celeb

Billie Eilish speaks out against Texas abortion law

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Mother of Puppies

I really can't believe that this is happening in the US :triggered:

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

Cello

It is so sad what's happening.. Good on Billie for always speaking out about things like this

she/her | The Fame Monster stan ✝️

Economy

She didnt wanna do a show to punish the place? Im sure the law makers care...

I dont like how misdirected anger gets lately. Ppl are always generalized into groups and then get on the receiving end of criticism and judgement based on that. 

Wheres the individual anymore? 

Its great Billie speaks her mind for issues but dont word it in a way to make the fans attending the show somehow feel like they are the ones deserving shame or her anger just cuz they are from Texas :duck:

Morphine Prince
14 minutes ago, Economy said:

I dont like how misdirected anger gets lately. Ppl are always generalized into groups and then get on the receiving end of criticism and judgement based on that. 

Its great Billie speaks her mind for issues but dont word it in a way to make the fans attending the show somehow feel like they are the ones deserving shame or her anger just cuz they are from Texas :duck:

She literally said “you guys are the victims” 

It’s literally the same as what Gaga said 11 years ago on another issue: 

Healed My Heart
22 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

I f*cking love her so much

She/her 💗💜💙

Chromatography
34 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

11 years ago...jeez

She’s so great. I need more musicians to speak out when they come here to Texas. I went to Harry Styles the other day and he didn’t explicitly speak out on the issue, but he did say that everyone should have control over their bodies. 

Economy
1 hour ago, Morphine Prince said:

But she also said she didnt wanna do the show as well...

Also just cuz Gaga said...

Daenerys
2 hours ago, Economy said:

A genuine question because you’re really knowledgeable in a lot of things from what I see on here. 

Why would Billie not attending not matter to law makers? At the end of the day doesnt she pay venue fees that come with state taxes? Wouldn’t that boost the state economy from the amount of people traveling to and paying sales tax on whatever they spend there? All of that goes into the politician pockets in some way shape or form. I know states gain money regardless of what happens but wouldn’t that potential loss from touring acts worry them in some way? Because other artists can follow in those foot steps. 

Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen

Ziggy
2 hours ago, Economy said:

I mean...lawmakers should care LOL these festivals need to bring in tourism dollars, they need to bring in the state revenue. Without huge relevant acts like her they’re not getting those dollars and that hurts them in the end.

Economy
41 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

A genuine question because you’re really knowledgeable in a lot of things from what I see on here. 

Why would Billie not attending not matter to law makers? At the end of the day doesnt she pay venue fees that come with state taxes? Wouldn’t that boost the state economy from the amount of people traveling to and paying sales tax on whatever they spend there? All of that goes into the politician pockets in some way shape or form. I know states gain money regardless of what happens but wouldn’t that potential loss from touring acts worry them in some way? Because other artists can follow in those foot steps. 

I suppose so but its really a drop in the bucket given the size of economies like Texas and the size of Government budgets. They probably will barely bat an eye for it

Ur still punishing fans 1000X more than politicians

It would probably be a lot more effective to use her platform at direct attacks to the ones making the laws than to protest by not making a show which again makes the fans be the ones to take the biggest brunt of the message not the politicians

But she may have figured that out as she ended up not cancelling

Also lets be honest, just about every government has stuff worth cancelling for. It may be stuff that gets less attention cuz it may be less political but not any less serious

Rat Boy
1 minute ago, Economy said:

I suppose so but its really a drop in the bucket given the size of economies like Texas and the size of Government budgets. They probably will barely bat an eye for it

Ur still punishing fans 1000X more than politicians

But the politicians are Billie stans…

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

Archived