💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

J Balvin & Tokischa’s 'Perra' video removed from YouTube

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

On Sunday, 'Perra'  music video was removed from Balvin’s YouTube channel. Neither Balvin nor Tokischa have released an official statement.

The removal of the music video also came less than a week after Colombia’s vice president and chancellor Marta Lucía Ramírez said the visual was “sexist, racist, machista, and misogynistic."

The chorus of track says: “I am a female dog in heat/ I'm looking for a dog to hit it/ Hey, you're a hot dog in heat/ And you are looking for a dog to hit it,” the raunchy street-slang lyrics describe two people who desire each other.

In his video, the artist uses images of women and people of Afro-descendants - population groups with special constitutional protection - whom he presents with dog ears,” Marta Lucía Ramírez wrote in an open letter published on Oct. 11.
"In addition, while walking, the singer carries two Afro-descendant women tied with neck chains and crawling on the floor like animals or slaves. As if this were not enough, the lyrics of the song have direct and openly sexist, racist, machista, and misogynistic expressions that violate the rights of women, comparing them to an animal that must be dominated and mistreated."

In the letter, she publicly encouraged Balvin and the music industry to sign a petition that “includes various commitments for the promotion of women's rights in music and prevention of violence against them.”

source

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Teletubby
7 minutes ago, thatfoxyfeeling said:

I tell you what @Teletubbyyou love posting a new topic don’t ya. 

How did you figure it out, detective?
pokemon-detective-pikachu-pikachu.gif

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

LateToCult

On top of that I’m pretty sure he slipped in a line about not getting vaxxed. The song is literal garbage. 

RAMROD

I heard that words a lot when we used to go to the club. Some latin hennies would say that to their friends, "¡Oi, perra! (Sentence here)!!" :billie:

But maybe this songs have differrnt connotations of the words 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

StrawberryBlond

An alternate channel uploaded it so I watched it and was disgusted, both visually and aurally. The use of dog ears and faces on these people isn't only racist and dehumanising, it also had an overwhelmingly sinister, demonic quality about it, both in image and sound. I totally get why some people say the modern music industry is satanic after watching this, it was just all-round bad vibes. I'm all for a raunchy song and a controversial video and this isn't even the first time I've heard similar lyrics and visuals but there is a line to be drawn and this is it. I don't know who the female singer is or how well-known she is but she clearly seems like a local artist trying to make a name for herself and it's sad to see how women feel they have to degrade themselves like this to get ahead. You'd never see a man prepared to be so sexually submissive in song against a bigger female name. Maybe the involvement of Colombia's politicians is a bit much but maybe it's issue taken with those at the top that will really send the message that this stuff isn't ok.

Archived