💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Zara Larsson made over 1M by selling merchandise on Roblox

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Pop star Zara Larsson says she's made a seven-figure sum by selling merchandise on the video game platform Roblox.
The Swedish star offers fans in-game items like hats, eyes, backpacks and sunglasses to dress up their avatars.
With prices starting at less than £1, Larsson says it's "freaking insane" to have earned more than $1m (£740,000) since joining the platform in May.
"My jaw dropped when I heard," the star tells the BBC.

Zara first teamed up with Roblox to promote her album, Poster Girl during the pandemic.
She hosted a virtual "dance party" within the game in May, allowing fans to hang out, watch her perform, and take part in an online scavenger hunt.
They could also buy outfits, hairstyles, dance moves and a customisable Zara Larsson avatar. Prices started at 60 Robux (approximately £0.67) rising to 400 Robux (£4.95) for the star's likeness.

The merch was initially an afterthought
"I didn't really think much about it. It wasn't really the motivation for the concert. I just wanted to connect with fans."

In fact, Zara Larsson says in-game concerts and virtual merchandise could be a lifeline for musicians at a time when CD sales have crumbled, touring is uncertain, and streaming royalties aren't compensating artists fairly.

Larsson's avatar was her most expensive piece of in-game merchandise
_121428951_zara_larsson.png

https://www.roblox.com/catalog/?Keyword=zara larsson&Category=1

Zara Larsson's Rhubarb Peacock
Png

kr.jpg

The music industry expects that live streams and virtual concert experiences will continue to be a growth area, even after pandemic-related restrictions allow full-scale touring to resume.

The technology can still be rudimental - US pop star Ava Max accidentally walked her character into a pit of lava and died while performing inside Roblox last year - but the experience is improving all the time, says Roblox's global head of music, Jonathan Vlassopulos.
avalav.gif

source

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

ArtPLAUSE
2 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

US pop star Ava Max accidentally walked her character into a pit of lava and died while performing

sounds about right

avalav.gif

That's so awesome! I wonder how much Ariana made off Fortnite/if she gets some sort of %age! That's so great, also a great idea as she said for people who can't tour, streaming sucks, etc.

Teletubby
1 minute ago, weed said:

That's so awesome! I wonder how much Ariana made off Fortnite/if she gets some sort of %age!

over $20 million
Travis Scott earned $20 million and according to Forbes Ariana Grande was guaranteed to receive a large amount, since her streaming performance significantly exceeds Travis’s numbers.

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Just now, Teletubby said:

over $20 million
Travis Scott earned $20 million and according to Forbes Ariana Grande was guaranteed to receive a large amount, since her streaming performance significantly exceeds Travis’s numbers.

omgggggg wowwww mama is riche

Archived