Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ROM Arca Remix - What Happened??

BlingNotTheMusic

Featured Posts

Just now, CyanDante said:

The visual is a cherry on the cake. It completely enhances that weird theatrical beauty that exists within the song. Made me love the song even more! :sara:

Thank you!

Seriously everyone, please watch the visual until the very end. I watched the guy work on it for a week non stop and every detail is gorgeous. I keep noticing new stuff every time.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NichuuB
3 minutes ago, Admin said:

Thank you!

Seriously everyone, please watch the visual until the very end. I watched the guy work on it for a week non stop and every detail is gorgeous. I keep noticing new stuff every time.

The visual made me, appreciate even more the ROM remix:firega:, and now I'm addicted to it.

Property of @Whale

6 minutes ago, NicoB said:

The visual made me, appreciate even more the ROM remix:firega:, and now I'm addicted to it.

Thank you!!!

BleepBloop
2 hours ago, alsemanche said:

okay listen 

LISTEN

I just put it on replay on my headphones and this remix actually SLAPS??? Idk what happened but it finally clicked and it... makes all the sense nnnn. I KNEW Arca wouldn't just f*ck up like that ugh her mind.... 

My only problem with it at this point is the tiny section of Arca vocals from Time (around 2:23). I wish they were lower a more distorted. But other than that?

MOVER EL CULO

wendy-williams-dancing.gif 

MOVER EL CULO

wendy-williams-dancing.gif 

You have seen the light :heart:

ShayCristoforo

You can't take a legendary song, and make it meh.
Period. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

PawsUpJago

It grew on me for sure, it's so beautiful and euphoric in a completely opposite way that the euphoria comes in the original track. I wasn't too worried about this track (I was mainly worried about the tracks that I felt needed to be redeemed), but original ROM just really couldn't have been made or remixed better as a dance song to me at all, so any attempt at that wouldn't have satisfied us anyway, face it. And that also isn't Arca's style so maybe some of you should have done your research to manage your expectations 😂

Even though at first I felt the first 3 tracks were a little underwhelming, Alice, Stupid Love and ROM were all songs that production-wise I felt needed a second chance. Saying that, that Alice remix is an abomination and clashes horribly with the vocals, that one I was disappointed because it ended up sounding nothing like LSDXOXO's other work from what I had looked up, was excited for a fierce ballroom type thing. 😂

The way I see this version of ROM though is the version of ROM I would happily put on when I was on dr*gs and just disappear a bit into

Ladle Ghoulash
7 hours ago, SlowLoris said:

Arca took that route because it's her style.  

You've listened to her other stuff, I assume?  IM moreso slightly confused that you seem surprised by the "lack of structure".  It's how most of Arca's music is.... experimental and noisy.

I of course don't think you have to like it hahaha.  But this route didn't shock me at all.

It also...doesn't lack structure? It literally follows the progression of the original song 

Anderson123

Ari's voice with that ethereal instrumental is one of the highlights of Dawn of Chromatica. I understand why fans didn't like it because that's Arca's style but you guys want Gaga to do experimental stuff so when you get it you get confused.

holy scheisse

Omg it's grown to be one of my top remixes from the album sis. Can't explain it, but I love the atmosphere arca created on that track. 

Arcadia

I didn't like the Free Woman (sounds like FW on steroids (too much going on)) and ROM is my favorite on the album because it's an ethereal vibe :billie:

Healed My Heart

I've listened to the ROM remix a LOT because I want to love it and I'm trying to "get" it but it hasn't clicked for me yet.

I haven't ever listened to Arca's music, so I'm not familiar with the style, and I think that could be why.

For me, I love the overall vibe, I love the ethereal take on the song. It reminds me of being in the clouds. I love the flourishes especially during Ari's verse, with chimes that sound like raindrops and strums that sound like a harp. It's angelic.

What loses it for me is how quiet / in the background the vocals are, as well as the seeming lack of structure (which I know from this thread is not necessarily the case, but it isn't a "traditional" type of song structure).

I think I personally want the same vibes and sounds but packaged more like a pop song, which I realize isn't the vision for it; but I think I am having trouble not comparing what it is to what my brain wants it to be... If that makes any sense.

She/her 💗💜💙

AURAOFSHEISSE
8 hours ago, Sneaky said:

Have you even listened to any of her music? Because in that case, you wouldn’t be asking this…Arca does deconstructed club all the time, so nothing out of the ordinary happened

8 hours ago, Andrea Nicole said:

''Why do you think Arca took this route?''

its literally her style...

8 hours ago, SlowLoris said:

Arca took that route because it's her style.  

You've listened to her other stuff, I assume?  IM moreso slightly confused that you seem surprised by the "lack of structure".  It's how most of Arca's music is.... experimental and noisy.

I of course don't think you have to like it hahaha.  But this route didn't shock me at all.

The remix is way less structured than any of Arcas other work which even though it could be considered noisy it still flows like a wave. the remix (which I like) does not flow like Arca's work usually does, I would not mind the metalo secalo in any other Arca song but it does not go with ROM at all.

“Hands on your knees, I’m Angelina Jolie”

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived