not toxic stan behavior 

• SharkmanthaC changed the title to H.O.G Reactions (Official Thread)

Archived