science

Humans were in the Americas during Ice Age's peak

FfFfFfFF

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

DnWC8BTFCzb7ADzqzogaX4-970-80.jpg

60 footprints embedded in an ancient lake bed in what is now White Sands National Park in south central New Mexico are strong evidence that humans occupied the New World between about 21,000 and 23,000 years ago.

The footprints are the first unequivocal data point in this debate." (Ichnologists study trace fossils, such as fossilized footprints and tracks.)

210922-ancient-footprints-jm-1411-fa0dd5.jpg614ca285c2c9630018f5fb3a?format=jpegmerlin_195145278_cea12410-a305-4d90-9008

The arrival of the first people in the Americas was a key step in humanity's expansion across the planet, but the precise timing of this milestone remains hotly contested.

These findings reveal that people occupied southwestern North America for at least 2,000 years during the Last Glacial Maximum. "Also, we believe they were there [for] much longer than the two millennia we are currently able to say," Bennett said.

3xMnXjGFjiLjE7LknLubt4-970-80.jpgmTBAQmLt7s9NUJp7hVbFe4-970-80.jpgfile-20210921-23-1uj9b7l.jpeg?ixlib=rb-1

Source - https://www.livescience.com/earliest-conclusive-evidence-found-of-humans-in-the-new-world

Edited by FfFfFfFF
►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • Like 9
  • Shook 4
A MESS

this is really fascinating as we did not have archaeological evidence of this hypothesis until now! I think coastal settlements could be now up to 100 meters below sea level, and 20k years of underwater erosion...we can only imagine what that does to wooden huts and holes in the ground :saladga:

Генерал Марина Абрамовић
  • Like 2
  • Shook 1
BELLYACHE
1 hour ago, ProfessionalClown said:

Columbus is canceledt (well he already was for…other things…but still)

For what things?

RAMROD

Interesting. Winder what ancient people eat back then. Did they already have grains? Did they eat mammoth meat? Or something else? 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ K R U M P I N G (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
RAMROD
2 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Interesting. Winder what ancient people eat back then. Did they already have grains? Did they eat mammoth meat? Or something else? 

Hol Up! 

I find these:

Woolly mammoths, in fact, were still around while the Ancient Egyptians were busy building the Great Pyramids. 

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg13718662-600-science-mini-mammoths-survived-into-egyptian-times/

so they likely already crop and eat grains and such

:bradley:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ K R U M P I N G (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
Fan Favorite
11 minutes ago, BELLYACHE said:

For what things?

I mean for one thing cruelty of the highest degree to the natives he encountered.

But I recently found out that dumbass brought corn to the old world without explaining the nixtmalization process which lead to the spread of pellagra throughout the world. 

• Shook 1
holy scheisse
1 hour ago, A MESS said:

this is really fascinating as we did not have archaeological evidence of this hypothesis until now! I think coastal settlements could be now up to 100 meters below sea level, and 20k years of underwater erosion...we can only imagine what that does to wooden huts and holes in the ground :saladga:

That makes sense. Cuz as the ice age ended the sea levels rose? 

• Like 1
BELLYACHE
6 minutes ago, Fan Favorite said:

I mean for one thing cruelty of the highest degree to the natives he encountered.

But I recently found out that dumbass brought corn to the old world without explaining the nixtmalization process which lead to the spread of pellagra throughout the world. 

Oh wow

A MESS
1 hour ago, holy scheisse said:

That makes sense. Cuz as the ice age ended the sea levels rose? 

Exactly! As you can see in the below picture, e.g., Siberia and Alaska were fused together

Map_of_gene_flow_in_and_out_of_Beringia.

Генерал Марина Абрамовић
  • Shook 1
holy scheisse
20 minutes ago, A MESS said:

Exactly! As you can see in the below picture, e.g., Siberia and Alaska were fused together

Map_of_gene_flow_in_and_out_of_Beringia.

So fascinating and crazy to think how much stuff is lost or eroded away completely at the bottom of the oceans 😭 such a mysterious place, our precious water oceans...

• Like 1
  • Love 1
FfFfFfFF
2 hours ago, RAMROD said:

1. No, grains became a thing when agriculture and modern settlement became a thing. Early humans were hunter-gatherers, they hunted and ate the whatever plants they could find (did they also use to plant specific plant species to eat after they grew from time to time? maybe, but agriculture started to be used extensively later on in the fertile areas of Middle East, and this allowed humans to settle down and have more children, thus the city appeared).

2. The mammoths were most likely pushed into extinction by humans, so before humans setttled Americas they obviously roamed those places. Most mammoths died out 10,000 years ago, but some survived in remote islands such as Wrangel Island, and as your link says, some were contemporary to the building of the Pyramids. When the Pyramids where built, mammoths were extinct in continental Eurasia.

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►