šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Kim Petras says her upcoming album will be 'Extreme Pop'

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Detailing that it is her first album since she signed with Republic Records earlier this year, Kim Petras said:Ā "I'm very excited because I've been an independent artist this whole time, so this is my first official debut album. All those songs that I've done before this were just a warm-up."

"I feel very passionate about this album, it's everything I've ever wanted to make ā€” it's extreme pop music, which I love," she continues. "I feel like I'm now brave enough to do outrageous songs that I never thought I could do, songs that I was kind of limiting myself from."

"During theĀ pandemicĀ and during lockdown, I just reminded myself what I wanted to do, ā€” pop music, which, to me, is the ultimate escape from everything,"Ā 
source

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

high culture

ā€œIndependent artistā€ but wasnā€™t it because of a contract she said she had to work with Dr Luke?Ā :excuseu:

PropaGaga
30 minutes ago, High Culture said:

ā€œIndependent artistā€ but wasnā€™t it because of a contract she said she had to work with Dr Luke?Ā :excuseu:

No, her friend and co-producer said before that she had no deal with Luke previously. She didn't sign with him officially until this year.

Anderson123

I had no idea Dr. Luke had produced that entire Turn off the Light album. Putting his personal stuff aside, he can really change up his sound because there was a time he'd make such generic pop music for Kesha, Katy, Britney and a lot of others.

enissa11
9 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

I had no idea Dr. Luke had produced that entire Turn off the Light album. Putting his personal stuff aside, he can really change up his sound because there was a time he'd make such generic pop music for Kesha, Katy, Britney and a lot of others.

turn off the light to me is still a pretty generic pop records with the halloween seasoned costume put on.

Mad Architect of Light

moonsago

I am scared for her not gonna lie, now that she has a record deal she is not allowed to release whenever and what she wants and if she doesnā€™t ā€˜deliverā€™ money and chart wise they can easily store her away and not allow her to release anything. Itā€™s the possible nightmare of being under a record label, and I fear for her future not gonna lie becauseĀ I doubt she will ever break into the mainstream. I am not hating on her, I love her stuff, thatā€™s why I am concerned. I hope she got a good deal.Ā 

BlingNotTheMusic

Ok hun, as long as you give us more songs like "Malibu" BUT LESS AUTOTUNE PLEASEĀ :legend:

Grigio Guy

I hope itā€™s nothing like Future Starts Now.Ā :lolly:Ā The track is awful and forgettable. I never understood why record labels sign independent artists and then try to erase their authenticity.

Religion is a product to sell.

Blastertoyo
1 hour ago, Debithius said:

What's extreme pop? Like...the bubbliest of bubble pop?

She could literally just say hyperpop lolĀ 

please enlighten me to death

8 hours ago, Anderson123 said:

Luke actually focussed on Kim Petras' music and a lot of hip hop artists after he got exposed by Kesha. He produces a lot of stuff for Saweetie and Doja as well.

Archived