💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Matt Damon, Robert Downey Jr. joins Christopher Nolans next film

Queen Bitch

Featured Posts

Queen Bitch

Matt Damon and Robert Downey Jr. have joined Cillian Murphy in Oppenheimer, Christopher Nolan’s biopic on J. Robert Oppenheimer, one of the fathers of the atomic bomb.

Emily Blunt is already on board the Universal project, and with Damon and Downey now flying in, Oppenheimer has become one of the most stacked feature projects in recent memory.

Universal is calling the movie an “epic thriller that thrusts audiences into the pulse-pounding paradox of the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.”

Murphy is portraying the theoretical physicist who helped develop the atomic bomb during World War II. According to sources, Blunt is playing his wife, Katherine “Kitty” Oppenheimer.

According to sources, Damon will play Lt. Gen. Leslie Groves, the director of the Manhattan Project that created the atomic bomb.

Downey will play Lewis Strauss, the infamous Atomic Energy Commissioner who initiated hearings that questioned Oppenheimer’s loyalty to the United States and infamously had the scientist’s security revoked.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/matt-damon-robert-downey-jr-christopher-nolan-oppenheimer-1235040518/?fbclid=IwAR0N2AgXSSyE6yDgarselzzbtRdiSZmVmM2xfd6GvgutpI7j8_o8VaPRfVo

Ororo Munroe
6 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

What do you mean?:oprah:

oh, i just wish Nolan's movies were more diverse with it's casting, i understand that this film is gonna be historical-ish, but still. i think all of his films are like totally white (except for Tenet, I guess). 

Amazing cast, amazing director but i'll pass. Anything that has to do with wars is a turn off for me in movies, it's extremely boring for me (not saying it's boring in general just for me personally)

ThisBitch
Just now, Ororo Munroe said:

oh, i just wish Nolan's movies were more diverse with it's casting, i understand that this film is gonna be historical-ish, but still. i think all of his films are like totally white. 

Tenet was a step in the right direction. But I agree this were real life people, but he should cast more diverse actors in his next fiction film!

Just now, Ororo Munroe said:

oh, i just wish Nolan's movies were more diverse with it's casting, i understand that this film is gonna be historical-ish, but still. i think all of his films are like totally white. 

Maybe he has infinity with some actors that he likes who happen to be white. But just checked all his filmography and u're right, most actors are white lol it's kinda weird but in 00's that was the norm

Queen Bitch
2 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

I mean I don't see why it would be a problem for a movie like this where white people plays, well, white people. But yeah his other movies could be a bit more diverse. There was like what, 3 characters in Tenet that were POC. But I still like his movies

Ororo Munroe
4 minutes ago, ThisBitch said:

Tenet was a step in the right direction. But I agree this were real life people, but he should cast more diverse actors in his next fiction film!

yes, i think it's important and really significant for huge directors like him making blockbusters with poc leads!

4 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

Maybe he has infinity with some actors that he likes who happen to be white. But just checked all his filmography and u're right, most actors are white lol it's kinda weird but in 00's that was the norm

yeah, it's super weird when you take a look at director's filmography and every movie has like no none white actors... tim burton and thomas anderson say hi lol. 

1 minute ago, Ororo Munroe said:

yeah, it's super weird when you take a look at director's filmography and every movie has like no none white actors... tim burton and thomas anderson say hi lol. 

Not just weird but very unrealistic for the movie too!!! No one I know around me only hangs out with just white people everywhere. Just in university alone I was with someone from sri lanka, a white person, and a venezuelan. Having a mix is actually more natural than just one ethnicity when it comes to the western world but also some other places. Very odd you're right, I have a feeling Nolan didn't do it on purpose but is just the type of guy to live in a bubble and in 00's. I'd like to think so! I hope he's not blatantly racist, but the actors he chose are very good too. He could've casted Lupita Nyongo instead of Emily Blunt tho, same level and awarded. So he's not making an effort definitely

TheDemonIClingTo
20 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

Matt Damon and Robert Downey Jr. have joined Cillian Murphy in Oppenheimer, Christopher Nolan’s biopic on J. Robert Oppenheimer, one of the fathers of the atomic bomb.

Emily Blunt is already on board the Universal project, and with Damon and Downey now flying in, Oppenheimer has become one of the most stacked feature projects in recent memory.

Universal is calling the movie an “epic thriller that thrusts audiences into the pulse-pounding paradox of the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.”

Murphy is portraying the theoretical physicist who helped develop the atomic bomb during World War II. According to sources, Blunt is playing his wife, Katherine “Kitty” Oppenheimer.

According to sources, Damon will play Lt. Gen. Leslie Groves, the director of the Manhattan Project that created the atomic bomb.

Downey will play Lewis Strauss, the infamous Atomic Energy Commissioner who initiated hearings that questioned Oppenheimer’s loyalty to the United States and infamously had the scientist’s security revoked.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/matt-damon-robert-downey-jr-christopher-nolan-oppenheimer-1235040518/?fbclid=IwAR0N2AgXSSyE6yDgarselzzbtRdiSZmVmM2xfd6GvgutpI7j8_o8VaPRfVo

:triggered::saladga::ladyhaha:

Ororo Munroe
1 minute ago, KanyeWest said:

Not just weird but very unrealistic for the movie too!!! No one I know around me only hangs out with just white people everywhere. Just in university alone I was with someone from sri lanka, a white person, and a venezuelan. Having a mix is actually more natural than just one ethnicity when it comes to the western world but also some other places. Very odd you're right, I have a feeling Nolan didn't do it on purpose but is just the type of guy to live in a bubble and in 00's. I'd like to think so! I hope he's not blatantly racist, but the actors he chose are very good too. He could've casted Lupita Nyongo instead of Emily Blunt tho, same level and awarded. So he's not making an effort definitely

yes, i think you're right and most of these people just live in their bubbles. i mean look at Jordan Peele who wants to tell stories about black people, but he still casts talented white actors for great roles lol. and he's definitely not in a position when he as a black director needs to do it. 

Queen Bitch
6 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

I don't think it's fair to say he's not making an effort because he didn't cast POC to play historical white people. I totally agree that his films could be more diverse. Obviously I don't know the man and don't know how his casting process goes but I know that in his scripts he doesn't specify what skincolor the characters has to have (I've basically read all his scripts at this point) so it's must have something to do with the casting process, idk, but I definitely don't think he's actively racist or anything

2 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

I don't think it's fair to say he's not making an effort because he didn't cast POC to play historical white people. I totally agree that his films could be more diverse. Obviously I don't know the man and don't know how his casting process goes but I know that in his scripts he doesn't specify what skincolor the characters has to have (I've basically read all his scripts at this point) so it's must have something to do with the casting process, idk, but I definitely don't think he's actively racist or anything

Historical for this film makes sense all the cast are white. But for Inception could've been more diverse for example. I dont think he must be racist, racist is a big word, I have a feeling he's just the type to live in his own bubble and not even realize who he casts are mostly white

Queen Bitch
3 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

Historical for this film makes sense all the cast are white. But for Inception could've been more diverse for example. I dont think he must be racist, racist is a big word, I have a feeling he's just the type to live in his own bubble and not even realize who he casts are mostly white

I agree. As you said he most likely live in his own bubble. He does seem to me like a very old-fashioned guy, I know he doesn't even use modern technology, so yeah, definitely old-fashioned. Who knows, maybe his next fiction film will be more diverse

Archived