Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

wich songs were CULTURE RESETS?

Dojo

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, NicoB said:

Also, who was responsible for the tropical house and trap? Regaeton definitely was due to despacito (even tho i hate this music)

yes, that what i was asking dolls, it was defintely LEAN ON the one that rocketed tropical house!

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
salty like sodium
Just now, PussOfYonce said:

thats true they did "flop" (in quotation marks cause run the world got 400 million streams and flawless (both versions) have collectively 200 million)

but yeah although they flopped they def had impact

Yeah but I think the songs that are on this list had a much stronger impact on the entire culture. They defined how entire generations think of, consume and produce music, not just industry insiders. Like songs like Donna Summer's "I Feel Love" really did change the entire music industry forever.

1 minute ago, dojo said:

how do we feel about latin songs that exploded worldwide like Despacito, Bailando or Living La Vida Loca?

All come from Macarena, no? I suppose maybe Shakira with Whenever Wherever could count as she probably brought Latin pop into the mainstream - with her hips  that don't lie-?

3 minutes ago, dojo said:

i just feel like she have bops and a lot of success but apart from her controversies she doesn't bring anything new!

is there an iconic fact fro her discography apart from sampling abba? ray of light or like a prayer were culture resets?

:messga::messga::messga::messga::messga::messga: The entirety of Madonna's career is about bringing something new :messga::messga::messga::messga::messga::messga::messga::messga::messga::messga::messga::messga::messga::messga::messga::messga::messga::messga: Seriously? She literally invented what it meant to be a female popstar. Without her debut album, we wouldn't have anyone, from Gaga to Taylor Swift to Beyoncé to Katy Perry to even Billie Eilish, all of them are walking in the footsteps of Madonna. She invented the female popstar template, she reinvented the arena tour. Her song Like A Prayer created a huge controversy for mixing religion, politics and music, and got her music boycotted by the actual VATICAN, like how many artists in the world can claim they have been boycotted by the Pope? Her entire career has been built on breaking barriers and trying new things, her debut single was definitely a new sound for music, Like A Prayer redefined what it meant to make political art. Each of her albums from 1980 to 2005 can be argued as having reset culture in some way, from bringing sex to the forefront of (female) pop music to making new genres popular etc. :messga:

1 minute ago, Cello said:

I don't know enough about Madonna's music to suggest a particular song that sums up her influence. But for her impact on feminism and sexual liberation, maybe Justify My Love or Human Nature. 

We really need a serious conversation about Madonna.

Maybe like a virgin? was that performance along with the song a culture reset?

Agunimon
1 minute ago, dojo said:

her best song is

i fear

PussOfYonce
1 minute ago, salty like sodium said:

Yeah but I think the songs that are on this list had a much stronger impact on the entire culture. They defined how entire generations think of, consume and produce music, not just industry insiders. Like songs like Donna Summer's "I Feel Love" really did change the entire music industry forever.

might as well add all of self titled :reductive:

✹ puthy tight, puthy clean, puthy fresh ✹

salty like sodium
Just now, dojo said:

Oh, yes. Definitely the Like a Virgin VMA performance was a reset. But also Like A Prayer, Erotica, Justify My Love. Again, so many cultural resets. Even Frozen/Ray of Light. :oops:

Also, what about I Will Always Love You by Whitney? It's the first real successful case of a popstar becoming a blockbuster actress and is how we got Shallow etc.?

1 minute ago, dojo said:

yes, that what i was asking dolls, it was defintely LEAN ON the one that rocketed tropical house!

Weren't all of Major Lazer's songs before Lean On already doing that genre though ... ?

Blastertoyo
3 minutes ago, dojo said:

Technically no it was kygo 

please enlighten me to death

Cruelty
2 minutes ago, dojo said:

Yep, Like a Virgin is the one.

Anything with a paragraph like this on its Wikipedia deserves a spot on the list: "Like a Virgin" has been covered by a number of artists and has appeared in or been referenced in feature films such as Reservoir Dogs, Moulin Rouge! and Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason. On the other hand, Madonna's public persona of an indomitable, sexually unashamed, supremely confident woman was widely accepted by the younger generation who emulated her style and fashion. Scholars have credited "Like a Virgin" as the song which cemented her position as a pop culture icon.

NichuuB
1 minute ago, dojo said:

Wild Side ADDEDT!

She DESTROYEDT the culture and than REINVENTEDT and REBUILDT from the ground when releasing it:firega:

Property of @Whale

Archived