rumor

Lana Del Rey in bitter row with Lorde

Teletubby

Featured Posts

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anderson123

Lana, Lorde and Jack are all very talented but when you work with the same producer and you make similar music this is going to happen at some point. Taking a look at Katy's California Gurls and Kesha's Tik Tok, Dr. Luke just recycled that sound and no one said anything about it BUT they're very different songs and artists so idk. Doesn't seem like it's completely true but wouldn't be surprised if it is, Lana could really be saying those things and can't blame her.

Teletubby
3 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

Lana, Lorde and Jack are all very talented but when you work with the same producer and you make similar music this is going to happen at some point. Taking a look at Katy's California Gurls and Kesha's Tik Tok, Dr. Luke just recycled that sound and no one said anything about it BUT they're very different songs and artists so idk. Doesn't seem like it's completely true but wouldn't be surprised if it is, Lana could really be saying those things and can't blame her.

Kesha and Katy weren'tĀ credited as producer on theseĀ songs, while Lorde and Lana areĀ producers and writers of these songs.Ā 

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Anderson123
5 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

Kesha and Katy weren'tĀ credited as producer on theseĀ songs, while Lorde and Lana areĀ producers and writers of these songs.Ā 

That's true. Katy and Kesha weren't as involved in the process of it so they probably didn't care they were similar. Lorde and Lana are songwriters and producers and are heavily involved in the creation of their music so can see why this would happen.

3 hours ago, The Fame Monster said:

How the tables have turned.Ā :wtfga:

Lorde in 2013:

ā€Q:Ā As a young woman, have you felt it necessary to call attention to the control youā€™ve taken over things? Or to remind people that youā€™re both a writer and singer?Ā 
Ā 

A: Absolutely. I think a lot of women in this industry maybe arenā€™t doing so well for the girls. Iā€™ve read interviews where certain big female stars are like, ā€œIā€™m not a feminist.ā€ Iā€™m like, Thatā€™s not what itā€™s about. Sheā€™s great, but I listened to that Lana Del Rey record and the whole time I was just thinking itā€™s so unhealthy for young girls to be listening to, you know: "Iā€™m nothing without you." This sort of shirt-tugging, desperate, donā€™t leave me stuff. Thatā€™s not a good thing for young girls, even young people, to hear. I donā€™t really have any girls songs [for the new record]. I should have. But I think the way in which I assert myself as not being about that stuff is by writing about it in a way thatā€™s a bit less obvious and less cloying. There are a couple songs on the record about relationship-y stuff, but I make sure to write about it in a way that you donā€™t know if itā€™s a friend or a relationship, because thatā€™s something thatā€™s personal to me.ā€

Source:Ā https://www.thefader.com/2013/08/08/interview-lorde/#ixzz2eqtozq2v

Shoooook!!!Ā :wtfga:

she was so nasty with other female artists back then but she was specially harsh on Lana.Ā 

It's time she realizes that without Lana there would be no Lorde.Ā 

ProfessionalClown

Lana just keeps digging herself a grave. The only difference is she doesnā€™t sit in it and behave.

Quick note this was written by the mirror who are a horrible tabloid newspaper known for making up gossip and pitting women against each other for headlines. The likelihood is that Lana isn't that mad about it like they are saying.Ā 

8 hours ago, LilMissThang said:

Lana wants retribution after Lorde talked bad about her in 2013 lmao.

LordeĀ said, ā€œI listened to that Lana Del Rey record and the whole time I was just thinking itā€™s so unhealthy for young girls to be listening to, you know: ā€˜Iā€™m nothing without you.ā€™ This sort of shirt-tugging, desperate, donā€™t leave me stuff. Thatā€™s not a good thing for young girls, even young people, to hear.ā€ and [about Born to Die]Ā ā€œWhat really got me is this ridiculous, unrelatable, unattainable opulence that runs throughout."

ā€œLana Del Rey has favourited a tweet containing a picture of a bracelet made of pins captioned, "I bought this for you @lordemusic." šŸ’€

https://www.gigwise.com/news/88597/

Lana is in the right. You disrespect her and then you steal her melodies. Time to get suedĀ 

DavidLuis198
6 hours ago, HelloBarbara said:

Also, on a completely different note, doesnā€™t Wild at Heart sample How to Disappear?

and also samples hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it...

Ā 

all these songs having similar sound just make more clear (at least for me) that Antonoff had ran out of ideas

I don't know how to write in english

StarstruckIllusion
9 hours ago, LilMissThang said:

Lana wants retribution after Lorde talked bad about her in 2013 lmao.

LordeĀ said, ā€œI listened to that Lana Del Rey record and the whole time I was just thinking itā€™s so unhealthy for young girls to be listening to, you know: ā€˜Iā€™m nothing without you.ā€™ This sort of shirt-tugging, desperate, donā€™t leave me stuff. Thatā€™s not a good thing for young girls, even young people, to hear.ā€ and [about Born to Die]Ā ā€œWhat really got me is this ridiculous, unrelatable, unattainable opulence that runs throughout."

ā€œLana Del Rey has favourited a tweet containing a picture of a bracelet made of pins captioned, "I bought this for you @lordemusic." šŸ’€

https://www.gigwise.com/news/88597/

Did she lie? I think not.Ā 

Also, maybe Taylor, Lana, Lorde + others should stop passing around Jack like an STI. Heā€™s running out of ideas and itā€™s getting (extremely)Ā boring at this point.Ā 

9 minutes ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

Did she lie? I think not.Ā 

Also, maybe Taylor, Lana, Lorde + others should stop passing around Jack like an STI.

lady gaga 61st grammys GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

Archived