Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Katy Perry is one of the best pop icons of all time

ARTPOP GAGA

Featured Posts

ARTPOP GAGA

What Katy achieved from 2008 to 2014 is incredible. Hits after hits after hits. She is the epitome of a pop star: she has the beauty, the catchy hits, the music videos, the looks. Teenage Dream scored 5 consecutive #1 singles. She is also known for her wonderful sense of humor.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bambino
4 minutes ago, HiddenWeirdo said:

Write in past tense and I fully agree

He literally specified a time period :flop:

Ghost Face
9 minutes ago, ARTPOP GAGA said:

What Katy achieved from 2008 to 2014 is incredible. Hits after hits after hits. She is the epitome of a pop star: she has the beauty, the catchy hits, the music videos, the looks. Teenage Dream scored 5 consecutive #1 singles. She is also known for her wonderful sense of humor.

Katy did fit perfecy in that what pop was back in the days and she reached a huge amount of (teenage) people.

The thing is that her audience is getting older and Katy never fully seemd evoveld, music-wise.

It's an honor.

I'd say she got lucky to work with Dr Luke at his peak, and lucky that her label paid for her to use the Kathy Keen looks. She isn't really the reason of her success imo

RAMROD

It's not her, it's Dr. Luke's beats. Look where she is now, now that she doesn't use him anymore out of fear of getting cancelled. Sorry to say, y'all won't like to hear this, but it is what it is. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

RenegAde

She has nothing to prove , she'll go down as one of the best selling artist of all time and you don't have to be a fan to admit that 

TheDemonIClingTo
3 minutes ago, Oyster said:

Her music is so boring though 

I don't think she kissed a girl either, let alone liked it

Anderson123

She is an icon, she truly dominated the pop scene back then. I’ve never been a fan of her but there are a couple of songs I liked (ET, The One That Got Away, Teenage Dream, Cry about it later). 

I avoided listening to her because most of her singles were so annoying (Roar, Last Friday Night, This is how we do, Birthday, California Gurls, etc.) so whenever she took breaks I felt relieved.

Katy is a nice person but she was lucky to have a great team (Dr. Luke among them) that really knew how to make her a mega popstar. 

enissa11

sure she is a pop icon, imo not one of the best, but actually one of the worst, selling and that stuff doesn't make her the best, but the way everyone would look back and remember her, how would we remember katy perry? what's her legacy??? ...

Mad Architect of Light

Mother of Puppies

I agree :heart: 

I guess people as "popstars" have an "expiry date". I don't think it has to do with their producers, but with the industry that changes and the fans grow older with the popstars & they're less interested in that... and less involved.

It sounds cruel, but with new generations there will be new younger role models and pop stars people look up to. It's normal.

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

Archived