sports

Adelaide United player Josh Cavallo has come out as gay

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Adelaide United player Josh Cavallo has come out as gay, becoming the only current top-flight male professional footballer in the world to do so.

The 21-year-old wrote on social media that he was "ready to speak about something personal that I'm finally comfortable to talk about in my life".

"I'm a footballer and I'm gay," the midfielder said in an accompanying video.
"All I want to do is play football and be treated equally."
Josh said he was tired of trying to perform at his best "and to live this double life, it's exhausting".
"It's been a journey to get to this point in my life, but I couldn't be happier with my decision to come out."
"I have been fighting with my sexuality for six years now, and I'm glad I can put that to rest."
source

• YAAAS 1
  • Love 7
thatfoxyfeeling

Proud of him, football isn't the most popular sport here in Australia it's AFL so this isn't like a premier league player in England coming out but still small steps I suppose. 

Gagaloo911

Proud of him for deciding to live his truth and tell the world!

You can tell and see how nervous he is here.

• Love 1
Peace

in a perfect world where homophobia didn't exist I bet therer would be so many players come out as Gay or Bi in Iranian football teams.