Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
movie

Transgender actress Jamie Clayton is the new 'Pinhead'

djBuffoon

Featured Posts

djBuffoon

Jamie Clayton will play Pinhead in Spyglass and Hulu’s upcoming reboot and re-imagining of the “Hellraiser” franchise. The announcement confirms reports that Pinhead, the demonic creature at the center of the mayhem in the original films, will be portrayed by a woman.

I expect to see some horror fans get up in arms about this BUT this is tremendously exciting, and a great boon for the transgender community. Not to mention, it more closely follows the character description for this characters as Clive Barker wrote them in his novella. My excitement for this reboot just went up.

Hellraiser-1280x640.jpg

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/hellraiser-reboot-unveils-full-cast-170049727.html

Chromatican

Oh wow this is great. This and Indya Moore getting cast in Aquaman 2 means that transgender actors are getting real chances in Hollywood now not just behind the camera. 

Esteban

I watched Hellraiser one month ago because I knew it's a classic but what I saw was unexpectedly bad, I guess I should have smoke more :air: So I'm curious to see this reboot, also because I like Jamie

djBuffoon
2 minutes ago, Esteban said:

I watched Hellraiser one month ago because I knew it's a classic but what I saw was unexpectedly bad, I guess I should have smoke more :air: So I'm curious to see this reboot, also because I like Jamie

Interesting, I showed it to my sister and her boyfriend, and they loved it. It holds up for me, but certainly isn't for everyone. (Although, yes, more smoke could only help. :poot:)

Babba the Hutt

That's great news!! So happy for her and I believe she will do a great job with the character.

Esteban

11 minutes ago, djBuffoon said:

Interesting, I showed it to my sister and her boyfriend, and they loved it. It holds up for me, but certainly isn't for everyone. (Although, yes, more smoke could only help. :poot:)

But I loooved the look and facial expressions of the main actress :giveup:

200.gif

djBuffoon
10 minutes ago, Esteban said:

But I loooved the look and facial expressions of the main actress :giveup:

200.gif

Julia is the best part, for sure. There's even more of her in Hellraiser II:party:

Hyperobject
40 minutes ago, djBuffoon said:

Not to mention, it more closely follows the character description for this characters as Clive Barker wrote them in his novella.

i didn't know that! can you, please, tell more about it? i'm not sure where to find these descriptions. :poot:

ItWasntLaauv

YEEEEESSS I LOVE HER!!!! Her on Sense8 and The L Word Generation Q is just flawless. I wouldn’t have expected this casting, which makes this more exciting. Also side note, she is so gorgeous, her smile alone could bring world peace, she has amazing teeth lol.

Hyperobject
30 minutes ago, Esteban said:

is it me or retro horrors are way too overhyped? like i understand that this is classic and everything, but a lot of iconic movies are just... mm, bad? but I absolutely loved Hellraiser tho. :selena:

I just feel like some remakes not even THAT bad like people want them to be. for example, i find Friday 13th 00s remake to be really cool. 

djBuffoon
3 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

i didn't know that! can you, please, tell more about it? i'm not sure where to find these descriptions. :poot:

Of course! 

While retaining his signature grid with iron pins jabbed at the intersections, in the novella the grid is described as being tattooed rather then sliced on. Likewise, Pinhead's tongue is similarly decorated. Probably the most significant change is the fact that while in the movie series Pinhead is male, in the novella he is a gender ambiguous being, the clothing covering up his sexual organs. Also of note is the fact that while Pinhead bares a deep and eloquent masculine voice in the movies the novella's version has a breathy light voice, compared to that of a little girl.

https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/Hell_Priest

djBuffoon
5 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

is it me or retro horrors are way too overhyped? like i understand that this is classic and everything, but a lot of iconic movies are just... mm, bad? but I absolutely loved Hellraiser tho. :selena:

I just feel like some remakes not even THAT bad like people want them to be. for example, i find Friday 13th 00s remake to be really cool. 

It depends which ones we're talking about. I can't find many reasons to recommend the original Night of the Living Dead, but I respect its place in horror history, and some other classics that just don't do it for me. It's best to look at each film in its proper historical context, to see why it became a classic in the first place.

On the other hand, there's plenty of lesser known films from the same eras which deserve more notice these days.

Hyperobject
1 minute ago, djBuffoon said:

Of course! 

While retaining his signature grid with iron pins jabbed at the intersections, in the novella the grid is described as being tattooed rather then sliced on. Likewise, Pinhead's tongue is similarly decorated. Probably the most significant change is the fact that while in the movie series Pinhead is male, in the novella he is a gender ambiguous being, the clothing covering up his sexual organs. Also of note is the fact that while Pinhead bares a deep and eloquent masculine voice in the movies the novella's version has a breathy light voice, compared to that of a little girl.

https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/Hell_Priest

thank you so much!

i already can hear horror fans complain about casting without even knowing how accurate it actually can be. 

Archived