🐍 Official visual for Dorian Electra's remix of "Replay" 🐍

economy

Amazon Increasing Wages in Canada

Economy

Featured Posts

Economy

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/amazon-to-hire-15-000-employees-across-canada-increase-wages-1.1651348

Amazon is raising the starting wage in its lowest paid positions from the current $16/h to $17/h

Existing employees will also receive a $1.60/h to $2.20 (depending on position).

The increase in existing employees affects 25,000 workers whereas the new $17/h for jew recruits will affect 15,000 new employees the company seeks to hire

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1
Economy

Compared to other level entry jobs in retail or warehouse amazon pay isnt all bad

What they really need to work on is a system that doesnt work their workers to death :duck:

• Like 1
Munchlax
2 minutes ago, dit said:

Fantastic news! 17$ per hour is actually SOLID especially for an entry level job. 

Not in Canada. :duck:

Munchlax tends to store food in its long fur, although it sometimes forgets about its hidden food.
  • Like 1
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 1
Economy
4 minutes ago, Munchlax said:

If ur refering to our cost of living from insane rents and home prices even $30/h isnt enough at this point :toofunny:

I make more than the average person ($26/h) and if i moved out on my own id still struggle with how real estate is :enigma:

But @dit is right. Not a whole lot of entry level jobs that require no experience or post secondary go much higher than that. U can find a few here and there especially as a laborer in the trades but other than that u wont find much...

Most entry level jobs tend to go from $14/h to $17/h... on occasion $18 if ur lucky

Edited by Economy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
dit
5 minutes ago, Munchlax said:

unfortunately if you are doing entry level jobs you need to be living with family or renting with a lot of people so 17$ an hour is actually pretty good but I agree that if you have bigger goals / want to live on your own etc... then it deffinetly is not enough I agree. But like @Economy said, not many entry level jobs pay that type of money. 

Munchlax
4 minutes ago, Economy said:

If ur refering to our cost of living from insane rents and home prices even $30/h isnt enough at this point :toofunny:

I make more than the average person ($26/h) and if i moved out on my own id still struggle with how real estate is :enigma:

But @dit is right. Not a whole lot of entry level jobs that require no experience or post secondary go much higher than that. U can find a few here and there especially as a laborer in the trades but other than that u wont find much...

Most entry level jobs tend to go from $14/h to $17/h... on occasion $18 if ur lucky

Just now, dit said:

unfortunately if you are doing entry level jobs you need to be living with family or renting with a lot of people so 17$ an hour is actually pretty good but I agree that if you have bigger goals / want to live on your own etc... then it deffinetly is not enough I agree. But like @Economy said, not many entry level jobs pay that type of money. 

I’m on ODSP (disability) so I can’t relate with the working wages stuff. I only make ~$1000.00 a month and I know I sure can’t live anywhere unless it’s thru affordable housing. (Which I’m currently waiting for, living with my parents right now)

Munchlax tends to store food in its long fur, although it sometimes forgets about its hidden food.
  • Love 2
Economy
16 minutes ago, Munchlax said:

I’m on ODSP (disability) so I can’t relate with the working wages stuff. I only make ~$1000.00 a month and I know I sure can’t live anywhere unless it’s thru affordable housing. (Which I’m currently waiting for, living with my parents right now)

So sorry about ur situation, disability benefits are a joke :(

But yeah... for average young ppl in most of Canada i feel like what determines if they are well off or not more than their income is whether or not they live with their parents...

Cuz if u live with ur parents, even a soso wage can leave with with a lot of disposable income to have fun and still save etc... even at minimum wage

on the otherhand if u live on ur own, even an above average income will have u stretched and penny pinching

wages in Canada (even minimum wage) leaves ppl with a lot of purchasing power for most things... U can buy a lot of "stuff" in Canada of goods and services with our wages... what truly makes everyone struggle is housing. When u add that to the equation suddenly our wages are not enough, housing sucks up more than half of everyones income. An insane percentage of ppl in Toronto for example spend over 70% of income on housing :duck:

I make $9/h more than my brother... if i moved out of family, id still be worse off than him cuz what makes life so expensive is housing :/

Edited by Economy
  • Thanks 1
PussOfYonce

we need to destroy amazon and smash capitalism into the ground.

im so ****n done with this istg

BEYONCÉ IS COMING
  • Thanks 1
NicoB Minaj
1 minute ago, PussOfYonce said:

we need to destroy amazon

What a monster! Dont you think of the animals?:grr:

Pull up in the monster automobile gangsta
PussOfYonce
1 minute ago, NicoB said:

What a monster! Dont you think of the animals?:grr:

:triggered: im gonna put you on the buffet of the rich 

BEYONCÉ IS COMING
  • LMAO 1
Economy
5 minutes ago, PussOfYonce said:

we need to destroy amazon and smash capitalism into the ground.

im so ****n done with this istg

The big issue with amazon is how they treat their workers...

But economically i think wed be worse off if they were gone...

Most retail jobs amazon displaces in places like Walmart pay less (and most retail places dont treat their workers all that well either) and while paying their workers more than traditional retail they also sell stuff cheaper than traditional retail

I agree Capitalism as a whole sucks i wont argue there (especially the way its becone very chrony in the last 40 years) but if u were to go after specific individual companies im not sure amazon is where id start

Edited by Economy
NicoB Minaj
2 minutes ago, PussOfYonce said:

:triggered: im gonna put you on the buffet of the rich 

But you're trying to burn down the amazon rainforest!:grr:

Pull up in the monster automobile gangsta
CautiousLurker

Worked at an amazon warehouse for a few months - the pain you have to put up with is really not worth it, you're basically standing or walking for 10 hours, you can't have your phone with you/listen to music which makes a shift mind-crushingly dull... and then the pain in the legs kicks in - for the first 5 hours its fine, but the last 3 are excruciating... I quit after realizing I genuinely would rather die than work there :enigma:

sniveling little Kant scholar
  • Love 1
PussOfYonce
Just now, CautiousLurker said:

Worked at an amazon warehouse for a few months - the pain you have to put up with is really not worth it, you're basically standing or walking for 10 hours, you can't have your phone with you/listen to music which makes a shift mind-crushingly dull... and then the pain in the legs kicks in - for the first 5 hours its fine, but the last 3 are excruciating... I quit after realizing I genuinely would rather die than work there :enigma:

DEATH TO BEZOS :grr:

BEYONCÉ IS COMING
  • YAAAS 1