lgbt

Switzerland Legalize Same Sex Marriage Today

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

UPDATE:

Swiss voters appear to have decided by a clear margin to allow same-sex couples to marry, according to a projection after a national referendum on Sunday.

The projection, by the gfs.bern polling agency for Switzerland’s public broadcasters, showed the measure passing by 64% to 36%.

Switzerland’s parliament and the governing federal council supported the “Marriage for All” measure, and pre-referendum polls showed solid backing. Switzerland has authorised same-sex civil partnerships since 2007.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/26/swiss-vote-overwhelmingly-for-same-sex-marriage-according-to-poll

Original article:

Twenty years after the Netherlands became the first in Europe to legalise same-sex marriage, Switzerland is among the last Western European countries where it is still outlawed.

But that may change after a national referendum on Sunday (September 26) when the wealthy Alpine nation will vote on whether to allow gay and lesbian couples to wed.

Recent polls suggest Swiss voters are on track to say yes to the "Marriage For All" (Ehe Fuer Alle) reform, with 63% of respondents in support, 35% opposed and 2% undecided.

Source:

https://www.euronews.com/2021/09/24/will-the-swiss-vote-for-gay-marriage-in-sunday-s-referendum

Looking forward for results by tonight or tomorrow

oprah-inhale.gif

Edited by RAMROD
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ K R U M P I N G (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 16
  • Love 5
  • Shook 1
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lona Delery

• FameMonster01

• Economy

• SwissMonster

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UPDATE: Swiss voters appear to have decided by a clear margin to allow same-sex couples to marry, according to a projection after a national referendum on Sunday. The projection, by the gfs.

Omg I could have sworn that a country like Switzerland had same sex marriages legalized ages ago

Switzerland was one of the last countries allowing women to vote over here in europe (in 1971)  So not that surprising 

Lona Delery

if any German speaker wants to follow the live feed: https://www.nzz.ch/schweiz/abstimmungen-live-kommt-das-jawort-zur-ehe-fuer-alle-ld.1646701

first extrapolation in about 15 minutes!

5 minutes ago, FameMonster01 said:

35% opposed in SWITZERLAND?`Wow

63% in favour is quite a lot for a referendum here :enigma:

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride
Lona Delery

current projection is 64% yes!

also lowkey screaming @ the canton of Schwyz being the only canton so fare to oppose same-sex marriage :rip: a literal right-winger's nest

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride
SwissMonster
13 minutes ago, RudraCNG said:

Omg I could have sworn that a country like Switzerland had same sex marriages legalized ages ago

Switzerland was one of the last countries allowing women to vote over here in europe (in 1971) :cyanlights: So not that surprising :cyanlights:

• Like 1
  • Shook 10
SwissMonster
21 minutes ago, FameMonster01 said:

35% opposed in SWITZERLAND?`Wow

65% in favor is a lot for a swiss referendum. Still a lot opposing but very “clear” result for Switzerland 

• Thanks 1
Magui

I thought it was already a done thing in Switzerland :huh:. (Probably cause in Portugal got legalized in 2010).

From the look of it, seems that it's finally happening! :golfclap:

FameMonster01
20 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

65% in favor is a lot for a swiss referendum. Still a lot opposing but very “clear” result for Switzerland 

Yeah but i was shocked, this is still a LGBT topic, and Switzerland is a western country after all

No wonder why most of eastern european countries have opposing 60+% for LGBT issues

Hades
3 minutes ago, FameMonster01 said:

No wonder why most of eastern european countries have opposing 60+% for LGBT issues

Yeah things are way more difficult in Eastern Europe. My country (Greece) is really mixed on this subject but i suppose we're in a better condition than Poland and Hungary. Hopefully we'll get there for our future generations. 🥺

• Love 1
FameMonster01
Just now, Hades said:

Yeah things are way more difficult in Eastern Europe. My country (Greece) is really mixed on this subject but i suppose we're in a better condition than Poland and Hungary. Hopefully we'll get there for our future generations. 🥺

I feel you!

I'm from Croatia and we do have a civil partnership act, but we're far from a new referendum on gay marriage

Last time we had 65% disapproval rate, and 35% approval, mind you this was in 2013 so I think that things today would've been around 55-45% side for approval

• Love 1
aphrodisease

They're voting for the legalization of gay marriage as well as IVF for lesbian couples. Glad I could vote for my rights :)

"Faites-moi des grimaces dans le dos tant que vous voudrez; mon cul vous contemple." - Gustave Flaubert
  • Love 1
  • RAMROD changed the title to Switzerland Legalize Same Sex Marriage Today