Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

wich songs were CULTURE RESETS?

Dojo

Featured Posts

salty like sodium
1 minute ago, PussOfYonce said:

might as well add all of self titled :reductive:

Self-titled's impact was more in terms of the marketing and visuals of it rather than the music, imo, no ? Same with Lemonade ... To me, both are cultural resets, but none of the SONGS from those can claim that prize on their own, sadly :/

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cello

@brizoda Sex Pistols for sure!! I was going to mention them but I wasn't sure how known they are outside of the UK

she/her

1 minute ago, salty like sodium said:

Oh, yes. Definitely the Like a Virgin VMA performance was a reset. But also Like A Prayer, Erotica, Justify My Love. Again, so many cultural resets. Even Frozen/Ray of Light. :oops:

Also, what about I Will Always Love You by Whitney? It's the first real successful case of a popstar becoming a blockbuster actress and is how we got Shallow etc.?

Weren't all of Major Lazer's songs before Lean On already doing that genre though ... ?

1 minute ago, NeonSkeleton said:

Yep, Like a Virgin is the one.

Anything with a paragraph like this on its Wikipedia deserves a spot on the list: "Like a Virgin" has been covered by a number of artists and has appeared in or been referenced in feature films such as Reservoir Dogs, Moulin Rouge! and Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason. On the other hand, Madonna's public persona of an indomitable, sexually unashamed, supremely confident woman was widely accepted by the younger generation who emulated her style and fashion. Scholars have credited "Like a Virgin" as the song which cemented her position as a pop culture icon.

i am so happy that we came to a conclusion about Medoner, she is defintely missing. Like a virging then.

BTW @brizoda GASOLINA was a cultural impact! you are right, also Dr Dre, The Beatles, Daft Punk DEFINETELY, and the SUGARHILL GANG, ICONIC!!

Just now, Blastertoyo said:

0 explanation required 

we still need a closure on the tropical trap trend of the mid 10s!

Just now, Magui said:

added!

PussOfYonce
3 minutes ago, salty like sodium said:

Self-titled's impact was more in terms of the marketing and visuals of it rather than the music, imo, no ? Same with Lemonade ... To me, both are cultural resets, but none of the SONGS from those can claim that prize on their own, sadly :/

tbh i dont think its sadly, she's an artist that creates whole pieces of art, an album artist, and she is a very successful album artist at that.

✨ puthy tight, puthy clean, puthy fresh ✨

One More Time byt Daft Punk becomes officially the first song of the 2000s, it was released in 2000.

Blastertoyo
1 minute ago, dojo said:

we still need a closure on the tropical trap trend of the mid 10s!

2 minutes ago, Magui said:

Kygo is responsible for tropical house

then it evolved into the lean on sound 

And then Purpose 

please enlighten me to death

Blastertoyo
1 minute ago, dojo said:

One More Time byt Daft Punk becomes officially the first song of the 2000s, it was released in 2000.

Just now, Blastertoyo said:

Kygo is responsible for tropical house

then it evolved into the lean on sound 

And then Purpose 

yeah just like Robyn was responsible for Britney and backstreets sound but that doesnt mean she was the one behind the ACTUAL culture reset

NichuuB

So... about the tropical house... it seems that it was... Justin Bieber:triggered: with what doyou mean. Even tho i think it was Cheerleader

Property of @Whale

Blastertoyo
Just now, NicoB said:

So... about the tropical house... it seems that it was... Justin Bieber:triggered: with what doyou mean. Even tho i think it was Cheerleader

That just sounds like Kygo

Just now, dojo said:

yeah just like Robyn was responsible for Britney and backstreets sound but that doesnt mean she was the one behind the ACTUAL culture reset

Yes but kygo was the spearhead of the Spotify playlists for tropical house where the movement came from 

Archived