đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Adele: 70k first week (prediction)

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

Christopher Rolas
Just now, Christopher Rolas said:

Shallow is not a boring song at all. At least me I was thinking that probably it wasn't going be a hit because of the promotion, the only strong promotion was the  movie which wasn't exactly the most watched movie of the year. Of course the Oscars performance happened and then it went number one. 

Maestro play me your symphony I will listen to anything Take me on a trip DJ free my mind

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VasilisVas

I don’t follow charts or streaming and don’t know how it works, but wish Adele luck. I think her new song is lame and expected so much more. I am hoping the rest of the album will be better. After hearing the new song, I started streaming Hello even more because it’s such an amazing song and was hoping for something on that level for the new song. 

mwjuell91

How can people say shes flopping in one thread while in the other thread she has the highest single day streams of all time? Make it make sense

thehanyo
1 hour ago, mwjuell91 said:

How can people say shes flopping in one thread while in the other thread she has the highest single day streams of all time? Make it make sense

This thread is about sales, which are underperforming for a song that broke streaming records. Hope that helps.

Tbh I could see a similar thing happening to Adele that happened to Gaga w ARTPOP, where people will say her album "flopped" only because it didn't do as well as the previous.. even if it will actually do fine

Economy
22 hours ago, POPLOVER said:

Wait what? If she does only 100k, she's doing 35 millions on spotify?

It takes many streams to count as 1 sale

Makes sense... it takes many streams to make the equivalent revenue of 1 sale... and also if ppl listen to the song 10 times in a week you cant count 10 sales...

However what many ppl dont get is that with streams the SPS sales get stretched out over a longer period of time and are less front loaded. The overall selling factor of singles and albums hasnt dropped as significantly as opening week numbers would suggest if u compare it that way

mwjuell91
33 minutes ago, thehanyo said:
36 minutes ago, thehanyo said:

This thread is about sales, which are underperforming for a song that broke streaming records. Hope that helps.

But isn’t it obvious that’s because of changed listening patterns of her audience? Or am I missing something. To say it’s flopping is just... 

jacs vs looser
21 hours ago, PlasticHo said:

When does the week close? Was it last night? So this would be roughly 6 hours of sales? 

I'm under the impression that you're correct, and if so this should be in the OP/title as it basically changes everything.

JusKeepBreathin

This is for a few hours on Thursday. I think.

The Little Mermaid Ursula GIF

This site did the same thing to Rihanna in 2016. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

PlasticHo
1 hour ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

This is for a few hours on Thursday. I think.

The Little Mermaid Ursula GIF

This site did the same thing to Rihanna in 2016. 

They love to do it! Adele don't care about charts (even if her stans do lol). She released this in a new music week in the UK for her home fans. So no surprise on the US debut here. Next week will be #1 anyway.

Chlorine Sevigny
23 hours ago, CameltoeKween said:

Y’all are so gross and toxic :oprah:

She’s already got nearly 30 million views on YouTube in less than 24 hours.

Adele is not flopping, and people love the song. The negativity bubble here on GGD is hilarious :billie:

People sound bitter. :awkney:

3 hours ago, Ivy said:

Tbh I could see a similar thing happening to Adele that happened to Gaga w ARTPOP, where people will say her album "flopped" only because it didn't do as well as the previous.. even if it will actually do fine

imagine comparing ARTPOP to a song that just debuted with a record breaking 20m streams on the first day. the delusion :rip:

Archived