💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Are we overlooking Tony’s star power?

Dr Fudge

Featured Posts

Tony isn't an album mover.

His starpower, as it translates now, does two things in terms of industry: high priced small engagement tickets and industry support (Grammys).

We saw the former in action last month when several high profile politicians and celebrities attended One Last Time. Gaga was a perk, sure, but that evening was fundamentally a celebration and send-off of Tony's career.

The latter we see in the fact in the fact that half of his Grammys have been won since his lifetime achievement that he is the only "legend" to get into more competitive categories still like Best Pop Duo/Group Performance. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dr Fudge

I choose few hills to die on, but I choose this one. I really believe in Tony and Gaga and the potential with this album. Perhaps my volition is leading me down an odd path, but I can’t believe that my optimistic spirit would lead me astray.

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

LandonM170

Trust me in 6 days I have listened to Wildest Dreams (TV) 17 times so if miss Taylor doesn't release a single from Red (TV) then that album will be listened to 24/7 for the first week! We ARE gonna get #1 for Tony!!

LandonM170

Another way to get #1 is to buy physical copies. Taylor's release is just Fearless (TV) (which came out in April) however it is coming out on LP so it is just a physical release for Taylor that is why we need to buy physical copies and stream as much as possible.

ANTI WP

We are going to debut at #4 

Meek,Drake and Taylor are all competing for TOP 3

Meek mill did 220k for his last album 

Drake will maintain his consistency 

Taylor will pull all the gimmicks and tricks for the no 1 

So i want yall to take a back seat and enjoy the album 

ProdigyARTPOP

we will go #1 potentially in a different week with the doc/movies or  under the worst thought on a grimmer day,

but until then top #5 

6 hours ago, Blastertoyo said:

From what I remember last time c2c was being sold in Starbuckses too 

so that’s minus 2 favorable factors 

Cheek+To+Cheek!28.jpg

Dua dua dua dua dua dua dua lipaaaaa

I Don’t Mean a Thing (Dua Dua Chromacheek from the Vault) PNAU Remix.mp3 

:tony::worship2:

Jennie Kim

I think the top 3 will be Taylor, Meek and Drake.

L4S will fight for the #4 spot with Montero.

Taylor 150k - 170k

Meek / Drake 120k - 140k

LNX 80k - 100k

Gaga and Tony 60K - 80k

Bradley
15 hours ago, FudgeyBear said:

Gaga went on to sell 201k with Joanne, 231k with ASIB, and 274k with Chromatica during each respective album’s first week sales. So why can’t they do these numbers again? 

She promoted those albums, extensively, heavily, consistently, across geographical continents and demographic platforms, for months.

Love for Sale has two studio videos and that's it. Those performances she recorded wouldn't come until Christmas so the first week sales won't benefit from them. Chromatica had Ariana Grande and the explosive premiere of the Rain On Me video, she was releasing a lot of visuals, magazine interviews and photoshoots which she shot before. So far we're not really getting these even for LFS.

They will do astronomical numbers compared to what jazz albums usually sell. But they will not beat Taylor Swift and Drake. They're the highest selling female and male of the last years...

Monster Voices

Number 1? When the Love foe sale song+video came out it wasn't even trending here. Instead Montero was tending and some random ****. The 2 videos of the singles have 2 mil and half mil views each. Come on.

Enjoy things without looking at the charts.

Forever and Always!

voltron92
14 hours ago, FudgeyBear said:

I choose few hills to die on, but I choose this one. I really believe in Tony and Gaga and the potential with this album. Perhaps my volition is leading me down an odd path, but I can’t believe that my optimistic spirit would lead me astray.

I share your sentiments. It's his last album too and gaga has been promoting it. She wants this #1. you don't have to like jazz but think of people you know who do and buy a couple cds/vinyls for them. I am already planning on buying a vinyl or two for my in law's.

Wet Fire

But it's not being marketed as Tony's last album. I mean it is an emotional finish to his legendary career. But I don't see the promo being spiked up by the labels. 

Archived