science

More birds make you as happy as more money, according to study

FfFfFfFF

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

1*Fnnb0jzYFjMxzV86R2QBww.jpeg

What makes people happiest: money or birds? To examine this question, Professor Dr Böhning-Gaese teamed up with environmental ecologist Joel Methorst, a doctoral researcher at Helmut-Schmidt University Hamburg. 

Dr Methorst and his collaborators analyzed data collected from more than 26,000 adults living in 26 European countries by the 2012 European Quality of Life Survey to examine the connection between peoples’ reported life satisfaction and the diversity of species living nearby. The researchers obtained avian species diversity data from the European Breeding Bird Atlas (The Breeding Bird Atlas is an ongoing collaborative effort by more than 120,000 birders who, at the behest of a variety of organizations from 48 countries, collect and collate the most up-to-date information for the distributions, abundances and changes in bird populations throughout Europe.)

Dr Methorst and his collaborators proposed that there are two mechanisms whereby birds enhance human happiness: first, there could be a direct effect from seeing and hearing birds. Second, there could be an indirect effect by virtue of the diverse habitats and landscapes where more bird species live and breed: Green spaces and other natural landscapes that are home to a diversity of plants, trees and bodies of water also attract a high number of bird species. “The scientific literature indicates that both pathways are possible.”

“According to our findings, the happiest Europeans are those who can experience numerous different bird species in their daily life, or who live in near-natural surroundings that are home to many species,” concluded Dr Methorst.

birds.jpg

Source

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • Love 10
alecks
7 minutes ago, ANTI WP said:

It's true 

Bird watching and Fish gazing makes you happy and calm :ally:

Tea. I got an aquarium recently and every time I walk past it, I end up sitting in front of it for 10 mins or so just watching the fish finding nemo fish GIF

• Like 1
River

idk, they wake me up early sometimes because they start to sing at 5am and I'm like bitches let me sleep, I slept only 4 hours stop it please but no they don't, it's a nightmare

"There could be 99 toilets in a house, and it's my house" - River, 2021
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 3
FfFfFfFF

In the same topic

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1
Glamourpuss

I like watching the birds.

A couple of seagulls had babies on my roof this year and I saw a robin in the summer time for the first time ever this year when I usually see them in winter. There's the same little black bird that keeps visiting my front garden to look for worms and there are two doves that visit the back one to eat some berries from a bush I've allowed to grow too high into a tree so my cats don't get them.

Sometimes I see some squirrels running around in the tallest neighborhood trees. They are fascinating to watch. 

• Love 3
badfaith
20 hours ago, alecks said:

finding nemo fish GIF

it's giving this :billie:

09604388-3023-4671-B2-A8-3-F9-F8-B68-A71

Edited by badfaith
  • LMAO 2
Healed My Heart

Love this!! I have always felt a spiritual connection to birds :flutter:

Even though I live close to a big city, we have lots of birds and wildlife at my house. Robins, blue jays, chickadees, hummingbirds, woodpeckers, and even a couple bald eagles that hang out around the neighborhood in the tall trees :heart:

She/her 💗💜💙
  • Love 3
HermioneT

This is so true for me, too. I love watching birds and I even love waking up to their singing. It's the thing I miss most about my parents home: it has a huge garden and countless bird living there, which woke me up through all of my childhood.

She / hers
  • Love 4
badfaith
19 minutes ago, ANTI WP said:

Shawn mendes its that you ? :billie:

it's giving... it's giving cher :ally:

KanyeWest

guess what people MONEY ISNT REAL

Kanye West Is Blonde And Gone
KanyeWest
2 hours ago, Glamourpuss said:

I like watching the birds.

A couple of seagulls had babies on my roof this year and I saw a robin in the summer time for the first time ever this year when I usually see them in winter. There's the same little black bird that keeps visiting my front garden to look for worms and there are two doves that visit the back one to eat some berries from a bush I've allowed to grow too high into a tree so my cats don't get them.

Sometimes I see some squirrels running around in the tallest neighborhood trees. They are fascinating to watch. 

Squirrells are so damn cute i wanna hug them and feed them and protect them

Kanye West Is Blonde And Gone
  • YAAAS 1