💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

ABBA confirm they will release no more new music after Voyage

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

ABBA have seemingly confirmed that their new album Voyage will be their last. 

The Swedish pop icons have reunited for their ninth album - and first in nearly 40 years - which is set to be released November 5, but according to members Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus, ABBA will not be making any more new music after Voyage is released.

Speaking to The Guardian, Benny Andersson admits that while the group left two unfinished songs off the new record, they're very unlikely to revisit them on a future project.
"This is it," he confirmed. "It has to be, you know."

When reminded, however, of ABBA's last appearance on television before their first hiatus began in 1982, both Benny and Björn seem sure that this is really it for ABBA. 
"I didn’t actually say that ‘this is it’ in 1982,” Benny said. “I never said myself that Abba was never going to happen again. But I can tell you now: this is it.”

source

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

Glamourpuss

Well they are much older now and it has been decades since they performed as a group. It seems the passion isn't there anymore and this was always supposed to be a one off project. 

Anderson123

I think it's a miracle they even got together again cuz their plans were to release just the songs Faith In You and Don't Shut Me Down so coming up with a whole album during the pandemic is quite the gift to fans.

Joaco95

I wish they keep releasing b-sides/unreleased material at least but its well know if one of them says no then they won't do anything :giveup:

Archived