Jump to content
The Evolution of Gaga
lgbt

Switzerland Legalize Same Sex Marriage Today


RAMROD

Featured Posts

26 minutes ago, Hades said:

Yeah things are way more difficult in Eastern Europe.

It is difficult with post-socialist countries, because people have been brainwashed with conservative communism propaganda for 40 years, with very low contact with open western world. Now we are still suffering from economic and corupction problems which originate in socialism era and therefore there is very little room for LGBT agenda among general population. I think it will take a change of generations, so the new generation brought up in western values will be prevalent instead of the old brainwashed conservative generation.

I'm not having fun tonight.
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
badfaith

Why oppose a marriage between two consenting adults? Gender should have never been in the equation in the first place :vegas:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Debithius

People like to say that Switzerland is slow when the US itself didn't legalize it until 2015 while almost 50% still wants to revoke it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lona Delery

btw we can change the title to "Switzerland legalizes same sex marriage" :gayhat: @RAMROD

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RAMROD changed the title to Switzerland Legalize Same Sex Marriage Today

Can't believe there's still so many countries in Europe so behind in this issue. The Netherlands, Beligium and Spain started more than 16 years ago :bradley:

I can understand the background of some countries but the case of Italy will never cease to amaze me :fthis:

Link to post
Share on other sites

AsleepOnTheCeiling
3 minutes ago, NAMURO said:

Can't believe there's still so many countries in Europe so behind in this issue. The Netherlands, Beligium and Spain started more than 16 years ago :bradley:

I can understand the background of some countries but the case of Italy will never cease to amaze me :fthis:

Isn't Italy VERY Catholic?

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

Isn't Italy VERY Catholic?

I wouldn't say they are more catholic than Spain, for example. But having the Vatican there for sure must be a tough nut to crack...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Economy
3 hours ago, RudraCNG said:

Omg I could have sworn that a country like Switzerland had same sex marriages legalized ages ago

Do u know how Right Leaning Switzerland is?

 

Their Capitalism makes USA seem like an Over regulated Socialist Country by comparison :enigma:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Queen Bitch
16 minutes ago, Economy said:

Do u know how Right Leaning Switzerland is?

 

Their Capitalism makes USA seem like an Over regulated Socialist Country by comparison :enigma:

I get why many people are surprised. Most people have an idea of Switzerland as this super liberal country while in reality it is quite conservative in a lot of areas

Link to post
Share on other sites

PartySick
2 hours ago, Debithius said:

People like to say that Switzerland is slow when the US itself didn't legalize it until 2015 while almost 50% still wants to revoke it. 

It's not that they're slow. To the contrary. They're so (seemingly?) progressive that it's honestly shocking that it wasn't already legal there :rip:

Whimsical bitch
Link to post
Share on other sites

Debithius
1 minute ago, PartySick said:

It's not that they're slow. To the contrary. They're so (seemingly?) progressive that it's honestly shocking that it wasn't already legal there :rip:

I mean, yeah I understand. I totally forgot it was illegal there but I guess it is a religion thing maybe? Or at least was.

Link to post
Share on other sites

GovernmentHookah
3 hours ago, Dennis said:

Lol wtf, I always held high esteem for Switzerland. Why they're so late to the party?

Well I held Spain in a very high esteem related to LGBTQ+ inclusion and look at what has happened there recently.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Economy
19 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

I get why many people are surprised. Most people have an idea of Switzerland as this super liberal country while in reality it is quite conservative in a lot of areas

I think its geographical area in mid almost northern Europe and prosperity makes ppl put it in the same category as Countries like Germany, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Norway etc

 

Its a very prosperous Nation overall but its society and way it operates is quite different from the other very rich European Countries... i think Luxembourg also more closely resembles Switzerland also if im nit mistaken

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, FameMonster01 said:

I feel you!

I'm from Croatia and we do have a civil partnership act, but we're far from a new referendum on gay marriage

Last time we had 65% disapproval rate, and 35% approval, mind you this was in 2013 so I think that things today would've been around 55-45% side for approval

 

Puno hvala. 😊

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...