Jump to content
series

Questions about Lost


iku iku iku

Featured Posts

iku iku iku

1. Is it worth watching?

2. The ratings are weird.. why did seasons 3 and 6 dip so much? 

3. Does the story/ mythology tie up loose ends? I would hate for it to be another Game of Thrones where it’s hype hype hype and then just ends very poorly with lots of unanswered questions (not George R.R. Martin’s fault). 

I’m almost at the end of season 1. It’s very nice. Not a fan of flashbacks though. 

Please avoid spoiling anything! 

Edited by iku iku iku
  • YAAAS 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Joshie S
17 minutes ago, iku iku iku said:

3. Does the story/ mythology tie up loose ends? I would hate for another Game of Thrones where it’s hype hype hype and then just ends very poorly with lots of unanswered questions (not George R.R. Martin’s fault). 

You may be disappointed in the finale:huntyga:

I think it's worth the watch, however because of this comment, perhaps it's best if you don't finish it. There are too many unanswered questions, and the ones they did answer seem like a cop out in the end.

The thing about all the numbers in the first season? Yeah, good luck finding a reason for that.:enigma:

I think the show is good, but I'll let you make up your own mind. 
It left me confused and frustrated by the end of it. :bradley:

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
likeitrough
11 minutes ago, iku iku iku said:

1. Is it worth watching?

2. The ratings are weird.. why did seasons 3 and 6 dip so much? 

3. Does the story/ mythology tie up loose ends? I would hate for another Game of Thrones where it’s hype hype hype and then just ends very poorly with lots of unanswered questions (not George R.R. Martin’s fault). 

I’m almost at the end of season 1. It’s very nice. Not a fan of flashbacks though. 

Please avoid spoiling anything! 

it's one of my favourite shows of all time

in season 3 I believe that was around the time of the writers strike + imo, it was a bit of a slug to get through but it was worth it. season 6 is controversial amongst fans and the ending of the show is infamous, it left a bad taste in some peoples mouth but in my very controversial opinion; the ending of the show was beautiful and it encapsulated the core themes of the show, I understand why people didn't like it but there was a lot of people who didn't understand it and wrote it off as 'lazy'. 

there's a lot of story and mythology that comes 'full circle', lot's of 'holy **** that's why!' but don't expect it to happen anytime soon. in fact, a lot of the good lore is told much later into the series.

the flashbacks are a staple of the show and they do not go away, as the show goes on those sequences have some of the best, most emotional scenes of television.

in summary, does LOST end with more questions than you started with, major disappointment and build-up for nothing like GOT? no, it does not. but you may be confused and that's not a bad thing. 

LOST is worth it.

  • Like 5
  • YAAAS 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Pablo

So worth it! Rating drops were due to many reasons but some of it was just how huge the show got while it was airing. Not everyone will be happy if their idea of closure isn't what the show did. 

Don't visit my profile
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
CoolTrainerTerry
11 minutes ago, likeitrough said:

it's one of my favourite shows of all time

in season 3 I believe that was around the time of the writers strike + imo, it was a bit of a slug to get through but it was worth it. season 6 is controversial amongst fans and the ending of the show is infamous, it left a bad taste in some peoples mouth but in my very controversial opinion; the ending of the show was beautiful and it encapsulated the core themes of the show, I understand why people didn't like it but there was a lot of people who didn't understand it and wrote it off as 'lazy'. 

there's a lot of story and mythology that comes 'full circle', lot's of 'holy **** that's why!' but don't expect it to happen anytime soon. in fact, a lot of the good lore is told much later into the series.

the flashbacks are a staple of the show and they do not go away, as the show goes on those sequences have some of the best, most emotional scenes of television.

in summary, does LOST end with more questions than you started with, major disappointment and build-up for nothing like GOT? no, it does not. but you may be confused and that's not a bad thing. 

LOST is worth it.

I will defend this show and the finale until I die. 

Also, I was honest to God thinking about doing a rewatch earlier today. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
SEXODUS

what i think you should do is just take the show one episode at a time and see how you feel about it yourself as it progresses.

honest to god i feel our opinions as fans (or not) will just confuse you. what you’re gonna get with people’s take on a show (especially if it’s as divisive as this one) is either people praising it out of nostalgia or others criticizing it for the wrong reasons. 

we’ve all got different tastes and, you know how it is, you may love something that everybody else hates and dislike what everyone loves.

don’t be afraid to take the risk and don’t think too much about ratings and what’s to come three seasons from now. if a decade later people are still passionate about a show, there must definitely be a reason. whether that reason is good or bad will still be only up to you to decide. 

Edited by SEXODUS
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
SEXODUS
3 minutes ago, SEXODUS said:

what i think you should do is just take the show one episode at a time and see how you feel about it yourself as it progresses.

honest to god i feel our opinions as fans (or not) will just confuse you. what you’re gonna get with people’s take on a show (especially if it’s as divisive as this one) is either people praising it out of nostalgia or others criticizing it for the wrong reasons. 

we’ve all got different tastes and, you know how it is, you may love something that everybody else hates and dislike what everyone loves.

don’t be afraid to take the risk and don’t think too much about ratings and what’s to come three seasons from now. if a decade later people are still passionate about a show, there must definitely be a reason. whether that reason is good or bad will still be only up to you to decide. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
fishinmyhair

I loved it, watched it through a few times. I agree with most people here, season 6 is polarizing, but I loved it, especially the last few episodes.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
migamiga

as disappointed as i was by the finale/the way things ended, i still think it's worth watching. there are so many brilliant moments and rewatching last year in quarantine as an adult made me appreciate it in a completely different way. 

re: ratings dip, the show's time slot/night got moved around a lot during it's run so they lost a lot of casual viewers. also i remember losing patience around season 3 so i think a lot of people were just fatigued.

re: the way it ends, i don't think it's as universally panned as GOT. i think it all depends on your outlook on the show and what it means to you. i remember being so disappointed the first time i watched it but watching it again i caught things i didn't the first time and appreciated it a little more (still hate it though lol)

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
huttont

Watch it all! Totally worth it. Although it was an EXPERIENCE having to watch that show and wait for new episodes and seasons. Everyone was talking about it and theorizing

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
WheresMy911Alice

Totally worth the watch! It's my favorite show of all time and I'm actually almost done doing a rewatch of the entire show (almost done with season 6)

What I've found from rewatching is that in the long run and as a whole the important "mysteries" are answered and there's so much symbolism and recurring themes to keep you interested long after the show ends. 

Everyone is connected and the twists and reveals keep going until the very last episode. Truly amazing writing and character development :giveup:

Most people who didn't like it, didn't understand and it went over their heads imo and the finale is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. The show is about life, about letting go, about valuing all the time we have left on this planet. 

Don't forget my LOST discussion thread :bear:

(ALSO, avoid spoilers on the internet as it will COMPLETELY ruin your experience)

Edited by WheresMy911Alice
Link to post
Share on other sites
likeitrough
Spoiler
9 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

Totally worth the watch! It's my favorite show of all time and I'm actually almost done doing a rewatch of the entire show (almost done with season 6)

What I've found from rewatching is that in the long run and as a whole the important "mysteries" are answered and there's so much symbolism and recurring themes to keep you interested long after the show ends. 

Everyone is connected and the twists and reveals keep going until the very last episode. Truly amazing writing and character development :giveup:

Most people who didn't like it, didn't understand and it went over their heads imo and the finale is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. The show is about life, about letting go, about valuing all the time we have left on this planet. 

Don't forget my LOST discussion thread :bear:

(ALSO, avoid spoilers on the internet as it will COMPLETELY ruin your experience)

I would edit this part out, I think discovering it for yourself is a great journey

don't read ^, potential spoilers.

Edited by likeitrough
Link to post
Share on other sites
WheresMy911Alice
14 hours ago, likeitrough said:
  Hide contents

I would edit this part out, I think discovering it for yourself is a great journey

don't read ^, potential spoilers.

Lmao those are so vague sis, not really spoilers. Like what show is not about life? :sharon:

Link to post
Share on other sites
TheDemonIClingTo

Totally worth it. It's a 2010's show released in the 2000's. Season 6 is by far the weakest but the historical flashbacks were awesome.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...