politics

Italian senate celebrates after bringing down LGBT+ protection bill

Featured Posts

Levine

ROME, Oct 27 - The Italian Senate voted on Wednesday to block debate over a bill that would make violence against women and LGBT+ people a hate crime, effectively killing off a proposal previously approved by the lower house of parliament.

The 315-member Senate voted by 154 to 131 to block further debate on the bill after centre-right parties said the text would curb dissenting opinions on LGBT+ issues, including those who maintain that a family requires the union of a man and a woman.

Source: https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/italian-upper-house-senate-brings-down-lgbt-protection-bill-2021-10-27/

And this is the embarrassing video of them celebrating the death of the bill

Edited by Levine
  • Sad 6
Levine

We all expected this today, but the fact that they all celebrate it hurts more than a punch in the stomach. I felt sick today after watching that video (had a little ansiety attack actually) . People on social medias are calling us with every bad name, they are literally mocking us.

But I won't leave my country because I love it. I'll do anything in my power to chance things. THEY have to change, not us!

• Like 1
Son of ARTPOP

Wow, sometimes I think Italy is that weird enigma in the centre of Southern Europe. Developed as much and even more than Spain and Portugal but at the same time it's giving me vibes of a Balkan country, wtf?! Did some winds from here blow out the common sense of the members of the Italian Senate? :noparty:

• Like 1
G U C C I

I am from the US but everything I have read recently about Italian politics sounds like what was happening in out country a few years ago with this sudden invasion of right wing conservatives hell bent on taking things back to a religious stone age.

• Like 1
Karl

Europe is going to ****, UK, France, Poland and now Italy... We used to be seen as the tolerant and forward thinking ones, yikes. 

• Like 3
TheDemonIClingTo
1 hour ago, Levine said:

ROME, Oct 27 - The Italian Senate voted on Wednesday to block debate over a bill that would make violence against women and LGBT+ people a hate crime, effectively killing off a proposal previously approved by the lower house of parliament.

The 315-member Senate voted by 154 to 131 to block further debate on the bill after centre-right parties said the text would curb dissenting opinions on LGBT+ issues, including those who maintain that a family requires the union of a man and a woman.

Source: https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/italian-upper-house-senate-brings-down-lgbt-protection-bill-2021-10-27/

And this is the embarrassing video of them celebrating the death of the bill

Go eat a d1ck, Italian Senate

littlepotter

Yeah there's something that doesn't add up here. 131 people voted against - that's nearly half. Yet everyone in the video is clapping and shouting? I'm sensing there's a lack of context. Still, fuck them for these regressive policies

mercurial era
Levine
Just now, littlepotter said:

Yeah there's something that doesn't add up here. 131 people voted against - that's nearly half. Yet everyone in the video is clapping and shouting? I'm sensing there's a lack of context. Still, **** them for these regressive policies

Those are the 154 who voted to block the debate of the bill, the ones not clapping are in the section of the person who's recording the video.

littlepotter
1 minute ago, Levine said:

Those are the 154 who voted to block the debate of the bill, the ones not clapping are in the section of the person who's recording the video.

Oh ok

mercurial era
Levine
22 minutes ago, venusinmyhead said:

Gaga, please say something. You're Italian

Even italian popstars and celebrities abandoned us, we're literally shocked. I unfollowed every italian singer who said nothing on this topic lol

• Love 1