💓 Official visual for Ashnikko's remix of "Plastic Doll" 💓

society

Woman finds 'gorgeous' flower mantis living in her garden

FfFfFfFF

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

69589918_2809261175767861_23734418344928

On a September day in South Africa, Margaret Neville made a fascinating discovery in her back garden. Resting among her lavender bushes was a flower mantis, a type of praying mantis which has evolved to appear incredibly “floral” as a method of camouflage.

RdZ0TEoO7z6tj

The particular flower mantis found by Neville is a female with a large swirl pattern on her back and protrusions that look like lavender buds along her legs. Astonished by the insect's beauty, Neville named the mantis “Miss Frilly Pants” in reference to her purple “pantaloons.”

“Nature is there for us all to share,” Neville tells My Modern Met. Since sharing her discovery, Miss Frilly Pants now has many fans across the world. 

chet-me-bo-ngua-dep-nhat-the-gioi-ca-ngobeautiful-flower-mantis-bug-margaret-neva29945dc2c443e8a32c9390f065d6d3d.jpgbeautiful-flower-mantis-bug-margaret-nev

Source

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 30
  • Shook 7
Pennywise

For a second I thought it was gonna be something like that woman holding a blue-ringed octopus without knowing what it is :air:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 2
the Devil of Pop

Stunning! The pattern on the wings made me suspect it was a hoax that had been painted but after googling Flower Mantises I see it's definitely real! Look at these alien beauties! Reminds me of Iris Van Herpen :flutter:

u15xrw7dsg351.jpg

flower-mantis-dancing-260nw-1289203231.j

How can I protect something so perfect without evil?
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 11
  • Shook 1
Pablo

So gorgeous and unlike any insect I've seen. Mantises are so fun to watch. 

Don't visit my profile
  • Like 1
Cookie Woman

Ugh... In my dream life, I have a bunch of mantis pets. Probably also a pitbull, but obv we'd keep them in separate rooms.

I was replacing the flowers on my sister's grave last week and saw this gorgeous all-gray mantis amidst the blooms.

Edited by Cookie Woman
https://youtu.be/IGWz5psncCI
  • Love 2
River

very gaga

"There could be 99 toilets in a house, and it's my house" - River, 2021
FfFfFfFF
13 hours ago, VasilisVas said:

I guess it’s pretty, but I’d also be freaked out if I saw it in real life :bradley:

If this is scary then how about these? :bradley:

maxresdefault.jpgcreepy-insects-elephant-beetle.jpg10-Of-The-Creepiest-And-Largest-Insects-

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • Shook 3
  • Sad 2