💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why do people think Gaga doesn't like pop music anymore?

Chromatica Island

Featured Posts

Big Reputation

Maybe cause people think she’s realized the truth that pop music sucks 

When it’s dark outside you’re always the light

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She barely put any visible effort on Chromatica. It doesn't cost much to start an instagram live and sing some of the songs of your newly released album, but nope

She practically threw Chromatica in the gutter, an album with a whole theme and universe was completely scrapped/ditched save for the the 911 music video surprise drop (which happens to be the most experimental thing she's done in forever).

Also, Chromatica (my favorite album of hers perhaps) is quite a safe album. Compared to all of her previous albums there is barely a hint of experimentation or pushing the envelope. I think fans who think she doesn't like pop are a bit dramatic (understandably), but I do think she doesn't have the passion or the drive for it anymore. The many missed opportunities speak for themselves, and her silence regarding the album is louder than anything she's done to promote it.

*my personal opinion* I think Gaga is in a very safe, secluded and protected bubble. The things you can come up with in that sense are finite. A change of pace could do the trick.

NichuuB
1 hour ago, PartySick said:

If I had one wish, it'd be that she never makes another dance pop album again :billie:

PartySick? More like PartySycho:partysick:

Property of @Whale

Tom Nook

I think it’s apple to oranges when comparing Chromatica to Love 4 Sale, one came on the eve of a global pandemic and whereas the other came out as society has tried to adapt. 

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

Chromatica Island
1 minute ago, Steven said:

I love jazzy Gaga but imagine if she never goes back to pop music :smh:

I would unstan:ladyhaha:

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

3 hours ago, LDGA said:

How can someone think that when she released a full pop album last year?  

This in fact may be one of the reasons that proves op is right

just look how she ignored it and payed it dust

Just think that Love for sale has had more live performances than Chromatica 

Chromatica Island
3 minutes ago, zerojk said:

This in fact may be one of the reasons that proves op is right

just look how she ignored it and payed it dust

Just think that Love for sale has had more live performances than Chromatica 

So I'm the OP, my post is directed at the people who say she doesn't like pop music anymore, please don't put words in my mouth that I never said, not trying to be rude btw :spin: 

Chromatica Island

I had to edit the topic because people are thinking I'm saying she doesn't enjoy pop music anymore

50 minutes ago, Monsterabriel said:

So I'm the OP, my post is directed at the people who say she doesn't like pop music anymore, please don't put words in my mouth that I never said, not trying to be rude btw :spin: 

No problem, sorry if I misunderstood

as much as i want to believe she enjoys it as much as jazz, her actions sometimes make it really hard to believe :(, thats just my 2 cents, of course i became a fan because of PopGa

i think she will explore more genres as well, and i totally see her releasing a pop album again in the future

Chromatica Island
1 minute ago, zerojk said:

No problem, sorry if I misunderstood

as much as i want to believe she enjoys it as much as jazz, her actions sometimes make it really hard to believe :(, thats just my 2 cents, of course i became a fan because of PopGa

i think she will explore more genres as well, and i totally see her releasing a pop album again in the future

Yeah, I'm a hardcore Pop, EDM and House music fan, so I hope she does more of that genre too, plus keep in mind she did L4S for Tony, so this is super special to her and him, so obviously she wants to enjoy it!

I think how much the LFS era matters to Gaga is severely underrated here. I think she'd never forgive herself if she didn't do everything she possibly can for Tony before he passes. Did you see the way she looked at him when he praised her in that video? I hate to think about how much that's gonna hurt her when he passes. I have a feeling she's trying to honor him the best she can by putting her all behind LFS so she won't have any regrets when Tony does go. That's why she's so motivated for LFS, beyond just enjoying jazz music more than pop.  

"back to you, f*cker"

BARKDANGER

I still think she likes pop music. But within pop music comes, more promo, spotlight, choreography, back up singers and tracks, and a lot more effort to be and stay in the GP radar. 

With Jazz, she is able to just sing. Choreo isn’t necessary, back tacks/ singers doesn’t matter
with Jazz, unlike pop, she can live, sing, and preform in the moment without having to remember and be cautious of other things like dancing, background tracks, etc. 

“I’m on the edge of glory
”

Archived